Coach's Show

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

I can't tell you anyth

OMG! OMG!

Edit:  Geeze, you scared me for a minute there.  I figured Wade snuck up behind you and shoveled your face through the monitor before you could finish your message.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Sorry. Two topics.

The scouts brought in some very good OL recruits to push the vets, all in all the OL is not our biggest concern (according to Coach).

OSH was also gushing pretty good about Chung and Goose.

Everybody's biggest concern is Neufeld & how many games he plays.

11 hours ago, johnzo said:

Yup.  Build up in public, tear down in private.  Best way to do it.

Just wondering how does Pete Carroll handle things with the Seahawks? With those big contracts & huge egos can Carroll even yell at them without running to their agents demanding a trade?

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I can't tell you anything specific but let's just say his name rhymes with Wemond Tashington. 

Did it happen after that game in BC that TSN happened to be replaying last night? Good lord did that guy have a rough game against Arceneaux. 

35 minutes ago, tracker said:

If you watch the NFL, you have a taste for spectacle and tolerate boredom well.

No, I'd be watching the best players in the world. I love the CFL but I don't have blinkers on & only like Canadian football. I like the NFL as well. Matter of fact, I like it a lot. People want to pump the flag well more power to them but football is football to me. I don't care about the rule differenced between them.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I think the NFL's great (even though it's tiresome to watch it jerk itself off) and I love watching Hawks games with my friends here, it's just that I grew up on Clements, Reaves, Murphy, Jones, Battle, etc, in royal blue and so that's where my heart is.

I'd gladly trade the Hawks super bowl win for a Bombers grey cup win.

(And also I know nothing about locker-room culture in any league, so I got no inside information on how Pete Carroll manages his stars.)

Edited by johnzo

53 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

No, I'd be watching the best players in the world. I love the CFL but I don't have blinkers on & only like Canadian football. I like the NFL as well. Matter of fact, I like it a lot. People want to pump the flag well more power to them but football is football to me. I don't care about the rule differenced between them.

Agreed.

Watching soccer live is like watching baseball live, it's a social game, you go to hang out with people and have a blast and maybe something exciting happens occasionally.  Baseball is better tho because it's played during the nice weather season here.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

If I'm going to a live sporting event -- any event -- I'm there to watch the game, period....

I'm with you, I made the mistake of taking a "chatty Cathy" to a game once who couldn't bare silence for 10 seconds, I got so annoyed with her inane blather I told her to shut her pie-hole until we got back to the car.  Funny,...I didn't see her much after that.

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm with you, I made the mistake of taking a "chatty Cathy" to a game once who couldn't bare silence for 10 seconds, I got so annoyed with her inane blather I told her to shut her pie-hole until we got back to the car.  Funny,...I didn't see her much after that.

those are the worst people on the planet....my gf has been trained from Day 1 and learned VERY quickly.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

You could not pay me enough to sit through an entire NFL game. I would be more likely to sit through a soccer game, if it featured a Team Canada of some sort...

Well, that's you, not me & millions of other fans. Soccer sucks. There are NFL fans in Canada who vow that the CFL is a bush league & wouldn't spend a second watching a CFL game let alone attending one. I love the CFL. I love the NFL. I love football.

Edited by iso_55

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

If I'm going to a live sporting event -- any event -- I'm there to watch the game, period....

Oh yeah, if I'm at a hockey or a football game, I'm not there to socialize, I'm there for the game.

Baseball and soccer have a different vibe for me tho.