Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

In the comment of the week category -

You don't want to go long before getting that first win," said head coach Scott Milanovich. "Winning is a habit and losing can be a habit as well. The longer it takes the longer it is to get one.
"I can't explain the feeling when you lose a football game. For a week, longer, it tears apart the locker room. It's good to get that off your chest, a new team with a lot of new players and coaches.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's absolutely a cop out excuse, especially in that game. Even with a lopsided TOP a D doesn't get gassed by the 2nd quarter. The D was just flat out bad all on their own. There was one drive where the Stamps started under their own goal posts and marched for a touchdown. Think it was right after half too. No tired excuses there, just flat out terrible play by the unit. 

You're right about this, just re-watched the game and the D played some of their worst football right at the start of the second half.  Should have had plenty of rest and motivation coming out of the locker room but showed nothing.  O'Shea went into the locker room mad, apparently they shared cookies and milk and had a nap.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Montreal Alouettes #als WR Duron Carter suspended by #cfl for 1 game for bumping #redblacks HC Rick Campbell, Campbell fined undisclosed amt

Carter fined by the team. Suspended 1 game by the league.

Campbell fined by the league.

Gavins fined by the league.

http://www.tsn.ca/als-carter-suspended-one-game-1.520950

most that deserved discipline, received it. Quantum of discipline might be open for debate, but at least action against participants was taken. Notwithstanding Carters concussion he received in the play, evidenced by his amnesia of the event but not used as an excuse yet, and the behaviour of Ottawa players during the incident this should be the end of the debacle.

8 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Carter fined by the team. Suspended 1 game by the league.

Campbell fined by the league.

Gavins fined by the league.

http://www.tsn.ca/als-carter-suspended-one-game-1.520950

most that deserved discipline, received it. Quantum of discipline might be open for debate, but at least action against participants was taken. Notwithstanding Carters concussion he received in the play, evidenced by his amnesia of the event but not used as an excuse yet, and the behaviour of Ottawa players during the incident this should be the end of the debacle.

I am so looking forward to the rematch!

People are bitching about the laxity of the Carter suspension. Perhaps we need to know what is " allowable" based on the CBA before we decide. There is no point in issuing a suspension that upon independent arbitration might then be reduced or thrown out entirely. While I don't condone Carter's action I am guessing Campbell may have been fined for being on the field of play. 

15 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Just a question to get what others think of this... 

Should the Bombers consider trading for Burris ? 

No, for several reasons.

1 - We would have to release Willy and I don't think they're ready to do that.

2- Why trade for him when we could pick him up cheaper (salary) when he's released?

3- He's injured. When will he be ready?

4- Smacks of desperation from Walters. Only if he thinks he's about to be fired does he propose this.

5- If we do a trade, Ottawa will expect something in return of value. What do we have that they want (that we can afford to give)?

20 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Montreal Alouettes #als WR Duron Carter suspended by #cfl for 1 game for bumping #redblacks HC Rick Campbell, Campbell fined undisclosed amt

I have no problem with the Carter 1 game suspension.  It's really more like a 2 game suspension as he was DQ'd fairly early in the game.   I understand why they fined Campbell.  But  if they're fining him because he went on the field. Then I expect that the refs to  penalize every coach who walks on the field after the play is whistled dead.     

The CFL needs to come clean on the reason behind the Campbell fine.