Last game day thread of the season

bigg jay

Working my way through the game now. Davis looks alright, about what I expected. Scouts will drool over the physical traits. The question will always be if he can progress further and refine his pocket game. Didn't help that the receivers had some drops.

I am glad the season is over. It just felt so painful this season. I'll await the firing of MB after the Grey Cup. I've lost hope that Walters is at risk, so that sucks.

Halls D is awful. Way too passive. They also give up tons of huge plays. I'd seriously consider firing hall If Benevides had interest

You don't think the D had any 'ah well, is done'. In it midway through the 3rd. Come on.... The D kept us in more games than they should have all season. I'm sorry, and it's just my opinion... But you're dead wrong my friend.

To change it up... I thought the Argos looked awful themselves.   I don't see how they make it to the cup this season.  

For the Blue....  what scares me is the lack of import talent they did not bring in this season to fill out some key positions.   I'm agreeing with 17.... if they have 2 guys to fire I'm putting Walters and scouting department at #2.    

Guys like Darvin Adams who drop balls when we gain momentum are just plain awful/mediocre and need to go.   We need guys at receiver who can make plays and who can turn up the field and make a guy miss or make a catch in decent coverage. 

Super disappointing that they didn't at least get 1 TD...  it's amazing that BC , Sask, Hamilton , Montreal etc... can all start 3rd stringers and then have the capability to at least get some points on the board.   I'll take 2 TD's and 2 ints with 250+ yards over a guy getting 160 yards and nothing else.....

The Argos have had to put up with so much crap from Rogers and having to play away from their home field on short notice, and cope without Ray and several other key pieces that i find myself rooting for them to go to the Cup game. Better them than Burris and Co.

I PVR'd the game last night to watch some high school football at IG field. Here's my thoughts:

Did Rod Black and Dwayne Ford know there were 2 teams playing?? I thought their colour commentary was disgustingly one-sided.

I liked Davis at QB, he throws a fastball faster than Burris!! He's a keeper IMO. Too bad his receivers let him down repeatedly.....

Liked Marshall and thought he ran with grit, determination and power.

I guess we might need to look for a punter, seems we don't have a current kicker who can do everything.

Thought the defense played okay at times, we have some work to do there though.

Has MB been fired yet??

Has Brohm been released yet??

You know what I noticed last night?   The lack of penalties called by the refs.   I guess it was a nothing game for them as well. 

I liked Davis.  He throws a accurate ball with some serious zip on it.  He also seems to get rid of the ball a bit quicker than Nicholls.   He does however need to work on his sneaks.  They were UGLY.    That db, I think his name  was Posey.  He looked pretty good out there as well.   

I know some of you think that Hurl is improving but last night he was seriously manhandled.   He's just not big or strong enough to play the MLB position.   He's not even a good special teams guy.   He adds nothing to the team other than his passport.  

Did anyone else wish one of our guys would have taken out that receiver from Toronto.  I think his name was Bates.  That thing he did (extended his arm and then dropped the ball)  after every one of his catches was really pissing me off.  I was really hoping one of our guys would have taken umbrage with it and showed him how to act like a pro.   But again we don't have enough "Jerks" on this team.    :o  :o  :o

So another off season that's going to feel like an eternity.  And we don't even have the draft to look forward too.

In the end..zone...on the good side:

- Congrats to K. Bass, rookie guy for achieving that 100 tackle mark. Quite a feat for a guy who couldn't originally crack our PR.

- and to J. Westerman for the 2 sacks and tackles last night. Here's hoping he keeps the lead.

- DB J. Posey, who had 8 tackles and seemed to be good position all night. Looking good for the secondary.

- KR S. Davis, who gave us decent field position all night. No hesitation there.

- C. Marshall, again a warrior out there, he just wouldn't go down.

- M. Leggett, credited with only 4 sacks but seemed to be all over the place..again. His comment about needing more "jerks" on the team was an eye opener and surprised both Irving and Brown on the post game show.

- QB D. Davis, nothing flashy, but very composed, there's something to work with there..finally. His numbers 16-25 for 169 aren't screamingly good, but consider this..they are very Matt Nichol-like without all that "experience" AND,b he had 3 big drops that nullified 3 easy 1st downs and 1 possible TD. He left the game when he tweaked his hamstring late in the game.

- protection was better, we out sacked Toronto 4-3, but still...

- QB showed he could go downfield, but MB gave him the perfect game plan...to not score a TD, so, like his offence, which is completely predictable and everybody knows what's coming, MB should know what's coming...very soon, we hope.

- some of our defensive players kinda took the night off, and you certainly can't do that in a R. Hall defence. Very poor tackling. I'd prefer a more aggressive, "newer-age" defence, but I doubt they'll fire 2 coordinators.

Now, for the most exciting time of the year for us Bomber fans...the purge of players and coaches. It's the only thing we have left to look forward to.

