Buck Pierce traded for Akeem Foster

yogi

Buck has done more harm than good?  Come on.  So Buck was supposed to, what, demand that the team trade him, cut him, retire him?  He hasn't done anything to the team.  The team makes decisions.  Mack made the decison to disregard Burke's desire to sign Glenn, not Buck.  I realise the vocal majority "hates" Buck but to pin the failing of the franchise on a guy who's crime is he wanted to play is ludicrous.  When asked about the trade, he was exceptionally gracious.  I just think it would be nice if the fans could be half as gracious.

As much as I respect Buck, I agree this is a great trade and a move that had to happen.  No reason to bury the guy on his way out just because he wanted, more than anything, to play and win for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

And trading Buck does nothing to help the QB problem that exists here other than maybe saving money and removing the desire of the coach's to "want" to go with the veteran in time of turmoil.  We have no experience, no talent at the QB position right now.  And I can only assume (or hope) that Walters is working on a trade for a QB.

Buck has done more harm than good?  Come on.  So Buck was supposed to, what, demand that the team trade him, cut him, retire him?  He hasn't done anything to the team.  The team makes decisions.  Mack made the decison to disregard Burke's desire to sign Glenn, not Buck.  I realise the vocal majority "hates" Buck but to pin the failing of the franchise on a guy who's crime is he wanted to play is ludicrous.  When asked about the trade, he was exceptionally gracious.  I just think it would be nice if the fans could be half as gracious.

As much as I respect Buck, I agree this is a great trade and a move that had to happen.  No reason to bury the guy on his way out just because he wanted, more than anything, to play and win for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I don't think anyone hates Buck.  You have to admire the guy's will and warrior mentality.  He is just no longer able to be a starting QB.  And for this organization to move on, he had to go.  People are happy that we are now moving on.

Professional sports sucks sometimes.

I agree with. But there are people that have had some very disrespectful and "unclassy" things to say about Buck on the way out. I think people forget that while this is a business, it involves human beings.

I haven't seen anything unclassy about Buck himself, only about his play on the field, which has not been good.

If you are in pro sports, then that kind of criticism is valid.

I agree with. But there are people that have had some very disrespectful and "unclassy" things to say about Buck on the way out. I think people forget that while this is a business, it involves human beings.

I haven't seen anything unclassy about Buck himself, only about his play on the field, which has not been good.

No no, nothing unclassy at all.

Couldn't be happier to See Buck go.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Buck.

So one post from one poster deserves criticism of the posters "in general".  

Sometimes you need to look at the source to decide if you need to lend credence and weight to what is posted.

yeah and that's why a bunch of people were fired. Doesn't mean Pierce was playing good at the position though, in fact just the opposite. He did more harm than good. Yeah it's not his fault they chose to keep him but that's really not the point. He held back the development of a new qb just by being here and being annointed the starter. 

Sometimes you need to look at the source to decide if you need to lend credence and weight to what is posted.

Who you allow to post here reflects on you and the entire community here.

Oh any intelligent fan is just as happy as i am, only difference is im not going to sugar coat my true feelings with politically correct garbage. I dont know buck on a personal level and i wont pretend to care to. All i know is he held back my team for far too long.

Act like a child all you want, just don't be surprised when people call you out on it.

Who you allow to post here reflects on you and the entire community here.

I don't really want to de-rail this thread, so if you would like to continue the discussion in PMs or another thread, would be happy to.

First, I don't really want to limit anyone to post here.  As a general rule, we don't want to overly moderate this site and control what opinions people should have.   The post probably should have been deleted or edited.    We missed it.  But if you see a questionable post such as that, it is best and I would ask anyone to report it so it can be dealt with appropriately.

To Smokinlue, I will apologize for call you out publically.  Shouldn't have done it.

I love how SmokinBlue qualifies his post with the caveat that if anyone disagrees with him they are unintelligent.  You are smokin something, but it aint blue.

Buck did not do harm.  Im not sure what you fail to understand about that.  He did not do anything to the team.  He showed up, played hard when he could.  The GM and coach's make the decisions.  I'd also take exception to your point that Buck somehow held back the development of the QB position just by being here.  I assume that means BC's QB development is now being held back?  That's ludicrous.  I think I know waht you're trying to say, you just lack the ability to express your point with the common sense needed to get the point across.

If any of our QB's behind Buck had gone on to have success, I could at least agree that we were in a holding pattern hoping for the good Buck to re-bound.  But brink & Elliott arent even playing right now and Goltz has looked like anything but the answer.  You can argue that moving away from Buck last season would have sped up the process of finding a new starter, but again, thats not Buck doing harm to the team.  That's a decision made by the General Manager.

Tin Hat time....

Buono knows Walters is a bad GM and thinks by making a seemingly bad value trade pump up Walters value to the extent that he receives a contract, keeping the hapless Bombers basement dwellers for even longer...

