Coach's Show

Here's the paraphrased version of the one hour OSH/Irving interview. You may find a few nuggets... if you squint.

The Offense

This team’s offense is coming together as fast as any he’s worked with. OSH credits the mini-camp for some of this early progress.

Playing time for QBs

Looking to play Willy enough to see what’s what. “If he looks sharp, then we will move down the line…It’s a matter of balance”.

OSH says he listens to all players as to the amount that they feel they need to play during the pre-season (?!?). He discusses his perspective vs. theirs when determining playing time. Keeping players healthy & fresh during training camp is paramount.

Injury update: Kyle Knox

Kyle Knox saw the Doctor and will need further tests. “I hope that he will bounce back quickly. He’s a great guy and athlete”.

Macho Harris

Macho very quickly has shown what he’s got; “he is a super likeable leader with tons of experience and is very versatile”. We see no problem in playing him where we need him. He’s a good compliment to Mo Leggett…possibly a good bet for Safety.

Randle & Bucknor

Randle needs to shake off the rust and “will get back to where he was”.

“Bucknor has had a very nice camp and worked his tail off during the off season”.

ACL Injuries & Anderson

Carlos Anderson was brought back. OSH did not divulge who made the first call, player or team, but in discussion with staff, OSH says they needed to work him out because he was so close to making the team last year. “Once he made some cuts in camp I wondered if he was wearing a brace and he wasn’t. He is a dynamic, dynamic player”.

Kick Returning

Carlos A, Veltung, and McDuffie are candidates along with Fred Williams (interesting!).

Feoli G. - “looks in great shape and is as sure handed as anyone in camp”. “I’d rather not have Dressler return kicks but I’ll put him in for spot duty”. Dressler has also been holding for Medlock.

Pascal Lochard

“He’s missed the last few days, but he makes his cut at a nice late point in pressing the run. He impressed us in interviews and is good on STs”.

Addison R

“His efforts are there and he’s improving steadily. I see very steady improvement. We weren’t sure he would be ready for camp. He says that this is the best he’s felt in years.”

The Hogs in General;

Chung & Goossen Specifically

“Very talented players and competition have been brought in to push the vets. Any woes that people talk about don’t rest on their shoulders”.

“Better now than they were their first day in camp this year. They’re both a pleasure to watch. Matthias is becoming a true centre that embraces the role.

“Sukh rolled out on a play today and was hauling it down the field… looking for someone to lay into. It was a pleasure to watch on film”..

“The OLine will be a big reason we will win games this year and are not our Achilles Heal”.

Import Receiver: Thomas Mayo

“He’s an explosive player that has become the most consistent in camp. It’s up to the games for them all to show what they can do, but they all have their moments”.

11 Days between Pre-Season and Regular Season

“I love it. It will allow the guys to come out flying for that first game”.

First Pro Game Jitters

“I remember taping my wrists so tight that my hands were purple. I know I must have been nervous until my first whack…It’s a great game”.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

so Harris is a lock... ugh.

What vets are Chungh and Goossen pushing? 

Sorry. Two topics.

The scouts brought in some very good OL recruits to push the vets, all in all the OL is not our biggest concern (according to Coach).

OSH was also gushing pretty good about Chung and Goose.

I get the concept that Macho was miscast last year and I'm willing to concede that maybe Richie can recreate Macho's 2014 performance. My only problem is he wasn't just bad last year, he was absolutely terrible. 

I'm willing to give him a chance, though. I don't have high expectations but hey, let's see him bring it.

11 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

“The OLine will be a big reason we will win games this year and are not our Achilles Heal”.

Out of everything he said... this is the one point that really hope turns out to me true...

Re: Macho Harris... I was never enthusiastic about this signing.... I generally tend to cede to the "experts" in player analysis... I just hope they're right and all us arm chair coaches gladly look stupid...

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I get the concept that Macho was miscast last year and I'm willing to concede that maybe Richie can recreate Macho's 2014 performance. My only problem is he wasn't just bad last year, he was absolutely terrible. 

I'm willing to give him a chance, though. I don't have high expectations but hey, let's see him bring it.

I think we are all holding our breath that macho isnt this years kuale.

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

Out of everything he said... this is the one point that really hope turns out to me true...

Re: Macho Harris... I was never enthusiastic about this signing.... I generally tend to cede to the "experts" in player analysis... I just hope they're right and all us arm chair coaches gladly look stupid...

Don't get your hopes up too high, O'Shea responded to Bob's Achilles heal question with a soft denial and his standard, "I don't look at it that way" answer.....so he may or may not recognize the O-lines performance as a problem but he sure isn't going to acknowledge that it was.

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He'll never throw his players under the bus in public and it's possibly his best trait as a HC. 

and that's how it should be. Give em **** when they need it in private and don't make them worry about having to read it in the paper or hear it on the radio. Most people prefer that when there are problems they are brought to them in person. 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

And for those wondering, he ABSOLUTELY will tear a strip off players if they deserve it. Behind closed doors.

I know of at least one player he tore into last year. Deservingly so.

Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

If you'd care to share that inside information, I'll clear the path of any RR spies lurking in the shadows.

Sooooooieee!!!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If you'd care to share that inside information, I'll clear the path of any RR spies lurking in the shadows.

Sooooooieee!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm...that "soooieee" call will attract them-and their women,

Edited by tracker