Kyle Walters Press Conf.

Logan007

He was clearly disappointed that after 3 years this team still has not hosted a playoff game or won a playoff game. Year three, two golden opportunities, two epic failures.

For all the Mike O'Shea supporters, I found it interesting that when queried about MOS he said he would sit down with Mike and ask him where he wants to be. Why would he ask him that? Has Mike told Kyle he wants to leave or has Mike been approached by another team and Kyle knows about it? 

It also sounds like free agency is going to be wild again with all the free agents due to one-year contracts and restructured ones. Kyle will try to keep a core of players but it seems like with salary cap concerns a lot of players may not be here next year. Could be a very different team by then.

I wonder if we really blew a couple of golden opportunities this year. Might be tough putting together another team as good as this one was. That's why you have to win NOW and not next year or a few years down the road.

24 minutes ago, J5V said:

He was clearly disappointed that after 3 years this team still has not hosted a playoff game or won a playoff game. Year three, two golden opportunities, two epic failures.

For all the Mike O'Shea supporters, I found it interesting that when queried about MOS he said he would sit down with Mike and ask him where he wants to be. Why would he ask him that? Has Mike told Kyle he wants to leave or has Mike been approached by another team and Kyle knows about it? 

It also sounds like free agency is going to be wild again with all the free agents due to one-year contracts and restructured ones. Kyle will try to keep a core of players but it seems like with salary cap concerns a lot of players may not be here next year. Could be a very different team by then.

I wonder if we really blew a couple of golden opportunities this year. Might be tough putting together another team as good as this one was. That's why you have to win NOW and not next year or a few years down the road.

Okay we get it, you're not an O'Shea fan. This is when discussion reaches the point of uselessness. You've made up your mind and nothing anyone says is going to change it, so what are we even *discussing* at this point?

Does anyone know why O'Shea refused to say whether or not he was coming back? Has he been offered a job elsewhere? All Walters would say was that he wouldn't tell you guys (the media) either.

Edited by J5V

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Love listening to Walters pressers though. He's always upfront about what he knows and gives very interesting interviews l.

He is a passionate man...pretty cool to see. That guy wants to bring a GC to Winnipeg so badly...it's awesome.

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Because he doesn't have an agent and wants to, like with all other things, keep his cards close to his chest?

yeah pretty much what i got out of it. This is just how mos does business. Ive wondered what he would do if he was a FA here and TO had a HC opening. But after all the time he was given while the team struggled and finally having his team playing his way, making the play offs I dont see him leaving. 

56 minutes ago, J5V said:

Does anyone know why O'Shea refused to say whether or not he was coming back? Has he been offered a job elsewhere? All Walters would say was that he wouldn't tell you guys (the media) either.

Basic negotiation technique/etiquette from both sides. This is what every player, coach, and exec for every team in every professional league says when they're engaged in contact negotiations.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

You could tell that Walters, like many posters here, thought that field goal try was absolutely asinine.

You could tell that?

I listened to it twice, and I did not get that impression. His responses were all measured and honest. Are you sure you weren't listening with tainted ears?

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

You could tell that Walters, like many posters here, thought that field goal try was absolutely asinine.

You can tell that he thought the question was asinine that is all. He said flat out he trusts his coach and supports him making in game decisions. Walters said straight up he wants oshea back so he obviously believes in the man as head coach

5 hours ago, J5V said:

If O'Shea leaves then Walters will deal with it. Why worry about it? Mike is an adult & he can come & go as he chooses as his contract is expiring in the next few weeks. We know the Bombers want him back so it's not something the Bombers have done to slight him. If he chooses to go elsewhere it's his choice. I fail to see the angst you show about trying to somehow read between some blurred lines. I assume that if The Coach does leave then you'll be very happy. Then you look at a guy like Lawless. He hasn't tweeted a single thing that O'Shea is rumoured to be looking elsewhere or that a team wants him. He'd have heard something. I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't come back. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If O'Shea leaves then Walters will deal with it. Why worry about it? Mike is an adult & he can come & go as he chooses as his contract is expiring in the next few weeks. If he chooses to go elsewhere it's his choice. I fail to see the angst you show about trying to somehow read between some blurred lines. 

This is a discussion forum and with the presser today one of the topics discussed was the future of Mike O'Shea. Isn't that what we do here, discuss? Why does it make you and some others so uncomfortable?

I must have missed the memo on unbridled devotion to all things Mike O'Shea. :)

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

This is a discussion forum and with the presser today one of the topics discussed was the future of Mike O'Shea. Isn't that what we do here, discuss? Why does it make you and some others so uncomfortable?

I must have missed the memo on unbridled devotion to all things Mike O'Shea. :)

I was angry with the FG call as I believe it wasn't the right one. Some people agree & some don't saying that was the only call he could have made. I think had we gone on 3rd & 4 & made it we'd have won that game. That's my opinion for what it's worth. What's done is done. However you don't pile on him or fire him for that unless he had a long list of gaffes that cost us wins. He won 5 more games this year than in 2015 & we got into the semi final. You reward success. You don't punish it. He'll be back if he wants to be back. It'll be his choice. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Scott Milanovich is an experienced, Grey Cup winning head coach and former QB. He and Mike are human and have made mistakes. Yet, if I could swap them straight up, right now, I'd do it in a heartbeat and I believe my team would be better off for it. I'd love to fleece Toronto one more time.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

You could tell that?

I listened to it twice, and I did not get that impression. His responses were all measured and honest. Are you sure you weren't listening with tainted ears?

It was fairly obvious. He refused to specifically endorse that decision. 

Did you think that he was going to flat out say '' it was a horrible choice''? 

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

It was fairly obvious. He refused to specifically endorse that decision. 

Did you think that he was going to flat out say '' it was a horrible choice''? 

No he wouldn't, but as it looked to me, he simply wasn't going to respond because the decision was O'Shea's alone to make and Walters' feelings, one way or the other would be irrelevant and he wasn't going to take the bait.  In other words, "the stupid question receives the appropriate answer".  

19 minutes ago, J5V said:

Scott Milanovich is an experienced, Grey Cup winning head coach and former QB. He and Mike are human and have made mistakes. Yet, if I could swap them straight up, right now, I'd do it in a heartbeat and I believe my team would be better off for it. I'd love to fleece Toronto one more time.

Coaches are always smart when they have talent. When they don't their IQ seems to go down 20 points or however IQ is measured. Milanovich looked like a loser this year with the talent he had to work with. Looking frustrated & confused as to why things didn't work out on the field. Plus, he's the guy who thinks Drew Willy will become an elite CFL qb.