Award Finalists Announced

Rich

Most Outstanding Player - Henry Burris (East) Bo Levi Mitchell (West)

Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Simoni Lawrence (East), Adam Bighill (West)

Most Outstanding Canadian - Brad Sinopoli (East), Jamaal Westerman (West)

Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman - SirVincent Rogers (East), Jovan Olafioye (West)

Most Outstanding Special Teams Player - Brandon Banks (East), Rene Paredes (West)

Most Outstanding Rookie - Vidal Hazelton (East), Derel Walker (West)

Most Outstanding Player - Henry Burris (East) Bo Levi Mitchell (West)

Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Simoni Lawrence (East), Adam Bighill (West)

Most Outstanding Canadian - Brad Sinopoli (East), Jamaal Westerman (West)

Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman - SirVincent Rogers (East), Jovan Olafioye (West)

Most Outstanding Special Teams Player - Brandon Banks (East), Rene Paredes (West)

Most Outstanding Rookie - Vidal Hazelton (East), Derel Walker (West)

italicized my guesses....

Westerman is gonna get the Royal screw job on his Canadian....

He might get a pity-vote. He deserves something for being one of the few bright lights on the Bombers this miserable season.

I hope he gets more than pity votes.  Not to take anything away from Sinopoli as he had a career season, but he was just one of four Ottawa receivers to crack 1000 yards while hauling in passes from this year's (most likely) MOP.  Imagine what kind of numbers Westerman could have put up if he had any kind of help?

So would this be an appropriate time to dig up some of those posts saying what a bust Westerman was?

Most of those were done after the first couple games when he wasn't doing squat. Everyone with sense has said that he stepped up big and has been maybe the teams best player since. 

I saw a lot of Ottawa games sinopoli was really good, but

Westerman should win this.

He wrecked a lot of offensive plays this year, chased guys across and downfield, didn't quit on any plays, he's fast, strong, didn't cause any kind of fuss in a horrible year..... really like him.

who knows, playing on such a crapola team.....

I saw a lot of Ottawa games sinopoli was really good, but

Westerman should win this.

He wrecked a lot of offensive plays this year, chased guys across and downfield, didn't quit on any plays, he's fast, strong, didn't cause any kind of fuss in a horrible year..... really like him.

who knows, playing on such a crapola team.....

And it really shouldn't even be close, but the media has ragers for everything RedBlacks so what should be likely won't be and a guy having a good season might win over a guy having a great season.

Who i think should win.

Most Outstanding Player - Henry Burris (East)

Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Adam Bighill (West)

Most Outstanding Canadian - Brad Sinopoli (East)

Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman - SirVincent Rogers (East)

Most Outstanding Special Teams Player - Rene Paredes (West)

Most Outstanding Rookie - Derel Walker (West)

Annis Stukus Trophy : Rick Campbell (even though I think Jones is a better coach, you can't overlook Ottawa going from 2-16 to 12-6)

Sinopoli was one of four thousand yard receivers on his team with the likely MOP passing him the ball. Think of the attention he didn't have to deal with because of who is played with.

Westerman had an outstanding season at DE, a position where the last outstanding Canadian was Brett Johnson almost a decade ago, on the worst dline in the CFL.