Final Cuts

Jpan85

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

he got that title as soon as he signed as far as I'm concerned.

Everybody criticizes fans (especially in the echo chamber internet age) for saying a player sucks when he plays for another team then flip flopping when he comes to their team. 

That's not the case here.  We all thought Macho sucked in Sask and now we think he sucks even worse.  I was really hoping for Patrick to win that spot. 

I think Macho is definitely destined to be this year's EJ Kuale. 

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think the best we can hope for Macho is that he doesn't suck ALL the time.

He will occasionally explode a ball carrier or make an interception. Remember Deon Beasley being mostly bad but occasionally awesome? Sometimes that's the best you can really hope for.

24 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

He will occasionally explode a ball carrier or make an interception. Remember Deon Beasley being mostly bad but occasionally awesome? Sometimes that's the best you can really hope for.

id say more terry ray but yeah. I hope it doesnt last the whole season. 

Someone said Bucknor makes too much $$$ to be a backup. I guess that means we are saddled with Hurl starting? Hurl was perhaps less exposed on plays than you think Bucknor was? Only because he had players closer to the play to help hide his poor tackling perhaps

4 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Someone said Bucknor makes too much $$$ to be a backup. I guess that means we are saddled with Hurl starting? Hurl was perhaps less exposed on plays than you think Bucknor was? Only because he had players closer to the play to help hide his poor tackling perhaps

hurl isnt cracking our starting lber core.

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

hurl isnt cracking our starting lber core.

I'm assuming we start 8 Nats for flexibility reasons again. 

5 Nats on offence. Westerman shologan and... 

We would need one other national on the defensive side of the ball. Rotation between Hurl, Briggs, Waggoner, D Jones, Loffler?

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

BC cut T-Dre Player, 2nd round pick in 2014, who started 9 games for them at right guard last year.

24 years old, born in Winnipeg ... is there any reason this kid doesn't immediately join the Bombers? This is exactly the stroke of luck we needed if we can bring him in.

How bad is this guy if he got cut? I'll admit I'm not farmilar with him, but it seems odd that a semi talented young Canadian Olinemen would get cut.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

BC cut T-Dre Player, 2nd round pick in 2014, who started 9 games for them at right guard last year.

24 years old, born in Winnipeg ... is there any reason this kid doesn't immediately join the Bombers? This is exactly the stroke of luck we needed if we can bring him in.

If Walters can bring TDre that will enable us to slowly develop Couture and send back Intzandt to school. 

24 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

How bad is this guy if he got cut? I'll admit I'm not farmilar with him, but it seems odd that a semi talented young Canadian Olinemen would get cut.

it's not that odd. Didn't the bombers cut sorenson (Spelling?) a few years back. He helped win a grey cup last year. I'm not saying he's a super star, but a change of scenery can be good. I'm thinking especially when coming home.

3rd year player, CND olineman, Walters would be foolish to not try.

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

They also cut a young receiver we should be looking at...TJ something or other...