Quarterback Quest

BigBlue

I don't think I would go after Franklin; Nichols is the better deal ... he is more mature, gaining confidence and coming into his own. It was only injuries that slowed him down in Edmonton and his full talent is starting to show ... he will get much better in each of the two upcoming years ... so why even think about giving up a high first rounder for him? To see if Franklin can finally make it as a starter? he might .... he might not but there surely will be growing pains as he learns his trade.

I don't have the least interest in a worn out injury plagued QB like Darian Durant .... ditto for Ricky Ray ... but I would not mind seeing Burris here as much as some of you despise leaders with big egos ... he has proven to be perhaps the best QB in the league these last two years ... he might even get us that long awaited cup ... can you spell platoon?

But if he is not available I am just fine with Kevin Glenn ... the best backup in the league for many years .... and if  ever necessary he can play well enough to be called upon  to give us a shot at the cup ...

Dominic Davis is not our QB of the future or even worth additional time to be groomed for number two ... his time is up ...  Bennett has a better arm, probably better feet, youth and is well worth grooming to be a number two ....

... as for the other retreads around the league, I would only show interest if Glenn wasn't available .... they all have potential but its like slogging it out in the new product department - - long shots

So lets see what our number 1 and number 5 draft picks can do for us in two years when we might be going for back to back Grey Cups

Edited by BigBlue

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Bennett is a Rider as of a few minutes ago

Say whhaaaattt?

Bennett was obviously just a PR arm who we've only seen briefly in pre-season. But he also represented the only [young] QB that Walters has ever brought into the fold. Going into year 4, that position has been a real bust for our scouting department. 

Just now, bearpants said:

That sucks... I forgot that PR guys get immediately released after the season... just looked, the Riders signed Thomas Mayo too...

That also sucks. 

Not sure if they snuck under our noses on these guys or we simply didn't want to resign them, but it seems like we've wasted a lot of development time on positions of need for nothing. 

23 minutes ago, Judd said:

I thought Mayonnaise was actually one of our best receiving prospects and expected him to take a big leap this year, kinda bummed about it.

Damn, liked both Mayo and Bennett, hurts to lose these guys to those losers.  Have to wonder why the Riders are scooping Mayo when that is probably the strongest position on their roster.  Perhaps they're expecting to lose Roosevelt through trade or F.A.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Damn, liked both Mayo and Bennett, hurts to lose these guys to those losers.  Have to wonder why the Riders are scooping Mayo when that is probably the strongest position on their roster.  Perhaps they're expecting to lose Roosevelt through trade or F.A.

Already extended him.

Here is who's left sitting on the PR for Sask. to swipe.

82 player-silhouette.png Duncan, Kieren WR I 5'10 180 23 Colorado State Pueblo
42 Chris-Greenwood-2-300x300.png Greenwood, Chris DB I 6'1 197 27 Albion College
29 Julian-Posey1-300x300.png Posey, Julian DB I 6'0 193 28 Ohio
91 Brandon-Tennant-2-300x300.png Tennant, Brandon DL N 6'2 305 25 Laval
36 Justin-Warden-300x300.png Warden, Justin DB N 6'2 200 26 Bishop's
Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

We have to watch those greasy bastages....They are scraping bottom so you just know that any player that moves, is going to be on their radar...I think this kid Bennett is going to be good for them....not as good as Franklin would be for us however ...Mayo looked promising and hate to see him go.

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

We have to watch those greasy bastages....They are scraping bottom so you just know that any player that moves, is going to be on their radar...I think this kid Bennett is going to be good for them....not as good as Franklin would be for us however ...Mayo looked promising and hate to see him go.

They're setting a fast pace to burn through more player next year then they did this year.

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I don't think I would go after Franklin; Nichols is the better deal ... he is more mature, gaining confidence and coming into his own. It was only injuries that slowed him down in Edmonton and his full talent is starting to show ... he will get much better in each of the two upcoming years ... so why even think about giving up a high first rounder for him? To see if Franklin can finally make it as a starter? he might .... he might not but there surely will be growing pains as he learns his trade.

I don't have the least interest in a worn out injury plagued QB like Darian Durant .... ditto for Ricky Ray ... but I would not mind seeing Burris here as much as some of you despise leaders with big egos ... he has proven to be perhaps the best QB in the league these last two years ... he might even get us that long awaited cup ... can you spell platoon?

But if he is not available I am just fine with Kevin Glenn ... the best backup in the league for many years .... and if  ever necessary he can play well enough to be called upon  to give us a shot at the cup ...

Dominic Davis is not our QB of the future or even worth additional time to be groomed for number two ... his time is up ...  Bennett has a better arm, probably better feet, youth and is well worth grooming to be a number two ....

... as for the other retreads around the league, I would only show interest if Glenn wasn't available .... they all have potential but its like slogging it out in the new product department - - long shots

So lets see what our number 1 and number 5 draft picks can do for us in two years when we might be going for back to back Grey Cups

The hold back on nichols wasnt injuries prior to this year. it was lack of yards and especially touch downs produced. 

How is durant worn out? Same int to td ratio as nichols in the same amount of games, less picks and more yards. With a horrible OL. 

Hank is a nut case, and lost his job for the first half of this year and when he came in the team looked worth then with harris.  Best qb in the league over the last two years? not even in the discussion.

Bennett and davis as passers are very similar, but bennett has shakey at best accuracy. Not losing any sleep if we did lose him.  

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The hold back on Nichols wasn't injuries prior to this year. it was lack of yards and especially touch downs produced. 

How is Durant worn out? Same int to td ratio as Nichols in the same amount of games, less picks and more yards. With a horrible OL. 

Hank is a nut case, and lost his job for the first half of this year and when he came in the team looked worth then with Harris.  Best qb in the league over the last two years? not even in the discussion.

Bennett and Davis as passers are very similar, but Bennett has shaky at best accuracy. Not losing any sleep if we did lose him.  

Put away the Ambien. Bennett is a goner with hardly a ripple.

I'm disappointed to lose Bennet... it sounds like he has all the tools to be a good CFL QB... and at only 25 he could certainly be in line to take over in 2-3 years (assuming he actually developed properly)... but I guess if they just let him walk then there must not be much there or they are confident that Nichols, Glenn, and Davis will be back as 1-2-3 next year... 

17 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Here is who's left sitting on the PR for Sask. to swipe.

82 player-silhouette.png Duncan, Kieren WR I 5'10 180 23 Colorado State Pueblo
42 Chris-Greenwood-2-300x300.png Greenwood, Chris DB I 6'1 197 27 Albion College
29 Julian-Posey1-300x300.png Posey, Julian DB I 6'0 193 28 Ohio
91 Brandon-Tennant-2-300x300.png Tennant, Brandon DL N 6'2 305 25 Laval
36 Justin-Warden-300x300.png Warden, Justin DB N 6'2 200 26 Bishop's

and who is sitting in houses in Regina not on their official list?