Last chance saloon ...

IC Khari

How can you not watch the games when they're on? The offseason drags on and on and on any Bomber game is worth watching.

You know what drives me up the F'n wall is when people say "I shut the game off, I couldn't watch anymore"  How pathetic a fan to not even watch the game. I never miss a second of a Rider game no matter what the score is, period.. no exceptions. If I can't be home or something important has me away, I tape it and watch every second as soon as I can.

Oh look, it's SuperFan. I've been a fan for over 30 yrs, sometimes you have to look away from a trainwreck. You know what drives me up the F'n wall? People who think "their" level of being a fan is better than anyone elses. GFY.

Agreed. Typical for that other poster to bring the discussion around to the green R word. Any reason they think to mention that team seems ok by them.

We scored one TD on O.   And that.... took two 3rd down gambles on a 50 yd drive.

And an illegal block. We were over due to catch a break though.

That wasn't a block. It was just a collision. Stoudermire was running his route and the BC player ran into him.

I dunno. I thought they caught a break there. Intentional or not there was illegal contact.

The best (worst) call he made last night was that QB draw after hammering the run game and intermediate passing game on the previous 7 plays. What did he think was going to happen? Even Nichols hates the playbook.

Worked though. Would have worked better if the left guard blocked anyone.

I honestly don't know how people expect any offensive coordinator to build even an average running game with so many overmatched OL. Capers wasn't getting off the line at all. He looked fine at tackle. Neufeld looks bad everywhere. Routinely getting bullied off the line by guys like Khreem Smith in the run game. Just brutal.

Agreed re: Capers. I thought he looked much better at tackle than guard. I'd much rather see Goosen at lg & Capers at rt.

We scored one TD on O. And that.... took two 3rd down gambles on a 50 yd drive.

That wasn't a block. It was just a collision. Stoudermire was running his route and the BC player ran into him.
I dunno. I thought they caught a break there. Intentional or not there was illegal contact.

Is it illegal contact if you are running your route and the dB runs in to you. Both guys were on the field for a bit after. Neither saw it coming.

We scored one TD on O.   And that.... took two 3rd down gambles on a 50 yd drive.

If it was illegal contact...then the Lions get called

If it was illegal contact...then the Lions get called

LOL - and if it was BC making that play - what you say then? One thing I always try to be is OBJECTIVE - I never put my 'bomber' glasses on when judging a call made by an official (or not made in some cases). That was interference every day and twice on Sunday. The officials didn't see it (or saw it peripherally and couldn't call it). 

IF next year teams are able to challenge offensive pass interference - and that play happens again - it will be called a penalty every time.

That being said - the hit on Kohlert was to the head and should have also been a penalty - and I don't know how many times in the past few years a bomber QB has taken a bad hit with no calls made. In the same game the bombers D doing less are called every time. Worst official for that was Murray whathisface who has been demoted to a back judge or something now because of his obvious bias against certain teams (especially Winnipeg) so I'm not going to 'complain' about the non-call. I'm sure the Lions fans are but welcome to our world. 

Maybe the tide is turning - with MOS doing things quietly behind closed doors the officials are starting to give us the same leeway they give other teams. 

Wpg... @Ott,  Ott,  Bye, @Tor
BC ... @Edm,  Ham, @Tor,  Cgy
Mtl...  Ham, @Tor, @Edm,  Ssk

I think, for the Bombers the magic # of win is 2. Win 2 of 3 remaining games and I think we are in. We are in good position playoff wise and our fate is still in our own hands.

BC's next 4 games are tough and let's hope the 1st in the West is not yet settled until the last week of the regular season so Cgy will not take their foot off the gas.

Mtl might have a gimme vs. Riders since they are on advance TC mode already but their next 3 remaining games is also though and they require to have more win than whoever is ahead of us or BC.

Just win baby. Go Bombers!

I think, for the Bombers the magic # of win is 2. Win 2 of 3 remaining games and I think we are in. We are in good position playoff wise and our fate is still in our own hands.

