Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

Why is it Jones is having so many problems with players? This past offseason & pre season has been a continuos soap opera. He better start winning because a lot of players will say no thanks to the Riders during free agency because he's developing a bad reputation of screwing guys over. The only way free agents will go there is if they think they'll win a Grey Cup.

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Why is it Jones is having so many problems with players? This past offseason & pre season has been a continuos soap opera. He better start winning because a lot of players will say no thanks to the Riders during free agency because he's developing a bad reputation of screwing guys over. The only way free agents will go there is if they think they'll win a Grey Cup.

^^^^^ Well said. I feel this man has bought himself one big heap of hurt. Could there be any  truth to the rumour he wants to flip Durant to free safety and replace him with Jordan Reaves ?

1 minute ago, LeBird said:

^^^^^ Well said. I feel this man has bought himself one big heap of hurt. Could there be any  truth to the rumour he wants to flip Durant to free safety and replace him with Jordan Reaves ?

LOL!! That might be a stretch to play Durant at safety. Maybe fullback, ;)

31 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Because Jones has an ego the size of New York city that's why. I think Jones is a guy who needs to work for someone who can reign him in, however, left to his own devices he becomes his own worst enemy, Much like Mike Kelly.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

....Yeah.... a tank with one bad tread....He did look sharp part of the time last night but the long season is going to takes it's toll.

I was happy with what I saw from Durant last night. Bit of rust. Dished up a couple juicy pick-6"s that were dropped. I'm sure he would like those ones back. All and all, good first game for him. Look at this way, DD wasn't the reason we lost.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I was happy with what I saw from Durant last night. Bit of rust. Dished up a couple juicy pick-6"s that were dropped. I'm sure he would like those ones back. All and all, good first game for him. Look at this way, DD wasn't the reason we lost.

Yea actually considering the turnover of players and rust on DD it wasn't that bad of a game from Sask. I see a little of the way Austin turned Hammy around. The key will be keeping DD healthy and time to find the right players for a Jones defense.

On 6/24/2016 at 2:22 PM, Stickem said:

Jump it Jones....if he doesn't ..lol ...when Durant goes down they'll have nothing that resembles a qb. in 16'...  I think it's the only deal that'll be acceptable to the banjo pickers and grinners...Steep ..yes, but the only way to go for a team boxed into a corner. Pull the trigger Jonesie...

Just an FYI

No matter what Troy Westwood said years ago. The Banjo bowl is held in Winnipeg. Therefore the Country looks at Winnipeg as being the Banjo pickers. 

19 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This rumour is refusing to die.

Per sources, #Riders DE Shawn Lemon has officially requested a trade. Stampeders have interest. #CFL

Lemon is disgruntled at the amount of playing time he is getting. Figures he should be playing more than any of the other D-ends. Truthfully he was beat out at training camp for the #1 spot on his side. He still rotates in and plays as much as any of the other guys. Like Jones said... I coach a team, not personality's! Plus there is no way of knowing how much playing time Lemon will get on the team he's traded too. Calgary is interested in making a trade

Anyone know what is up with Henoc?

I'm a big Wild fan, but I'm not blind to the fact that he struggled against Messam (not the only one who did). With him and Steele being in the West, I'd like to think we have someone who can take on the power backs. But after CGY, I'm not sure we do.