Week 3 (vs Ham...Now With Depth Chart)

Noeller

Finally they put together pretty close to a 60 minute game. I was please that they finally started working the crossing patterns and other passes that that got the ball out of Willy's hands quickly. Honestly? If they are giving you the short stuff then use it. 

That was much more the game I was expecting from the defence. Good pressure from the line. I was disappointed they gave up so much yardage later in the game but to be fair they shut them down when they needed to. And, hey, full points on the turnovers. 

I have to say I wasn't a big fan of signing Macho Harris but he has actually worked out quite well. I think our weak point is still the half backs. Legget had a great game.

Nice to see some fire and attitude out there. It has been a long time since I have seen both the O and D looking like they cared what happened out there. Hopefully, they will bring that attitude into Edmonton.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment.

Every time they showed a replay from the Bomber offense's perspective the Cats had amazing coverage on everyone.  If Willy had been going downfield tonight just for the sake of it he'd have in all likelihood been picked at some point and dramatically turned the game.

Hamilton's secondary was on their A game tonight and are still going to bed as losers.

Nice to be on the other side of that for a change...

Nice to see a win. I don't care how ugly it was.

Masoli fumbles 3 times and throws 2 ints. He was THE difference maker tonight and that's not to take anything away from the Bombers. Macho Harris' KO recovery was the play of the game for us, with a high five to Leggett's pick 6. Gotta say I was chewing my nails in the 4th after Willy's fumble, but it turned out nice again.

3 minutes ago, Y2C said:

Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment.

Every time they showed a replay from the Bomber offense's perspective the Cats had amazing coverage on everyone.  If Willy had been going downfield tonight just for the sake of it he'd have in all likelihood been picked at some point and dramatically turned the game.

Hamilton's secondary was on their A game tonight and are still going to bed as losers.

Nice to be on the other side of that for a change...

Yep you nailed it. They took what was available,

What a difference a win makes. This is closer to the Bomber team I was expecting this year. They've got plenty of things to work on still, but today there were a lot of positives as well.

Offense looked much better. Chipped away at the defense with high percentage throws for easy yards. I don't trust our OL that much and Hamilton's defense can bring pressure even against the best lines in the league - the short yardage gameplan was excellent. LaPo had been working on the WR sweeps all camp and they paid off today. Jace Davis continues to look good. I was never impressed with him in camp and he's proven me wrong so far. Andrew Harris was excellent on the short dump offs as well.

It was nice to see Leggett have a good game. I still think he's had less impact at LB than he did at safety and so it was nice for him to really show off today. Our DL was also really strong today. I had expected them to be a major strength of the defense and today they started playing up to that. Love having Adrian Hubbard opposite Westerman. I'd like to see him get more time over Green.

For the record I was fine with the short throws. It was working so you do what works. I'd just like to see Willy stretch the field a few more times a game. I think he had dressler on one but didn't pull the trigger. All good tho. Was fine. Those long drives with tons of plays ate up a lot of clock. 

So happy for the win as I thought Hamilton was gone to score for sure in the dying seconds .

willy really does have happy feet and needs to calm down, a lot.   Because when he did he was being pretty accurate. The dink and dunk stuff made him look better then he was, but hopefully this adds confidence to his game and he builds off it and settles down.  He missed smith for an easy TD that better 7 other ab would have nailed.

Not on many days you are going to see so many calls and turn overs go our way but I don't care :). Finally something to smile about.   I don't think we win many of those games with a better qb playing for the other team, but it's a huge improvement, effort wise, execution wise and the team was jacked up.   I can accept losses if we are trying and improving.   I can't handle games like the previous weeks. 

I swear the smith TD was a magic trick.  We had to watch that one over and over to make sure it didn't just appear tucked between his arm and body.

So when does x get fired ? :D

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

For all the great things Austin has done in hamilton he hasn't developed a qb. he had to sign Hank & then Collaros & has a bunch of losers that backed up both. It really showed tonight.

I don't know about that. Despite the turnovers I do think Masoli has vastly improved.

I actually thought Masoli looked decent. I thought the bombers O tho made the ticats D look average. I was expecting this pressure D in your face all game stuff but the short game played by the bombers kept the ticats D looking lost at times. I think we should have win by more tho. Gotta finish some of those long drives with tds. Hopefully that's next. 

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

So happy for the win as I thought Hamilton was gone to score for sure in the dying seconds .

willy really does have happy feet and needs to calm down, a lot.   Because when he did he was being pretty accurate. The dink and dunk stuff made him look better then he was, but hopefully this adds confidence to his game and he builds off it and settles down.  He missed smith for an easy TD that better 7 other ab would have nailed.

Not on many days you are going to see so many calls and turn overs go our way but I don't care :). Finally something to smile about.   I don't think we win many of those games with a better qb playing for the other team, but it's a huge improvement, effort wise, execution wise and the team was jacked up.   I can accept losses if we are trying and improving.   I can't handle games like the previous weeks. 

I swear the smith TD was a magic trick.  We had to watch that one over and over to make sure it didn't just appear tucked between his arm and body.

So when does x get fired ? :D

Haha, it was the old double ball trick, Smith pulled that one out of his jersey and Willy shoved the real one down Goosen's pants.  Whatever it takes man, whatever it takes!

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Nah, not one of his qbs have shown they're nothing but stop gap players filling in for either Burris or Collaros.

Oh he is no Collaros for sure but he has taken steps in the right direction. 

Its not like Winnipeg has been cranking out starter QBs.

I certainly am not going to blame a team for going after a established player. It helps if you can but would you argue with being in Edmonton, Hamilton, or Ottawa's place? Or look at Montreal, they went out and got Glenn even though they have had a few guys very close to becoming legit starters. 

All Masoli has to do is clean up the turnovers .... Something Willy has had his issues with as well.

I was out at a charity golf tournament today, so I had the PVR set and managed to stay in blackout mode, so I played catch-up on the PVR, avoiding texts/BBMs/FB msgs from 17to85, Coorsman and a few others........man that's some kinda game. Leggett and the D were outstanding for the most part (I still don't understand why Tasker is allowed to sit on the 1st down marker with nobody around for miles on 2nd and long) and full marks for that win. Macho's kick recovery is incredible and I'm going to give credit to MOS as much as the players. Great call. I really think the offense is going to take a lot of time to figure out what Lapo is doing, so this was a little bit of progress (as noted earlier this week, all I really wanted to see). Jace Davis is going to be a beauty in this league for a long time, if he stays healthy.

And cap tip to TBurg for a nice post in this thread...maybe my favourite post of his ever.