ZZZ - Sounds to me like BC wanted someone with experience just in case something happened in the run-up to playoffs (it could be they don't like the development of whomever they have at third string).  They got rid of someone that they expected to lose in the expansion draft anyways.

Buck did not do harm.  Im not sure what you fail to understand about that.  He did not do anything to the team.  He showed up, played hard when he could.  The GM and coach's make the decisions.  I'd also take exception to your point that Buck somehow held back the development of the QB position just by being here.  I assume that means BC's QB development is now being held back?  That's ludicrous.  I think I know waht you're trying to say, you just lack the ability to express your point with the common sense needed to get the point across.

in BC he's not going to be annointed the starter, he's not going to be getting all the reps with the first stringers in practise and then getting hurt in the game while the young backups go in with inadequate preparation. I know you are hanging off Pierces nuts real hard, but his being here and being annointed the starter did do a lot of damage to the team. It held the offense back by preventing it from moving forward. Yeah no one ever said it was Pierces fault... but that doesn't change the facts that I'm damned happy to see him gone. This new management has realized the mistakes made in the past and are correcting it. Pierce was a mistake. Not the initial signing, but sticking with him for so long. It takes a very high level of delusion to not see this. 

ZZZ - Sounds to me like BC wanted someone with experience just in case something happened in the run-up to playoffs (it could be they don't like the development of whomever they have at third string).  They got rid of someone that they expected to lose in the expansion draft anyways.

Remember when I said that Wally wanted someone with some experience at third string who can come in and play just incase something happened to Lulay and Demarco couldn't handle it being so inexperienced? Yeah people mocked it, but maybe they'd like to retract those opinions now?  

Remember when I said that Wally wanted someone with some experience at third string who can come in and play just incase something happened to Lulay and Demarco couldn't handle it being so inexperienced? Yeah people mocked it, but maybe they'd like to retract those opinions now?  

That, of course, makes the assumption that he'll be the 3rd stringer in BC for the rest of the season. The logical conclusion to be drawn from this trade is that he'll be the #2 qb once he's up to speed with the playbook.

That, of course, makes the assumption that he'll be the 3rd stringer in BC for the rest of the season. The logical conclusion to be drawn from this trade is that he'll be the #2 qb once he's up to speed with the playbook.

is that really logical? I'd be very surprised if BC put Pierce ahead of the guy who's been number 2 all year. I'd expect they keep Demarco at #2 unless he struggles. Pierce seems much more like an insurance policy in case of Lulay getting hurt and their young guy being in over his head. If the Lions didn't have belief in Demarco at #2 they wouldn't have started the season with him there. 

is that really logical? I'd be very surprised if BC put Pierce ahead of the guy who's been number 2 all year. I'd expect they keep Demarco at #2 unless he struggles. Pierce seems much more like an insurance policy in case of Lulay getting hurt and their young guy being in over his head. If the Lions didn't have belief in Demarco at #2 they wouldn't have started the season with him there. 

Or they didn't have any better options available than to have a guy they only hoped was far enough along at backup...

I understand now.  My opinion is different than yours so its easy to dismiss my point because I am "hanging off Buck's nuts".  Thats how people without a point to make try to make points.  I'm not disputing the validity of Buck as a starter or not.  My point is that Buck did not harm the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  It's not a situation where we should be happy to rid ourselves of some terrible person who was maliciously harming the franchise.  If anything, mack was far more of a negative presence.  Buck showed up and did his job to the best of his ability and health.  Period.  He did nothing negative to the team.

I'd also argue strongly that Buono gladly took him because he recognizes that Buck has the ability to me an emergency fill in if needed.  Buono looks at the Bombers and likely puts more onus on a TERRIBLE O-line and TERRIBLE O.C. than he does in Buck's inability to play the QB position.  Buck was decent in 2011.  What changed in 2012 and this year?  Worse OC, worse Oline.  Upheavel.  etc.

I understand now.  My opinion is different than yours so its easy to dismiss my point because I am "hanging off Buck's nuts".  Thats how people without a point to make try to make points.  I'm not disputing the validity of Buck as a starter or not.  My point is that Buck did not harm the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  It's not a situation where we should be happy to rid ourselves of some terrible person who was maliciously harming the franchise.  If anything, mack was far more of a negative presence.  Buck showed up and did his job to the best of his ability and health.  Period.  He did nothing negative to the team.

I'd also argue strongly that Buono gladly took him because he recognizes that Buck has the ability to me an emergency fill in if needed.  Buono looks at the Bombers and likely puts more onus on a TERRIBLE O-line and TERRIBLE O.C. than he does in Buck's inability to play the QB position.  Buck was decent in 2011.  What changed in 2012 and this year?  Worse OC, worse Oline.  Upheavel.  etc.

This, whether anybody likes it or not, is the difference between a fan who knows what they are talking about about, and one who doesn't. Well said, well thought out. Great post.