Buck Pierce traded for Akeem Foster

yogi

That cant be a serious tweet....lol

Adarius Bowman and Jabari Arthur both making plays for their respective teams tonight ...go figure?

In Kansas Manny Matsakis is grinning watching #Pitt run the jet sweep! Great success with it in the #CFL in 2009

I think he still has a bone to pick, or a chip on his shoulder. "Great success"? Yikes Mike, yikes.

I understand now.  My opinion is different than yours so its easy to dismiss my point because I am "hanging off Buck's nuts".  Thats how people without a point to make try to make points.  I'm not disputing the validity of Buck as a starter or not.  My point is that Buck did not harm the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  It's not a situation where we should be happy to rid ourselves of some terrible person who was maliciously harming the franchise.  If anything, mack was far more of a negative presence.  Buck showed up and did his job to the best of his ability and health.  Period.  He did nothing negative to the team.

I'd also argue strongly that Buono gladly took him because he recognizes that Buck has the ability to me an emergency fill in if needed.  Buono looks at the Bombers and likely puts more onus on a TERRIBLE O-line and TERRIBLE O.C. than he does in Buck's inability to play the QB position.  Buck was decent in 2011.  What changed in 2012 and this year?  Worse OC, worse Oline.  Upheavel.  etc.

This, whether anybody likes it or not, is the difference between a fan who knows what they are talking about about, and one who doesn't. Well said, well thought out. Great post.
#mustbejoking

yup, must be a joke if it doesn't match up with your slag buck pierce campaign eh?

I agree with unknown and mr.perfect.

buck have his all, did what he could with a shitty situation.. he is far from an elite WB but tried his damnedness to win here.. shame we never gave the tools to succeed.. Wally likes his experience and cfl knowledge im sure and he will be backup/OC assistant I imagine while he with bc

That cant be a serious tweet....lol

Adarius Bowman and Jabari Arthur both making plays for their respective teams tonight ...go figure?

In Kansas Manny Matsakis is grinning watching #Pitt run the jet sweep! Great success with it in the #CFL in 2009

How about that Lefors guy, Mike?  

I understand now.  My opinion is different than yours so its easy to dismiss my point because I am "hanging off Buck's nuts".  Thats how people without a point to make try to make points.  I'm not disputing the validity of Buck as a starter or not.  My point is that Buck did not harm the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  It's not a situation where we should be happy to rid ourselves of some terrible person who was maliciously harming the franchise.  If anything, mack was far more of a negative presence.  Buck showed up and did his job to the best of his ability and health.  Period.  He did nothing negative to the team.

I'd also argue strongly that Buono gladly took him because he recognizes that Buck has the ability to me an emergency fill in if needed.  Buono looks at the Bombers and likely puts more onus on a TERRIBLE O-line and TERRIBLE O.C. than he does in Buck's inability to play the QB position.  Buck was decent in 2011.  What changed in 2012 and this year?  Worse OC, worse Oline.  Upheavel.  etc.

This, whether anybody likes it or not, is the difference between a fan who knows what they are talking about about, and one who doesn't. Well said, well thought out. Great post.
#mustbejoking

Ironic considering you just hashtagged on a message board. You wouldn't know a clue, or class, for that matter, if either fell in your lap.

you are very wrong if you think PIerces presence wasn't harmful to the team, I've explained why, but you love you some pierce and it's preventing you from seeing things objectively. What's changed since 2011 for Pierce? Well several injuries, a couple more years on the body. It's really sad to see how far his game has fallen. It's not a case of the OC and the o-line being the big issue, the big problem is that PIerce was outperformed with those same hanidcaps by guys with much much much less experience. If a veteran can't clearly outperform guys getting their first starts then he is a problem. 

It's debatable when you present the statements : 

My point is that Buck did not harm the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

He did nothing negative to the team.

No, HE didn't harm the Bombers.

But i stronlgy disagree that HE wasn't a negative TO the team. There's a difference.

And the team, as a unit, could not move forward with Buck as our MAYBE QB.

As to his abilities, I just don't see them anymore.

Now is it possible, behind a solid unit with protection, that he'll flourish? I still doubt it.

But I'll tell you what, this franchise seems better already...and that says a lot .

I'm not a Buck supporter, so understand where this comes from.  I have to agree with certain points that were made.  Pierce did not harm this team, not purposefully anyway (kind of like what Mr. Dee said above).  He did not force his way onto this team and force them to make him the starter.  If you want to be mad at someone or say "good riddance" at least aim it at the correct person.  Joe Mack.  He brought Buck here.  He probably (speculating considering what's happened) made Burke and LaPo start Buck over anyone else and because he signed Buck to the contract and paid him "big bucks" to come here and play, he pushed them to start him and refused to bring anyone else here to take his spot.  That's my theory anyway.  Had he allowed them to start any other less experienced QB's over Buck, Mack would have looked like a fool for bringing him in.  Hence when Mack was booted, Buck stopped being starter and started having all of these magical "injuries" that he all of a sudden had that no one would reveal.

