Tajh Boyd Released

TrueBlue

Davis is 3rd string tonight, according to Knucks pre-game. Re: Boyd, he says "I'm hearing he wasn't 'all in' on being a QB for the WBB in the CFL" so you can read into that what you like...

Doesn't surprise me. His first interview he said he was wanting to get back into the NFL. I never believed he really wanted to be here.

Davis is 3rd string tonight, according to Knucks pre-game. Re: Boyd, he says "I'm hearing he wasn't 'all in' on being a QB for the WBB in the CFL" so you can read into that what you like...

Doesn't surprise me. His first interview he said he was wanting to get back into the NFL. I never believed he really wanted to be here.

Does make me wonder why he bothered making the trip to Winnipeg in the first place.

I agree.

This whole CFL thing was more like a "visit" to kill time while the rest of the football world caught up and realized his awesomeness. Reality and the realization that nobody knelt before him, plus the fact that he may have taken this league too lightly is a tough meal to digest. Too bad. Or maybe, good, that he has been released. I gotta believe even Austin saw this coming.

It is also possible that he didn't like the circus here- inept coaching and passive management. And in Montreal, there's always Rue St.Catherine's. But this doesn't quite jibe with the Bombers pronouncement of "off-field issues". More like a rodent abandoning what he sees as a sinking ship.

My bet is Popp, via Boyd's agent, pried him off our PR.  We released him in order to save face.   

How would us releasing him save face? If Montreal wanted to take him from our PR, they could have done it by simply making him their 3rd string QB for a week.

O'Shea said he was released because of off field issues. Do you really think that O'Shea would make stuff up in order to somehow save face?  He doesn't strike me as a guy would would publicly lie about something as straight forward as releasing a guy of the PR, because there's no benefit to him or the organization in doing so.  

It's always amusing to see how many people can try to find a conspiracy behind any situation.

O'Shea said he was released because of off field issues. Do you really think that O'Shea would make stuff up in order to somehow save face? He doesn't strike me as a guy would would publicly lie about something as straight forward as releasing a guy of the PR, because there's no benefit to him or the organization in doing so.

It's always amusing to see how many people can try to find a conspiracy behind any situation.

I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value. And "off field issues" could be anything, including my theory.

And ya, O'Shea is nothing but forthcoming with the media

O'Shea said he was released because of off field issues. Do you really think that O'Shea would make stuff up in order to somehow save face? He doesn't strike me as a guy would would publicly lie about something as straight forward as releasing a guy of the PR, because there's no benefit to him or the organization in doing so.

I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value. And "off field issues" could be anything, including my theory.

That returns us to tburg's question of how that saves us face?

Any team can can pull someone off of another team's PR. And any team can block that trade by putting them on their AR.

That returns us to tburg's question of how that saves us face?

Any team can can pull someone off of another team's PR. And any team can block that trade by putting them on their AR.

Because for that to work, Tajh has to want to leave Winnipeg and go to Montreal. PR's aren't like waiver claims.