Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

If Saskatchewan is willing to offer that much then Jones is gonna be heading there pretty quickly.

I remain hopeful we get someone other than LaPo.

Only other option I see left is Marcus Brady from T.O. who I would prefer over LaPo.   Surprised no one has asked about Condell but maybe Austin stamped a big "Don't Ask" on his forehead.

Still think the Bombers are a "destination of choice" for CFL assistants looking to move up?

teams aren't even giving the Bombers permission to talk to them, that tells me at least 2 teams are worried about guys leaving for Winnipeg. Try again with the doom and gloom, this try failed. 

!4 dead in San Bernardino mass shootings, Russia claims that Turkey selling oil to ISIS, Two Albertans from Edmonton missing in Mexico feared dead. I could go on but is that dark enough for you? Did I pass?

If Khari is the QB Coach in BC, how can Wally not allow him to interview for an OC position?

I don't think you technically HAVE to allow anyone out of their contract for anything but a promotion to HC. Doubt Khari has a deal beyond December 31st, so maybe he just wants this month in order to try and sort his own **** out.

So does that mean Dickenson will remain as the OC?

I think he is. But Dinwiddie will be his pair of eyes from upstairs.

Mace retired? Wow. Didnt think he was done.

Too many injuries suffered in previous years. I dont think he completed a year without being injured.

Here's how it started:

Farhan Lalji – ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN

The #TiCats have denied the #Eskimos permission to speak with DC Orlondo Steinauer about their head coach job. O has 1 more year on contract

4:55 PM - 8 Dec 2015

THEN:

Gerry Moddejonge – ‏@SunModdejonge

Hervey said he has received permission to speak to Steinauer. "Don't believe everything that you read. Especially those sources." #Esks #CFL

2:38 PM - 10 Dec 2015

NEXT:

esksfans.com – ‏@esksfans

It was @garylawless who said Stenauer staying in Ham and then @FarhanLaljiTSN who said Esks were denied permission. Just to be clear.

2:53 PM - 10 Dec 2015

FINALLY:

Farhan Lalji – Verified account ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN

@esksfans What @garylawless & I reported 2 days ago Was accurate. #TiCats changed their minds today & granted permission

3:36 PM - 10 Dec 2015

NEW:

Matthew Scianitti

Matthew Scianitti – ‏@TSNScianitti

OTHER #Ticats news #CFL sources say DB Courtney Stephens &Terrell Sinkfield have #Vikings workouts Sinkfield has other TBD #NFL workouts too

3:48 PM - 10 Dec 2015

Ottawa:

"Construction of Lansdowne’s stadium, arena and parking garage appear to have generated an unusually large number of legal actions — from electricians and providers of steel and heating and air-conditioning systems — that amount to tens of millions of dollars."

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/lifting-lansdownes-veil-lawsuits-tell-story-of-cost-overruns-business-failure-and-layoffs

Ottawa:

"Construction of Lansdowne’s stadium, arena and parking garage appear to have generated an unusually large number of legal actions — from electricians and providers of steel and heating and air-conditioning systems — that amount to tens of millions of dollars."

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/lifting-lansdownes-veil-lawsuits-tell-story-of-cost-overruns-business-failure-and-layoffs

Companies ruined.  Lawsuits still to be resolved.  Value-engineering to important features like the veil.  Unanticipated costs like the new roof for the arena.

This all sounds familiar.  First Winnipeg, then Hamilton, now Ottawa.  I wonder if Regina will escape unscathed once the new stadium is complete?

Ottawa:

Companies ruined.  Lawsuits still to be resolved.  Value-engineering to important features like the veil.  Unanticipated costs like the new roof for the arena.

This all sounds familiar.  First Winnipeg, then Hamilton, now Ottawa.  I wonder if Regina will escape unscathed once the new stadium is complete?

Probably not .. we just won't hear about it .. The Riders can do no wrong don't you know.