keys to beating calgary.

wbbfan

Whats your top 3 things the bombers need to do to beat calgary? (aside from score more points :P )

Mine:

1) Win the time of possession battle.  

Early and often touches for Harris. Coverting on 2nd down, and stringing together firsts downs. 

2) Willy on his feet.  No smacking around of our willy.

A strong pocket, Willy to be confident and composed in the pocket. Having pressure release and using them. But not limiting the offense to dump passes short of the first down.

3) Aggression. 

Blitz, swarm and hit on D. Get pressure in the back field, Play aggressive cover and not just give up easy passes for first downs. Take shots down field. Pound the D with harris. 

Shologan and Cummings need big games...  ends need to contain BLM/Messam - interior of that line should be their weakness

Would love to see Hall stack the box a few times even though I know its not his style

Andrew Harris needs to carry our O.

40 minutes ago, do or die said:

1. Get out of the gate and actually do something early

2.  Willy finds form

3.  Establish Harris

4.  Amp up the pass rush

I wanna say when MTL was perennial contenders for the grey cup they had a ridiculously high rate of scoring on the first drive.  Its a big haul mark of successful offenses since they can script that drive soo much before the game.

I could see us having a blink esq record when harris gets 100 yards rushing. 

15 minutes ago, Chaosmonkey said:

I'm going to take a page from Milt, I think for the bombers to win, it will because of NOT - Non-Offensive Touchdowns. D or ST get a score or two, and I think that will help tip the scales in our favor.

Getting scores from places other then the O is a game changer. When you do that, like winning the turn over battle, you should expect to win.

Number 1 is get over this psychological bent that 'we never win there'...I don't know how many times I've heard,read or picked-up somewhere is that 'we might as well mail in the 2 points and stay home'...I hope none of the players read or pick-up on that crap and take it to heart...The stumps are a very beatable club...Just get in there and do it...We have the talent and looking at their lineup for tomorrow shouldn't scare anyone.

Edited by Stickem
missed word

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

All we need is for Drew to play better.

really? cus the als should have had close to 50 points. Our D got lucky and not every game will randle save multiple touchdowns single handed. Bruce johnson had the worst game of any one in blue in week 1. 

1. Make them believe that you are a crazy, angry, violent psychopath that can't wait to come unhinged. Death threats are good for this.

2. Initiate, don't retaliate. Smack them in the mouth first and ramp it up play by play. 

3. Repeat #1 and #2 for 4 quarters.

angry-eyes.gif

1. Get the ball to Harris early and often. He wants to put this team on his shoulders. We should encourage it.

2. Attack BLM. We've got the D line to do it and they don't have a great O line to stop it. Every QB will make mistakes if you hit and hurry them enough. 

3. Get the entire team ready an hour earlier. Hopefully it will mean they are ready to play from the start of the game instead of the start of the 4th quarter.

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

really? cus the als should have had close to 50 points. Our D got lucky and not every game will randle save multiple touchdowns single handed. Bruce johnson had the worst game of any one in blue in week 1. 

By that same logic... the Bombers should have scored Multiple touch downs if those balls weren't over thrown.

We could have kept a drive alive if Drew didn't bobble the snap...

We lost by 8 points that is the bottom line. You can't give them the "what if" scenario and not apply it to us. Apply the same logic to both, don't cherry-pick.

I honest think that if Drew had a better game- we would have easily won that game. Dude just needs some time to become "unbroken"- let's be patient with him.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

By that same logic... the Bombers should have scored Multiple touch downs if those balls weren't over thrown.

We could have kept a drive alive if Drew didn't bobble the snap...

We lost by 8 points that is the bottom line. You can't give them the "what if" scenario and not apply it to us. Apply the same logic to both, don't cherry-pick.

one pass in the end zone through the hands and one over the middle that may go for a score. That wouldnt make up a 50 point score. Lol your cherry picking willy. Thats mtl, this is calgary. If you think the exact same effort and better play by willy alone gets us a win your in for a rude awakening. 

45 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

one pass in the end zone through the hands and one over the middle that may go for a score. That wouldnt make up a 50 point score. Lol your cherry picking willy. Thats mtl, this is calgary. If you think the exact same effort and better play by willy alone gets us a win your in for a rude awakening. 

Holy **** dude- Chill. The. ****. Out. 

The bolded was to show you how silly your "If Mtl had done X- the score would have a billion" argument was. I don't play the "if blah blah" game- the result IS the result. What actually happened in the game stands- some would call that history, reality or what not. 

As for me saying that :

All we need is for Drew to play better.

I stand by it. 

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Holy **** dude- Chill. The. ****. Out. 

The bolded was to show you how silly your "If Mtl had done X- the score would have a billion" argument was. I don't play the "if blah blah" game- the result IS the result. What actually happened in the game stands- some would call that history, reality or what not. 

As for me saying that :

I stand by it. 

the result isnt evident in the score. Especially in last weeks case. 

Was it willy who couldnt get any push on short yardage? Or dropping passes? Or getting no pass rush? Or getting beat in coverage constantly?

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair, there was the drop by Smith you mentioned, then the over throw to Smith down the middle where he had beat everyone that would have been a TD and another over throw by Willy to Smith on a corner route that certainly had the potential to be a TD, and another miss opportunity to Adams down the sideline that would have been 6. Soooo there was more than the one dropped ball. There was plenty of opportunities that they missed.