So if you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Mack for bringing him here.  He made Buck starter, and Buck tried his hardest, even if his hardest wasn't that great.  He wasn't a bad guy, and quite often he was the "face" of the Bombers during his time here, and he was pretty good at that part.  When you say good riddance to someone like that, you make it sound like it was his fault he was here or that he was some kind of a prick.  If you were in the same situation and they offered you the starting position, AS IF you're going to say "oh no...no I'm not good enough".  No one does that.

I'm glad he's not our QB anymore, but I still say good luck to him in his future endeavors.  And that's not sugar coating it, that's just being a decent human being.

Oh please.  I don't think anyone here is saying Buck Pierce harmed the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  His presence on our roster though harmed the team in not being able to move forward as an organization, because our coach and previous GM were inclined to use him, because they were fighting for their jobs, and would rather go to battle with a veteran who has won before, than a rookie who hasn't.

Good person with a lot of willpower, in a bad body, in a really bad situation not of his making.  And our new regime to their credit are looking to the future without a noose hanging over their heads, and are making moves for our future.  Buck was collateral damage.  I wouldn't wish his situation on anybody. 

Actually that is exactly what was said, that Buck harmed the team.  If the poster is unable to clearly express his point then he should stop trying.

No one said Buck would flourish in BC but looking at this logically we can choose one of the following options to explain Buck's decline:

a) Buck suddenly woke up and forgot how to play the position

B) Buck came to camp in 2012 following a successful 2011 and found an awful OC and a terrible O-line that never got better.  Four other QB's played equally as bad or worse under the same conditions.  The HC, OC, CEO, GM were all fired.

I'm not trying to argue that Buck is a great QB.  Nor am I trying to argue that Buck should be starting here or anywhere.  But Buck did nothing to hurt the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  And I'd certainly argue that his mere presence did not harm the Winnipeg Blue Bombers or stunt the development of the QB position.  Other teams seem able to develop their number 2 and number 3 QB positions behind their starter.  It's ludicrous to suggest that Buck had to go before we could begin to find his replacement.  That is complete lunacy.  The inability of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to develop QB's behind the starter, develop a future starter or bring in a bonafide starter had nothing to do with Buck other than the General Manager mistakenly feeling Buck could have success here under these circumstances and that the guys he brought in at #2 & #3 *were* developing.

Having said all that, great trade for us.  Good opportunity for Buck to move on.  But it does nothing to answer the QB position issue of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  We still don't have a legitimate starting QB and none of our back-ups have yet shown any sign that they could be the guy.

Just watching the Buck Pierce press conference.  Now I await the Akeem Foster press conference.  First question - "being you were a BC Lion, have you ever talked to any sports media ever".  Actually, I look forward to his look of bewilderment when the media greets him at the airport.  "You guys know I'm a football player in the CFL right?  You guys came to the airport to talk to me?  What?"

Man does Buck look sad.  I think he genuinely hoped that he could play a few more years and retire a Blue Bomber.  It's too bad he took so many shots to the noggin.  He's never been right since he was blown up by Craig Butler in the 2011 Banjo Bowl.  Anyway, I wish him all the best in BC.  Hopefully the Lions can win one more Cup with Buck on board.  Lulay could use a vet around to kick him in the ass, he's been horribly inconsistent this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuYLBLZn-E

In 2011, would you have taken Buck over A.C.? Burris? Ray? Lulay? Durant? Glenn? So he was what 7th out of 8 Starting QBs? Is that really successful? Would we have won the Grey Cup with another QB? Quite Possible.

How does Buck do behind BC's line? Lulay has had some issues this year and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Just watching the Buck Pierce press conference.  Now I await the Akeem Foster press conference.  First question - "being you were a BC Lion, have you ever talked to any sports media ever".  Actually, I look forward to his look of bewilderment when the media greets him at the airport.  "You guys know I'm a football player in the CFL right?  You guys came to the airport to talk to me?  What?"

Funny!

If Foster is going to draw into the starting line up, who sits? Etienne or Kohlert? I like them both and don't think either one should be on the bench.

If we can lock up Foster, Etienne and Kohlert in the off season(aren't they all due to become free agents?) I could see us moving Cory Watson.

Woodson going to Toronto frees up a spot for Foster nicely. 

So who initiated this trade?  When tlaking to Buono on the radio yesterday it seemed that Wally contacted Walters.  I'm glad the deal is done but just curious.

Would think that this goes back to the whole thing when Walters first took over and said he contacted every team and basically put up the open for business sign. During those talks Wally probably got some kind of indication about what types of deals Walters was looking to make or would be willing to make so he went ahead and acted on it.