Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

Just now, Mike said:

Before we get all up in arms, just keep in mind we do this too.

Every team brings in players to have a look at them. How many for how long? I don't know. Unless Mitchell has proof of anything he should be fined by the league for his comments.

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

Before we get all up in arms, just keep in mind we do this too.

The Bombers have kept injured players like Cole around while they healed up. But, there's no proof they were getting paid by the team.

Cole also didn't practice with the team while he wasn't on the roster. I wonder if Sears practiced in Regina when he wasn't on the team. I remember the Riders got fined a few years ago when they had a guy practicing with the team before they officially signed him.

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The Bombers have kept injured players like Cole around while they healed up. But, there's no proof they were getting paid by the team.

Cole also didn't practice with the team while he wasn't on the roster. I wonder if Sears practiced in Regina when he wasn't on the team. I remember the Riders got fined a few years ago when they had a guy practicing with the team before they officially signed him.

I was at practice today and I noticed that there were a number of Bombers on the 6 game list who were hanging around during the warm up period. But once practice started they were off the field. Look's like we're playing by the rules, unlike Jones.

The CFL is a small league with only 9 teams, so why in HELL can they not agree upon rules that work for all teams and enforce them strictly.  Everything from player and coach tampering, to unwritten rules about PR untouchables, IR's full of fake injuries and extra players hanging about seems to be accepted forms of cheating which makes the CFL look unprofessional.  If they want to carry 100 player rosters with 20 player PR's then agree upon it and do so.   if they want to continue to tamper then do so, but first put the reality into the rule book so it doesn't make the league look like it is run completely without ethics.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

52 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The CFL is a small league with only 9 teams, so why in HELL can they not agree upon rules that work for all teams and enforce them strictly.  Everything from player and coach tampering, to unwritten rules about PR untouchables, IR's full of fake injuries and extra players hanging about seems to be accepted forms of cheating which makes the CFL look unprofessional.  If they want to carry 100 player rosters with 20 player PR's then agree upon it and do so.   if they want to continue to tamper then do so, but first put the reality into the rule book so it doesn't make the league look like it is run completely without ethics.

I've said this very thing for years. Players are often put on IR's just to hide them. Players on PR's can be plucked off but teams have an unwritten rule not to do that. Expand the rosters if this kind of thing is going on.

5 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I've said this very thing for years. Players are often put on IR's just to hide them. Players on PR's can be plucked off but teams have an unwritten rule not to do that. Expand the rosters if this kind of thing is going on.

Boris Bede is a perfect example. He struggled, so they brought in a replacement and now he's "hurt" and on the IR.

The 6-game IR is a joke too if you can arbitrarily pull players on and off just to manipulate the salary cap.

7 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

It's not just practices. Are we really going to suggest Cole didn't sit in on team meetings and film studies while he was in town?

They'd be foolish to NOT have him do that.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It's not just practices. Are we really going to suggest Cole didn't sit in on team meetings and film studies while he was in town?

They'd be foolish to NOT have him do that.

We don't know if he did or not, but i assume they followed the rules unless otherwise proved.  Innocent until proven guilty etc. If you know for a fact that this is not the case, then state that?

:D

52 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

We don't know if he did or not, but i assume they followed the rules unless otherwise proved.  Innocent until proven guilty etc. If you know for a fact that this is not the case, then state that?

:D

Therein lies the problem, the league relies on self-enforcement and the "old boys network" ensures that the rules are constantly skirted.  If a GM chooses to follow the rules to the letter he puts himself at a competitive disadvantage.

49 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

wonder if it's as a QB or not

Jones probably told Bridge he's coming in as qb. prospect, then somehow he'll try to pull a Reaves/ Sinopoli on him...'What you say, I thought I was going to be the guy'....lol....Bridge should have listened more carefully to the Ottawa offer...I wouldn't trust corky as far as I could throw him..

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Investigate away. Lets also investigate the Bombers and other teams too, or does that not suit your agenda?

Well, okay. Let's expand on your comments. The Riders were just fined $15,000 for manipulating the ratio during a game. So, why wouldn't Jones hide players illegally? When was the last time any other CFL team has been fined like that? The Riders already have a track record of desperately cheating.

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Well, okay. Let's expand on your comments. The Riders were just fined $15,000 for manipulating the ratio during a game. So, why wouldn't Jones hide players illegally? When was the last time any other CFL team has been fined like that? The Riders already have a track record of desperately cheating.

What Ripper is getting at, is every team does what BLM is accusing the riders of. So if you want them investigated, it would need to extend to every team.