Buck Pierce traded for Akeem Foster

yogi

I do love how a win and this trade improves morale in here completely. The eight losses have melted away.

No, not really. We're just enjoying the win... for a change. And beating the Riders, of course. Anyone checked  out Riderfans to see if it has imploded? ;)

Before the game they were gloating how some Prider buried a Rider banner somewhere at IGF. How'd that work out  for them? Their fanbase is really made up  of a huge percentage of  morons.

For real, I was happy after the win.....

But I am ecstatic after the trade.  The media is going to be peeing themselves in happiness over all the positives to write about.

.... until it comes to light that Goltz's knee injury is far far worse than any of us suspected  (just a prediction).

I was all for Buck in year one, marvelled at his fearlessness, willingness to take a hit to make a play..... but that excitement went away as the injuries ramped up, and the production went down.  Who knows, the move to BC behind a better OLine might re-ignite his career.

Best of luck Buck in the future.

I hope BC traded for that god awful Danny's Whole Hog franchise too.

Off topic but does Buck have an invested interest in Danny's Whole Hog? Or are they just partners in a restaurant?

Danny and Bucks restaurant which is the old Hus on first. I went once and thought it was great. Definitely better then Woody's and Famous Dave's. No idea why the hate?

I love Danny and Bucks - the ribs are awesome.  Not sure about why the hate either - maybe Mike's a vegan?  Muslim?  Just plain weird.  Also - not sure why Wally made this trade.  This essentially works out to us getting Akeem Foster for nothing, given we got Buck as a free agent.  I don't get it. But I've like Foster from the first time I saw him play.  Now it's time for act two - we're going to be trading away one of our NI receivers, maybe even two.  But I am thinking Walters and Miller already know who they want, and what the price is, so this was just Act one of a two act play.

But I am ecstatic after the trade.  The media is going to be peeing themselves in happiness over all the positives to write about.

.... until it comes to light that Goltz's knee injury is far far worse than any of us suspected  (just a prediction).

I was all for Buck in year one, marvelled at his fearlessness, willingness to take a hit to make a play..... but that excitement went away as the injuries ramped up, and the production went down.  Who knows, the move to BC behind a better OLine might re-ignite his career.

Goltz said in the post game interview on CJOB that he was fine, and the knee thing was just a "scare", whatever the hell that means. 

BC's Oline is not that good also, see how many times Lulay getting rushed?

Looked at from Wally's point of view, he has to believe that just having Buck around will help Lulay since there is no way Buck is going to see the field. I like that we got something back but Wally is out to help Wally and he must feel this makes the Lions a better football team.

Why the hurry to trade away a NI receiver? Unless offered a quality NI o-lineman or QB we want I would keep them all and wait until we see how free agency/Ottawa draft shakes out.

Looked at from Wally's point of view, he has to believe that just having Buck around will help Lulay since there is no way Buck is going to see the field. I like that we got something back but Wally is out to help Wally and he must feel this makes the Lions a better football team.

Why the hurry to trade away a NI receiver? Unless offered a quality NI o-lineman or QB we want I would keep them all and wait until we see how free agency/Ottawa draft shakes out.

Its possible they didn't think they would be able to protect him and lose him in the expansion draft next year.  Making the trade gives them an experienced backup and presence in the locker room for an asset they could have lost.

I have nothing against Buck Pierce the person. Hopefully things work out for him in his personal and professional life after football.

But I HATE Pierce the QB. I am more excited about this move than the win. This team kept wanting to ride the Pierce roller coaster so much and all it did was make everyone vomit. This move is one that puts the franchise on the right rebuild track.

I have nothing against Buck Pierce the person. Hopefully things work out for him in his personal and professional life after football.

But I HATE Pierce the QB. I am more excited about this move than the win. This team kept wanting to ride the Pierce roller coaster so much and all it did was make everyone vomit. This move is one that puts the franchise on the right rebuild track.

They had to get rid of him in order to look ahead. Best move possible.