LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect is bang on. Lapolice was given far too much credit for a Worman offense after we fired him because we had a petulant running back at the time. Evidence of his success was in fact in his offense's failure to either maintain or improve on the previous year's results. Just listening to him now on CJOB and he now says he has learned from watching and analyzing on TV etc. While I am not a fan, but do agree that he should have learned something in the past 3 years, we will see if he has learned and if he has can he put it to use on the field. Can he communicate to his players, can he develop an offense that uses the strengths and minimizes the weaknesses of its parts, can he garner the confidence of those in the system, can he adjust as required and in the end can he be successful. You can't put a square peg in a round hole so let's see what happens.

Mr. Perfect is bang on. Lapolice was given far too much credit for a Worman offense after we fired him because we had a petulant running back at the time. Evidence of his success was in fact in his offense's failure to either maintain or improve on the previous year's results. Just listening to him now on CJOB and he now says he has learned from watching and analyzing on TV etc. While I am not a fan, but do agree that he should have learned something in the past 3 years, we will see if he has learned and if he has can he put it to use on the field. Can he communicate to his players, can he develop an offense that uses the strengths and minimizes the weaknesses of its parts, can he garner the confidence of those in the system, can he adjust as required and in the end can he be successful. You can't put a square peg in a round hole so let's see what happens.

In 02 he had a gun slinger at qb and Stegall and Bruce in the slot, that put teams in a bind defensively and all Khari had to do was pick one of them to heave it up to. 

In 02 he had a gun slinger at qb and Stegall and Bruce in the slot, that put teams in a bind defensively and all Khari had to do was pick one of them to heave it up to. 

So sign a slotback to replace Moore...  WIlly is a gunslinger and Denmark is our other SB.

We have a Roberts/Sellers type duo in Cotton/Marshall...

And don't forget that one of Jones' targets was Jamie Stoddard...  we are way ahead of the curve there, probably four stoddards on the roster already!

So sign a slotback to replace Moore...  WIlly is a gunslinger and Denmark is our other SB.

And don't forget that one of Jones' targets was Jamie Stoddard...  we are way ahead of the curve there, probably four stoddards on the roster already!

Lolololololol........ohhhhh my......

I find myself in an odd position reading these comments because I'm not a big fan of the LaPo hire...but some of the hate is downright ridiculous.

The idea that he was simply along for the ride in his first OC time here is just simply wrong. Obviously having great players like Khari and Milt help make scheming easier. I don't think its unreasonable to say LaPo benefitted from the having those guys and that he helped them.

As a head coach he led us to our last Grey Cup appearance and had to make an offense work with Buck Pierce and several other scrubs.

Like I said, I don't like the hire. I will fight the notion that suddenly he gets no credit for his successes. 

So wait you compared can't stay healthy and proven nothing Cotton to one of the all time best Bomber (and arguably CFL) running backs and compared any of the receivers on the roster to the greatest receiver in league history... never mind that Bruce himself was better than most of the receivers playing in the CFL right now. That's not even getting into how good Mike Sellers was. I know 2002 was a long time ago, but that offense was ******* stacked. 

I find myself in an odd position reading these comments because I'm not a big fan of the LaPo hire...but some of the hate is downright ridiculous.

The idea that he was simply along for the ride in his first OC time here is just simply wrong. Obviously having great players like Khari and Milt help make scheming easier. I don't think its unreasonable to say LaPo benefitted from the having those guys and that he helped them.

As a head coach he led us to our last Grey Cup appearance and had to make an offense work with Buck Pierce and several other scrubs.

Like I said, I don't like the hire. I will fight the notion that suddenly he gets no credit for his successes. 

Lol! Milt Stegall - Greatest Receiver Of All Time......Khari Jones -- One of WBB greatest QBs of all time.......Charles Roberts -- One of CFL greatest RBs of all time....Arland Bruce -- One of CFL greatest receivers of all time..........

Yeaaaahhhhh.....maybe they helpes.....a little.....

Lol! Milt Stegall - Greatest Receiver Of All Time......Khari Jones -- One of WBB greatest QBs of all time.......Charles Roberts -- One of CFL greatest RBs of all time....Arland Bruce -- One of CFL greatest receivers of all time..........

Yeaaaahhhhh.....maybe they helpes.....a little.....

We both agree it helps to have great players like that on the roster. Plenty of good coaches are fortunate enough to have great players on the roster, and still get credit for the team's success.

It strikes me as some people just working extra hard to hate the hire.  If you're going to hate it, at least do so reasonably.

Okay, this is pretty funny...

Paul Friesen        

I asked LaPolice if his stable of QBs is good enough. Wouldn't give a direct answer. Says he has to evaluate. #Bombers.

jim bender        

@friesensunmedia He has to check the film first.

It was the first couple of times they tweeted this......4 months ago

I like Lapo the person (I think that's what a lot of people are caught up in -- they like Lapo the person and ignore the slate of coaching evidence) and I'm happy he's involved in the organization. i'm always a fan of good PEOPLE being involved. Do I think Lapo is the best choice for OC right now? Absolutely not. Am I going to give him a chance to prove himself....again.....? Of course....I'm in favour of anyone who can try and keep Drew Willy upright. 

so by game 9 of next year, when we are 2-7, Osh is gone and Lapo takes over as head coach?

You sound so very optimistic. Maybe 1-8 or 0-9. <_<

Look BC and Edm is not really a strong team right now... will they be before the start of the 2016 season?  Who knows. 

That really depends on the OC and DC that they're going to get hired... for sure not much left there. 

I say Cgy will still remain on the top in terms of their O, their D will be a question mark since they will have a rookie DC in Claybrooks.

Expectation on the Riders will probably higher because of the addition of Jones. But how he will manage to put back their Cdn depth remains to be seen.

so by game 9 of next year, when we are 2-7, Osh is gone and Lapo takes over as head coach?

You sound so very optimistic. Maybe 1-8 or 0-9. <_<

Look BC and Edm is not really a strong team right now... will they be before the start of the 2016 season?  Who knows. 

That really depends on the OC and DC that they're going to get hired... for sure not much left there. 

I say Cgy will still remain on the top in terms of their O, their D will be a question mark since they will have a rookie DC in Claybrooks.

Expectation on the Riders will probably higher because of the addition of Jones. But how he will manage to put back their Cdn depth remains to be seen.

I was kind of joking, which I do a lot.  But also making a point - it appears that we have the interim coach built in already should we have another crappy season and Osh needs to go.

Also - Edmonton just won some trophy a few weeks ago, trying to remember what it was...

I'm getting tired of this idea that Pierce was a terrible qb. He was a ******* good qb who couldn't stay healthy.

I loved Pierce's style of quarterbacking and he was very effective at what he did, BUT, let's not pretend Pierce was anywhere close to being the same kind of QB he was before he became a Bomber.

When you take away his "Mike Reilly-do anything-to-get-a-1st-down" kind of QBing, you take away a lot of what made Pierce effective. This is what we were left with when Pierce played for us.

He was only a shadow of the player he once was.

And it didn't help that everybody knew it, and we couldn't protect him worth a damn.

Look, all this "is he the right hire?" talk, and "blah blah blah second chance" talk doesn't matter.

The most important thing is that I don't have a gif of Lapo doing his dancing from that halftime panel earlier this year. I hope we are going to fixing that so we can post that thing all over the place when ever we actually win a game next year.