Davis looked serviceable, some of our defence stood out well, Hurl was pretty much useless and our kicking game was the usual. For those who want to sack Hall along with others, pause and think where our season would have been without Hall's defence. He was the only coach worth keeping, and he was not great.

Good arm on Davis but like any QB, wouldn't stand up to the beating he'd take on this team.

I was kind of meh about Davis, until that throw to Denmark on the wide side sideline about 40 yards down field. Davis threw that on a rope. I liked it! Thought he played well enough. Seems to be pretty smart, didn't throw to many bad balls, knew when to run and how to preserve himself. Marshall Marshall Marshall....I hope he's back next year. I thought he played very well except for that one horrible drop. Darvin Adams drops too many balls. That first ball he saw from Davis was perfect and went right through his hands, no excuse for that. I'm hoping we bring in about 20 rec for training camp to light a fire under Adams and Moore. And find someone better to play the wide side other then Bastien.

I honestly thought our O might be exciting to watch today. I figured MB would have known he's done and he had better show something special to make the management at least think about at. But no, 2nd and 10...5 yard button. telegraphed runs up the middle. Lack of any consistent deep ball. MB went out the only way he knows how....horribly.

Here's to a new season and hopefully a professional Offence! When does training camp start?

Every DB gets beat lots. Bucknor is the biggest problem. Adams is a cfl rookie. He had a strong year. Will only get better

Bucknor is horrible. A bad player on a bad team. Passport be damned.

Good grief. Horrible, sloppy tackling. TD Argos. The worst tackling team in the league, no doubt. Just embarrassing.

No. SSK takes that by a mile...by 50 miles. I've never seen a professional team tackle as horribly as they do. It's embarrassing just being a fan of the cfl and watching that "defence" play.

Im not sure how I feel about Johnny adams, 6 ints is great but i think his coverage as a whole is suspect

He's terrible. Gets beat consistently.

No he isn't. You don't get that many ints, knockdowns etc when you're terrible. This is the CFL, if you can show me one DB on every team that DOESN'T get beat on a regular basis I might be swayed. You might find one in the entire league but that's it. Adams will be a solid player like he was this year for a while.

You know what I noticed last night?   The lack of penalties called by the refs.   I guess it was a nothing game for them as well. 

I liked Davis.  He throws a accurate ball with some serious zip on it.  He also seems to get rid of the ball a bit quicker than Nicholls.   He does however need to work on his sneaks.  They were UGLY.    That db, I think his name  was Posey.  He looked pretty good out there as well.   

I know some of you think that Hurl is improving but last night he was seriously manhandled.   He's just not big or strong enough to play the MLB position.   He's not even a good special teams guy.   He adds nothing to the team other than his passport.  

Did anyone else wish one of our guys would have taken out that receiver from Toronto.  I think his name was Bates.  That thing he did (extended his arm and then dropped the ball)  after every one of his catches was really pissing me off.  I was really hoping one of our guys would have taken umbrage with it and showed him how to act like a pro.   But again we don't have enough "Jerks" on this team.    :o  :o  :o

So another off season that's going to feel like an eternity.  And we don't even have the draft to look forward too.

Argo receivers have been doing that all season, whether it's a 50 yard catch or a 5 yard catch.  It is very annoying.  

The Argos have had to put up with so much crap from Rogers and having to play away from their home field on short notice, and cope without Ray and several other key pieces that i find myself rooting for them to go to the Cup game. Better them than Burris and Co.

I live in Toronto and I can't stand stand that smug arrogance that oozes from the Argos like pus. I absolutely love it when we, or any other team, beats them. I've spent a lifetime hating the Argos.

I can only compare it to the disdain I feel for Les Canadien du Montreal otherwise known as The Habs. I so wish Buff had taken Gallagher's head off the other night. But I digress. Back to the Argos. 

Torontonians think Toronto is the end-all and be-all of the universe. I found them to be smug and arrogant back when I was a kid 50 years ago living in East Kildonan and that hasn't changed so many years later. I loved it when they had Joe Theismann and never managed to win it all. I loved it when Leon McQuay fumbled away their Grey Cup on that cold, icy afternoon when Leo Cahill was the coach. 

Nowadays I hate Jim Barker. I hate how they got Ricky Ray from Edmonton in time for the 100th Grey Cup. I hate Chad Owens. I hated Kevin Eiben when he broke Kevin Glen's arm and ended our Grey Cup hopes. I hated how the Argos would go after Buck Pierce and intentionally try to severely injure him. I hate Ricky Foley. I hate Dave Stala. I hate Ejiro Kuale. I hate Andre Durie. I hate how, even now, Pinball Clemons runs his mouth and goes on and on and on about everything Argo. I even hated that stupid movie, Argo. Yes, I even hated Mike O'Shea and he hasn't done anything to change that. In fact, I may hate him even more now.

Sorry Tracker. I hope Burris and the Redblacks, and anyone else that plays them, lays a severe beating on the arrogant pricks.

YES, YES, YES! Someone should have definitely tee'd off on that guy. Pissed me off too.