Official GDT: vs Ham 08/03/16 Game Day We All Play!

Noeller

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Another plus, we scored over 30 for the first time in like 4 games, so that streak is over. Oh and back to back wins, first time since 2014.

Exorcised a lot of ghosts last two weeks. Win in Edmonton, beat Mike Reilly, beat Hamilton at IGF, back to back wins, over 30+ points.

That gorilla on the back of the franchise got a little lighter.

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Another plus, we scored over 30 for the first time in like 4 games, so that streak is over. Oh and back to back wins, first time since 2014.

4 games? Try almost 40. I think this would have been the 40th game had they not scored more than 30.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sincere question: Any concern about the offence stalling in the second half? Or is that just protect-the-lead, don't-tuen-it-over play calling? 

I don't even think it is the play calling. It is human nature to let your foot off the gas (even if only subconsciously) with such a huge lead. It happens in every sport, at every level.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sincere question: Any concern about the offence stalling in the second half? Or is that just protect-the-lead, don't-tuen-it-over play calling? 

It bored me, but I understand it because you could pretty much tell they went into "get this game over with as soon as possible" mode.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't even think it is the play calling. It is human nature to let your foot off the gas (even if only subconsciously) with such a huge lead. It happens in every sport, at every level.

yeah, it wasn't ideal. But it's not uncommon. Especially for a team that is learning how to win. They still made the plays when they had to in the 4th to keep the clock rolling

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some concern, but not a lot because we were sitting on a lead in garbage time. A bigger question to me is why were Nichols and Harris still in the game late in the 4th quarter? An injury to either one could completely derail our season.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Some concern, but not a lot because we were sitting on a lead in garbage time. A bigger question to me is why were Nichols and Harris still in the game late in the 4th quarter? An injury to either one could completely derail our season.

I had the same concern late in the 3rd. Why have our best Qb and RB out there in garbage time? I didn't understand taking that risk.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

It bored me, but I understand it because you could pretty much tell they went into "get this game over with as soon as possible" mode.

I guess if Nichols connects on a couple more of the go routes to Adams we could be talking about how the offense kept going. Doesn't help when Bryant shoves a guy well after the play to put us in 2nd and long when we were trying to kill the clock either.

Not to discount the Bomber performance, but it was a little disconcerting to see the offense letting up in the second half  even though they were still playing all the starters. It would have been good to see Richards, Lochard and maybe even Davis or Bennett getting game reps in at least the last bit of the 4th quarter.

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Funny part was how quite it was leaving the game after it was over for it being a win. Was a awesome night at the park glad they got it last night.

I guess 1 AM on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning and an extra 2.5 hours of alcohol consumption can leave one speechless.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Im still thinking about that great ST call from MOS to have Derek Jones fake blocking, slide over and rush the punter for the block.

Perfectly executed!

MOS the special teams coordinator is no slouch. Once we let Tracey go, the performance on teams have been night and day different.

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Im still thinking about that great ST call from MOS to have Derek Jones fake blocking, slide over and rush the punter for the block.

Perfectly executed!

Absolutely. I was getting mad when he slide in cause the punt right before, the guy Jones and another where trying to block split them so easily off the line (Fogg made him miss thankfully) I thought it was stupid to leave him (ticat player) one on one out there....but then it worked out wonderfully!!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Matt Dunnigan put it well last night about having that Killer instinct. 

I was thinking about sportmanship and easing off when we were up 34-0 but as soon as Matthews threw the ball in the end zone and Fantuz kicked the ball in the stands, I knew right there, no feeling sorry for the opponents, play like it's 0-0. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Matt Dunnigan put it well last night about having that Killer instinct. 

I was thinking about sportmanship and easing off when we were up 34-0 but as soon as Matthews threw the ball in the end zone and Fantuz kicked the ball in the stands, I knew right there, no feeling sorry for the opponents, play like it's 0-0. 

Yeah I agree.

I remember when Don Matthews used to run it up on us and as much as I hated him for it, you are professionals. Don't want them to score? Stop them.

I can understand Fantuz was probably more frustrated than anything else and his frustrations manifested into the punt, but the backup QB who scores on the 1-YD sneak to bring the game to within 3 TD's? Check yo-self, son.