Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

And no, we don't want Cortez. The game has passed him by.

I was wondering if somebody else felt like this. I kept waiting to see "the magic", but instead I've seen other OCs weaving in their own "styling".

That is what I'd like to see,

- not the old-ideas is old-ideas but he-was-good-at-one-point-kind-of-guy.

He and O'Shea? Can't see it.

Tedford out in BC, Cortez soon to follow.

And no, we don't want Cortez. The game has passed him by.

I'm nuetral on Cortez but that's a bit harsh.

What's missing from his approach that reflects today's game?

Being grumpy and over the hill as someone else remarked isn't really a reason. Most coaches are grumpy all the time. Age is not a factor imo.

God I hope this completely blows up in Buono's face....

I can't believe BC let Glenn walk in the off-season and then headed into this year with no reliable alternative to Lulay coming off a career threatening injury.  Can hardly blame Tedford for their record, he did get them into the playoffs in his first season as HC and looked to be getting the hang of the job by season's end.  Must be misery to work under Wally.

Still saying that they just end up promoting Buck.  He'll come cheap.

Bombers really missed the boat with Jason Maas... 

Did they really? after the first 2 touchdowns in the Grey Cup the Esks D made them look pretty ordinary. Easy to be an OC when you don't have any injuries on the offense, but the good defenses could still shut that team down. 

.....With the negative statements Wally had for Harris, like 'you could go work in a bank and nobody will notice you'...I think it would be a stretch to see Harris back in the leo fold next year...Buono also had some other choice remarks for Andrew that would make it difficult for him to re-sign there BUT we shall see.

Rumors are Cortez is looking to be retired...

They weren't exactly miles a head either in terms of points scored... they had something like 16 more points scored than us...

How could they be behind us in time of possession? Our D was on the field for 40 minutes a game at times. 

I agree with Mike on passing on Cortez. Many a times the Lions massively under utilized Harris and completely ignored Arceneaux.

That being said he's still massive upgrade over MB

the Lions had a gimpy Lulay at qb who could barely throw and then had to use a bunch of rookies... not exactly a recipe for consistent offense. 

They weren't exactly miles a head either in terms of points scored... they had something like 16 more points scored than us...

How could they be behind us in time of possession? Our D was on the field for 40 minutes a game at times. 

Points by offense: BC - 394, WPG - 309 = 85 more points than us.

Fun fact about the 2015 BC offense: they started Jennings in their last eight games. During that stretch they were the third-best offense in the league at 26.875 ppg. Ottawa had 30ppg in that stretch and Edmonton had 28.875. Calgary was a point behind BC at 25.875.

Cortez made hay with a pure rookie at QB last year -- and the BC offense continued to improve even as film got out on Jennings. Pretty nice job by the coach, setting up his rookie QB to succeed.

Points by offense: BC - 394, WPG - 309 = 85 more points than us.

So, 4pts a game.......