Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He's hurt and won't be ready for the start of the season.  He tore his ACL in November and that's why Hamilton is letting him go.

thats too bad, i liked his play, and seems like a real character on the sidelines.  if he was healthy he'd have made a great DE to go with our other 3 studs, would have been close to if not the top  Dline in the league imo

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

38 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

CFL adding a round to the draft going from 7 to 8 rounds

http://3downnation.com/2016/05/02/cfl-adding-rounds-to-draft/

There's a guy on riderfans arguing that this is unfair to the Riders b/c those eight extra players who get drafted by other teams would have likely preferred to be Riders, but now they've had that chance taken away.

He's being serious too...

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

There's a guy on riderfans arguing that this is unfair to the Riders b/c those eight extra players who get drafted by other teams would have likely preferred to be Riders, but now they've had that chance taken away.

He's being serious too...

C'mon man, it's totally understandable.  Every Canadian player should have the opportunity to fulfill their childhood dream and play for the best organization that everwas!!!

Getting drafted is one thing....makes big it is another. Historically look at the success rate and longevity of drafted players regardless of what round they are drafted in. Equally important is tracking 5 th players who go back to the CIS undrafted that have a stellar year and then become Ned list eligible.

Great timing.

While we've been on this elevator ride now for quite a while with Bilukidi, will he? or won't he be coming, one last chance in the NFL, etc. maybe now we have to learn how to pronounce, and spell his name. I'm willing.

Its about time, it's our turn. 

Hey Otis, deliver him to our floor soon, will ya?

#Riders lose another player to unexpected retirement https://t.co/KjFjBZjGMU #CFL pic.twitter.com/Q821r6rC5n

Justin Dunk (@JDunk12) May 3, 2016

:lol:

I hate to laugh, but this being the second player acquired for draft picks only to see them retire makes me laugh a little bit inside. Only because I can only imagine what Rider fans would be saying if any other team had this happen to them.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol:

I hate to laugh, but this being the second player acquired for draft picks only to see them retire makes me laugh a little bit inside. Only because I can only imagine what Rider fans would be saying if any other team had this happen to them.

Can you imagine what they'd be saying if this had happened to us?

So I had to laugh more than a little bit and I didn't hate it at all.

Whoa, two players in a short while that have turned down the opportunity to live and play for Regina. This goes against he grain that is everything Saskatchewan, doesn't it?

In an area where the Riders are weak - Nationals, they have just turned up the dial on the desperado meter. Can't be giving away picks without the due diligence that goes along with it.

And we know it can't be playing for Jones that was a factor, now don't we?

I think I have the same feeling as most here... I almost want to feel bad, but then I remember it's the riders....

But I'm still confused... everything I've heard from Rider fans is that Saskatchewan is the mecca of all things football and it's every football player's (Canadian and American) dream to have the honour to pull that puke green jersey over their watermelon helmet and call themselves a member of the greatest organization in the history of sports...

It appears Jones is wearing too many hats to bother with due diligence.  According to some Ti-Cat fans that attended their mini-camp Austin spent the 3 days  running around the field like a headless chicken trying to cover up for departure of Condell.  The entertainment value of an over-stressed Austin on the sidelines....priceless.  I hope TSN has plans for a full-time "AustinCam" with audio in the works.