Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

Not really related to anything but just thought I'd share this... I met Mike O'Shea over the weekend at a friend's social... my friend's dad has a friend who lives next door to him so he invited him to come... anyways, this was his first Manitoba social... we mostly chatted about the social prizes and he was impressed at some of the stuff they were able to procure... sorry I wasn't able to ask any hard hitting questions... in hindsight, the whiskey had hit me a little harder than I realized at the time and I don't remember much details of the conversation other than the social prizes and I told him I'm a long time season ticket holder and I was rooting for him to succeed...

Noeller is tired of seeing all these fluff pieces getting passed off as journalism...

Edited by mbrg

Riders announce 10 cuts.  I thought Denicos Allen looked pretty good at last years TC, hopefully some other team will pick him up.

National running back Melvin Abankwah
International linebacker Denicos Allen
International wide receiver Michael Campbell
International offensive lineman Quinterrius Eatmon
International defensive lineman Ryan Jones
International linebacker DeDe Lattimore
International linebacker DJ Lynch
International defensive back Robert Sands
International offensive lineman Joseph Treadwell
National defensive lineman Brandon Tennant

Which brings about the question, for me:

Does the fact that Jones left the organization that won the Grey Cup - Edmonton, strip him of the right to parade the Grey Cup as a member of a different org?

In other words, is it Edmonton's Grey Cup? ...or does Jones have the right to display the Cup as he sees fit?

Seems a bit off to me...

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Does the fact that Jones left the organization that won the Grey Cup - Edmonton, strip him of the right to parade the Grey Cup as a member of a different org?

In other words, is it Edmonton's Grey Cup? ...or does Jones have the right to display the Cup as he sees fit?

Seems a bit off to me...

He's a hillbilly hero, got to let him have his parade.  I hope they're keeping a close eye on the GC down there, it could be "reprocessed" and end up as a patch on Grandma's roof.

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Seems a bit off to me...

Of course he has the right. Would you question it if it had been a player who signed elsewhere in the off-season, rather than a coach?

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Every team needs TCF

I mean sure.. but him?  Ida thought he was so far removed from an NFL taxi squad as it could get.  no rookies, NCAA, or even AFL guys looking for work? lol.

just struck me as a really odd signing.. or one hell of an amazing agent.

Just now, SPuDS said:

I mean sure.. but him?  Ida thought he was so far removed from an NFL taxi squad as it could get.  no rookies, NCAA, or even AFL guys looking for work? lol.

just struck me as a really odd signing.. or one hell of an amazing agent.

It might have something to do with the fact that he recently attended the Riders mini-camp in Vero Beach.  He was in the neighbourhood so...

28 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It might have something to do with the fact that he recently attended the Riders mini-camp in Vero Beach.  He was in the neighbourhood so...

yea maybe.   wait, rider's minicamp.  is he released from Mtl or he still their property? 

I know they let him go pursue that fly by night league's "marque" designation for some team.  Guess they let him walk and said buh bye lol.

6 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Of course he has the right. Would you question it if it had been a player who signed elsewhere in the off-season, rather than a coach?

Well I don't know Jacquie..that's why I'm asking. I think the players can have access to the Cup for awhile, although I don't know about when they're traded. Or for how long they have access? But I don't think it's the same with a major figurehead and front of an organization who is now the face and front of another organization. You say of course he has the right..I say why? Can he take out the Grey Cup during the season too? Or when he's in Edmonton? I still think it's odd. Hey, but if you say it's so...I guess it's so.

I think that this may be the answer to what everybody's been wondering:

A four-year starter at Central Michigan (2006-09), LeFevour threw for 12,905 yards and 102 touchdowns in 53 games, compiling a career passer rating of 142.9. The 6-3, 230-pound passer also did significant damage with his legs, rushing for 2,948 yards and 47 touchdowns. His combined 150 touchdowns (he also scored once on a reception) are a record for NCAA quarterbacks and he was twice named the MAC Offensive Player of the Year. For his final three years at CMU, LeFevour played under Offensive Coordinator Mike Bajakian, who is now Tampa Bay's quarterbacks coach.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Buccaneers-Sign-QB-Dan-LeFevour/00a3929f-6673-4306-aa10-a1d991fcdd8c

22 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Seems a bit off to me...

I don't see anything wrong with it... he was the head coach of the defending champs... kinda similar to Brandon Saad (Columbus) and Johnny Oduya (Dallas) joining the Blackhawks at the white house this year...