Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

Riders fans loved Chamblin's cockiness and aloofness with media too....at first.

You are correct. Speaking of cocky, is Kent still a savior in Hamilton?   At the cap and a ton of free agents, pitch forks likely will be coming out soon.

Austin will be fine.  I think most of the FA's that he wants to sign will probably return.  I think he's a coach that players love to play with.   While I find him cocky too.  I think players look at it differently and admire his demeanor and fierce attitude.    

Agreed.  Wouldn't you say the same about Jones? He has won 4 cups, the players obviously believe in him.

I think Jones is a very good coach.  I have no issue with his coaching abilities. 

Saying that fa's will most likely re-sign with their current club is fine BUT you better have the cash under the sms to accomplish that...IF fans in Ham./Edm./ and Sask think they're going to re-up for small increases, when there are other clubs waiting with better deals...good luck... Cash talks and when you have very few fa's to sign like we have...I like our chances of signing a few..We shall see come Feb. 

Iso I see your point, didn't know that, thanks, maybe something not in his favour, but overall,

I still see it more on the side of the guy doing what's best for himself. Teams don't care about players, or coaches.

lots of evidence of that.

as said by ripper....

If and when the struggling starts Jones will get run out of town without doubt

Why would pitchforks be out for Austin ?

I just meant because he is cocky also and abrasive with the media. He hasn't delivered the cup either but I guess that comes down to the fans. If they don't mind not winning I guess no reason for any pitchforks. I forgot that I wasn't talking about our fans.

Iso I see your point, didn't know that, thanks, maybe something not in his favour, but overall,

I still see it more on the side of the guy doing what's best for himself. Teams don't care about players, or coaches.

lots of evidence of that.

as said by ripper....

If and when the struggling starts Jones will get run out of town without doubt

Why would I or any other Rider fan have any loyalty to the players or coaches? They are hired and paid to win games, simple as that. I've been a fan of the riders every second of my life and will be until my final day. The players come and go as do the coaches, but I'm a lifer. I've never understood fans getting too attached to the players. I definitely have my favorites from over the years but most of them were guys that were long time riders. I don't care what team you cheer for, if you are a lifer then you have my respect. Without the fans there is no CFL and that's something that means a lot to all of us no matter what color jersey we wear on game day.

Prediction:

3 years (or less) from now Chris Jones will become the most hated man in Riders history when he jumps ship to another team. Once a merc always a merc. Chris Jones doesn't love the teams he's employed by, Chris Jones loves Chris Jones. I have zero doubt that the Riders are not the last stop on his magical mystery tour.

I could see him jumping to US college as early as next year, and if not, I suspect small market Regina is not a big enough destination for him to call home for too long.

I think he will do good things while he is there, but first chance he gets he will be in Toronto, or Vancouver etc.

Riders fans loved Chamblin's cockiness and aloofness with media too....at first.

You are correct. Speaking of cocky, is Kent still a savior in Hamilton?   At the cap and a ton of free agents, pitch forks likely will be coming out soon.

Austin will be fine.  I think most of the FA's that he wants to sign will probably return.  I think he's a coach that players love to play with.   While I find him cocky too.  I think players look at it differently and admire his demeanor and fierce attitude.    

Agreed.  Wouldn't you say the same about Jones? He has won 4 cups, the players obviously believe in him.

Yes, absolutely. I think his players love the guy but it's all the other stuff that comes with him. 

Players love winning. It's why they play the game. Players don't love Austin in Hamilton. They love winning though and that's why many will re-sign back there. Players don't love Chris Jones, they love winning. That is why not many will follow him to year one of a rebuild. Having a chance to win a Grey Cup is big to a lot of players.

Prediction:

3 years (or less) from now Chris Jones will become the most hated man in Riders history when he jumps ship to another team. Once a merc always a merc. Chris Jones doesn't love the teams he's employed by, Chris Jones loves Chris Jones. I have zero doubt that the Riders are not the last stop on his magical mystery tour.

I could see him jumping to US college as early as next year, and if not, I suspect small market Regina is not a big enough destination for him to call home for too long.

I think he will do good things while he is there, but first chance he gets he will be in Toronto, or Vancouver etc.

I just can't see the NCAA. If he's successful, I could see the NFL at some point. 

Saying that fa's will most likely re-sign with their current club is fine BUT you better have the cash under the sms to accomplish that...IF fans in Ham./Edm./ and Sask think they're going to re-up for small increases, when there are other clubs waiting with better deals...good luck... Cash talks and when you have very few fa's to sign like we have...I like our chances of signing a few..We shall see come Feb. 

As in the past restocking Natl. talent through F.A. is difficult, as the best will never see the light of day and those that do make it are usually pricey or on the wrong side of the hill.  Chris Jones won't be able to do much about that inherited deficiency.

Why would pitchforks be out for Austin ?

I just meant because he is cocky also and abrasive with the media. He hasn't delivered the cup either but I guess that comes down to the fans. If they don't mind not winning I guess no reason for any pitchforks. I forgot that I wasn't talking about our fans.

As a fan I couldnt care less how he is with the media as long as he delivers winning football and players buy into his schemes. I couldnt be more happy with Austin right now as a fan

Prediction:

I just can't see the NCAA. If he's successful, I could see the NFL at some point. 

Don't forget, the NCAA pays much more than the CFL (at major colleges anyways)

Man, part of me feels like Jones is going to be a huge failure in Riderville, the other part says he won't be but... I can't shake this feeling that he's going to fail miserably.. He's being pimped so hard by guys like Lawless and Madani, saying he found all these great players, (i'm not even sure how many of those players he found) and pimping him so much.. that he's just bound to fail. He's a good head coach but i'm not sure if he's a good GM... 

Is he gonna be Head Coach/Gm/DC? cuz if so, that's a lot on his plate. 

Riders have lots of problems right now, their biggest is their lack of Canadian talent, I'm not sure that's fixable in 1` or 2 seasons. 

This is starting to have some eerie similarities to when we hired Mike Kelly, who btw, was an absolutely beloved hire before he flamed out miserably.

Similarities:

Both hailed as the saviour after a Taman regime

Both abrasive and elusive with the media

Both inexperienced in personnel management

Both in multiple job positions at the same time

Both known for their large egos.

Both given unconditional control of football ops

Kelly states in first presser " No one will handle the QBs but me"

Jones states in first presser " No one will handle the defence but me"

Are the Rider repeating history here?

If Jones states that everything will be handled internally, I will lose my ****.