Glenn To Alouettes

Noeller

I'd take Glenn as a backup to Willy... but I wouldn't want him starting for my team anymore. He's just not as good as he once was.

IF nichols left for greener pastures and IF davis or boyd show fhat they some serious seasoning to do.. Then sure.. Otherwise no.

Doesn't matter. Glenn, now give the Als a viable chance to get in the playoffs...something you couldn't say yesterday.

Actually, I'm confident that you still can't say it.  I chock this one up to "desperate times call for desperate measures" and there ain't nothing more desperate than pinning your playoff hopes to Kevin "When the going gets tough, throw the pick-6 and get the heck out of there" Glenn.

So, to be clear, you don't think KG gives them a hope against Hamilton, Toronto, or Edmonton..as opposed to a hope-in-hell with the QBs they already have?

No, I really don't.  At his best, Kevin Glenn was never a top tier QB, and now, he's far from his best.  If you've watched him over the past little while, it's really clear that he's lost a step or two.  So while he's probably better than Marsh or the other guy, he's no where near good enough to make any serious difference.

Off to rescue yet another team with a mess at QB. Glenn is the CFL's Littlest Hobo.

I wonder ... if Ricky Ray is available this winter, does Glenn get shoved aside yet again?

Sask and BC will probably be looking for experience behind center in the off-season, so Ray won't be unemployed too long.  Harris looks more than good enough to start next year.

Off to rescue yet another team with a mess at QB. Glenn is the CFL's Littlest Hobo.

I wonder ... if Ricky Ray is available this winter, does Glenn get shoved aside yet again?

Lulay might be available as well. I can't see Glenn starting for Montreal or any other team in the league on opening day barring pre season injury.

Als  have a good OL. If he has the time to throw he has a chance to beat any team.

<insert Jim Carey "Dumb and Dumber meme>

Lol, sure he has a chance.  So do you or I if we are the starting QB, 1/1,000,000 maybe but it's still a chance.  I'll grant that Glenn's chances are likely a little better than ours.

The CFL Trade Deadline is about 4 weeks too late in the season. NFL is week 6.

NFL trade deadline is not week 6. This year it's November 3.

The league and the PA moved the NFL trade deadline to week 8 in 2012.

And yes, agrees the CFL trade deadline is a bit late. I wouldn't mind seeing it be the week of labour day, or the week after personally.

Als  have a good OL. If he has the time to throw he has a chance to beat any team.

<insert Jim Carey "Dumb and Dumber meme>

Lol, sure he has a chance.  So do you or I if we are the starting QB, 1/1,000,000 maybe but it's still a chance.  I'll grant that Glenn's chances are likely a little better than ours.

No, Glenn can throw the football better than you & me. The guy is a pro qb. He's he's the best qb the Als could find & certainly better than Crompton, Marsh & Cato. He was the best qb the Als could get & he came cheap. 

6th 7th... whatever really, those picks don't usually turn in to anything, bombers gave up a guy that would't make the team, als pretty much did too. 

Pierre Labbe and Chris Greaves are flipping you a pair of birds right now.

Also, Billy Pavalopolous is in your garage stealing cans of solvent.

6th 7th... whatever really, those picks don't usually turn in to anything, bombers gave up a guy that would't make the team, als pretty much did too. 

Billy just got released, so stealing solvent is a likely scenario.

Billy just got released, so stealing solvent is a likely scenario.

Already. I thought he was just signed.

Love the comments that Sask.could have got more for him.  We got Matt Nichols for a conditional 7th... :ph34r:

Don't give me that Glenn is apparently signed through next season either.  Whoopdee do.  I'll take Nichols with the potential of him leaving after this season over Glenn guaranteed for the next 5 years, thanks.

I'd take Glenn as a backup to Willy... but I wouldn't want him starting for my team anymore. He's just not as good as he once was.

IF nichols left for greener pastures and IF davis or boyd show fhat they some serious seasoning to do.. Then sure.. Otherwise no.

Wait are you implying you'd rather have Nichols than Glenn as the backup qb? Cause Glenn is head and shoulders a better quarterback than Matt Nichols has ever been or will ever be. 

Wait are you implying you'd rather have Nichols than Glenn as the backup qb? Cause Glenn is head and shoulders a better quarterback than Matt Nichols has ever been or will ever be. 

Really? I sure don't have Nichols pegged as the next Flutie, but Glenn is far from that himself. Not to mention we're talking about 2015 and beyond Kevin Glenn...

Really? I sure don't have Nichols pegged as the next Flutie, but Glenn is far from that himself. Not to mention we're talking about 2015 and beyond Kevin Glenn...

As opposed to never was Matt Nichols.... I get that Nichols has injected some life here, but being better than Brohm or Marve is a pretty ******* low bar here guys.