Last game day thread of the season

bigg jay

The Argos have had to put up with so much crap from Rogers and having to play away from their home field on short notice, and cope without Ray and several other key pieces that i find myself rooting for them to go to the Cup game. Better them than Burris and Co.

I live in Toronto and I can't stand stand that smug arrogance that oozes from the Argos like pus. I absolutely love it when we, or any other team, beats them. I've spent a lifetime hating the Argos.

I can only compare it to the disdain I feel for Les Canadien du Montreal otherwise known as The Habs. I so wish Buff had taken Gallagher's head off the other night. But I digress. Back to the Argos. 

Torontonians think Toronto is the end-all and be-all of the universe. I found them to be smug and arrogant back when I was a kid 50 years ago living in East Kildonan and that hasn't changed so many years later. I loved it when they had Joe Theismann and never managed to win it all. I loved it when Leon McQuay fumbled away their Grey Cup on that cold, icy afternoon when Leo Cahill was the coach. 

Nowadays I hate Jim Barker. I hate how they got Ricky Ray from Edmonton in time for the 100th Grey Cup. I hate Chad Owens. I hated Kevin Eiben when he broke Kevin Glen's arm and ended our Grey Cup hopes. I hated how the Argos would go after Buck Pierce and intentionally try to severely injure him. I hate Ricky Foley. I hate Dave Stala. I hate Ejiro Kuale. I hate Andre Durie. I hate how, even now, Pinball Clemons runs his mouth and goes on and on and on about everything Argo. I even hated that stupid movie, Argo. Yes, I even hated Mike O'Shea and he hasn't done anything to change that. In fact, I may hate him even more now.

Sorry Tracker. I hope Burris and the Redblacks, and anyone else that plays them, lays a severe beating on the arrogant pricks.

Plus don't ever question anyone be it media or people that live in TO that all of Canada's loves the Blue Jays and all their professional teams are Canada's team.

The Argos have had to put up with so much crap from Rogers and having to play away from their home field on short notice, and cope without Ray and several other key pieces that i find myself rooting for them to go to the Cup game. Better them than Burris and Co.

I live in Toronto and I can't stand stand that smug arrogance that oozes from the Argos like pus. I absolutely love it when we, or any other team, beats them. I've spent a lifetime hating the Argos.

I can only compare it to the disdain I feel for Les Canadien du Montreal otherwise known as The Habs. I so wish Buff had taken Gallagher's head off the other night. But I digress. Back to the Argos. 

Torontonians think Toronto is the end-all and be-all of the universe. I found them to be smug and arrogant back when I was a kid 50 years ago living in East Kildonan and that hasn't changed so many years later. I loved it when they had Joe Theismann and never managed to win it all. I loved it when Leon McQuay fumbled away their Grey Cup on that cold, icy afternoon when Leo Cahill was the coach. 

Nowadays I hate Jim Barker. I hate how they got Ricky Ray from Edmonton in time for the 100th Grey Cup. I hate Chad Owens. I hated Kevin Eiben when he broke Kevin Glen's arm and ended our Grey Cup hopes. I hated how the Argos would go after Buck Pierce and intentionally try to severely injure him. I hate Ricky Foley. I hate Dave Stala. I hate Ejiro Kuale. I hate Andre Durie. I hate how, even now, Pinball Clemons runs his mouth and goes on and on and on about everything Argo. I even hated that stupid movie, Argo. Yes, I even hated Mike O'Shea and he hasn't done anything to change that. In fact, I may hate him even more now.

Sorry Tracker. I hope Burris and the Redblacks, and anyone else that plays them, lays a severe beating on the arrogant pricks.

Plus don't ever question anyone be it media or people that live in TO that all of Canada's loves the Blue Jays and all their professional teams are Canada's team.

You got that right, brother.

Davis looked serviceable, some of our defence stood out well, Hurl was pretty much useless and our kicking game was the usual. For those who want to sack Hall along with others, pause and think where our season would have been without Hall's defence. He was the only coach worth keeping, and he was not great.

Good arm on Davis but like any QB, wouldn't stand up to the beating he'd take on this team.

Didn't Davis get hurt last night and about Hall think back to how the d was at the beginning of the year, give him a more capable d line and the d becomes more aggressive a better all around

Come on now, don't sugar-coat it. Tell us how you really feel.

The receivers weren't good enough, too many drops on catchable balls Darvin Adams, very little yac yards after the catch and little to no down field blocking. They are weak, undersized and just not fast enough or reliable enough.

Marshall is a good to great back, this guy was sadly underused during the season, he's a truck and has great hands.

The oline was decent, although the Argos don't generate much of a pass rush so I wouldn't get overly excited about it.

The dline, other than Westerman is just sad, zero push up the middle from the tackles and whoever, Cole, was playing the end was invisible.

The Hurl experiment at LB can end, he can't shed tackles and is nowhere near fast enough or strong enough to play the position.

Wild & Bass is a real tough decision at WIL, Bass is not an option for MLB

Leggett may be too slow for the SAM position but I sure like his physical play

Secondary needs an overhaul, get Randal back on the corner and get a national at safety, nobody should be secure of their jobs back there.

Come on now, don't sugar-coat it. Tell us how you really feel.

Sorry for going overboard. I guess the reality of that putrid season is getting to me but the only thing worse than seeing Ottawa or Edmonton hoist the cup on our field would be seeing the Argos do it. On a positive note, at least it won't be the Riders.