Special Birthday Congrats - Bob Irving

Mr Dee

8 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

But still better than Rod Pederson. :D  {hides behind a rock}

Unlike Roddy, Bob would never say we or us when talking about the team he covers. 

Happy B Day Bob, and I like the text option for questions into the coach's show by the way. (text your questions to 204-780-6868).

Edited by WinnipegGordo

Back in the days of black-outs (circa. early-mid 70's) it was common for many Bomber games to be un-televised both home and away.  Living outside the city it was fortunate if I could attend 3-4 home games per year.  Thus I spent a lot of time listening to Bob on CJOB and wish to thank him for every minute of it, he is the best. 

On 8/16/2016 at 1:45 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Back in the days of black-outs (circa. early-mid 70's) it was common for many Bomber games to be un-televised both home and away.  Living outside the city it was fortunate if I could attend 3-4 home games per year.  Thus I spent a lot of time listening to Bob on CJOB and wish to thank him for every minute of it, he is the best. 

that held true into the early 2ks for a ton of people. They used to black us out all the time despite being out side of the black out area. 

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wow when did Bob start doing Colour on top of PBP? Y'know the dude is such a pro he probably could pull it off... 

if you want to be pedantic about it, hes allways been half or more color guy telling anecdotes and stories as much as pbp. But since zalnasky left and ob was too cheap to bring any one on the road with him leaving random out of towners filling in hes been doing double duty. Hes allways been more of a vin scully type.