BC's next 4 games are tough and let's hope the 1st in the West is not yet settled until the last week of the regular season so Cgy will not take their foot off the gas.

Mtl might have a gimme vs. Riders since they are on advance TC mode already but their next 3 remaining games is also though and they require to have more win than whoever is ahead of us or BC.

Out of those 11 remaining games it would be a minor miracle if BC, Mtl. and Wpg. generate more then two wins between the three of them.  My guess is Wpg. wins one against the RB's to secure the last playoff spot,  Mtl. beats Sask. and BC gets shut out.

Out of those 11 remaining games it would be a minor miracle if BC, Mtl. and Wpg. generate more then two wins between the three of them.  My guess is Wpg. wins one against the RB's to secure the last playoff spot,  Mtl. beats Sask. and BC gets shut out.

According to Chris Schultz, he said at halftime of our game that BC is the most dangerous team in the league. Of course that jinxed them and we shut them down the rest of the game and squeaked out the narrow victory.

I'm curious only this is not a MOS bash but what if he doesn't replace MB in the offseason? What if he really believes that it's not MB'S fault?That's it losing our staring qb lack of a good oline etc etc.Then what?

Then we dust off our torches and pitchforks and storm the gates.  Duh.

He better not be here next year.

What you need to consider is which teams will be resting players down the stretch...

CGY (11-4) & EDM (11-4) are battling for the first round bye and WSF homefield advantage. If both keeps their winning ways it would be a tight race to the finish. I believe CGY EDM has the tie-breaker.

Same thing in the East for HAM (9-5), TOR (9-5) and OTT (8-6). HAM has all the tie-breakers.

Ths is a tight 3-race (WSF home, ESF home, 3rd West/crossover) to the finish. I see no team resting players.

What you need to consider is which teams will be resting players down the stretch...

CGY (11-4) & EDM (11-4) are battling for the first round bye and WSF homefield advantage. If both keeps their winning ways it would be a tight race to the finish. I believe CGY has the tie-breaker.

Same thing in the East for HAM (9-5), TOR (9-5) and OTT (8-6). HAM has all the tie-breakers.

Ths is a tight 3-race (WSF home, ESF home, 3rd West/crossover) to the finish. I see no team resting players.

The standings on CFL.ca currently has Edmonton in 1st place and Calgary in 2nd.  So I think Edmonton has the tie breaker.

CGY (11-4) & EDM (11-4) are battling for the first round bye and WSF homefield advantage. If both keeps their winning ways it would be a tight race to the finish. I believe CGY has the tie-breaker.

The standings on CFL.ca currently has Edmonton in 1st place and Calgary in 2nd. So I think Edmonton has the tie breaker.

That's correct. Edmonton won the season series against Calgary this year.

The standings on CFL.ca currently has Edmonton in 1st place and Calgary in 2nd. So I think Edmonton has the tie breaker.

That's correct. Edmonton won the season series against Calgary this year.

Thanks. I stand corrected.

Have to say....MOS talked about playoff mode....and proceeded to coach like it (finally).   We have playoff calibre D and ST (with Wild and if Castillo is not a mirage).  

But this O.....could still hold things up.  Yet another horrible 1st half, and finally a late TD, on a drive that required two 3rd down gambles, to go 50 yds.

My major concerns with Mike...... was that somehow his attitude/intensity as a player, was not being transferred to the team as a whole, and his specility...ST's were subpar.   Watching the way he coached and his demeanor on the sidelines, the other night....it looked like he might of turned the corner on those.   Which would give us the quality HC, we invisioned, when O'Shea came aboard.

Be real interesting to watch this down the stretch......

Have to say....MOS talked about playoff mode....and proceeded to coach like it (finally).   We have playoff calibre D and ST (with Wild and if Castillo is not a mirage).  

But this O.....could still hold things up.  Yet another horrible 1st half, and finally a late TD, on a drive that required two 3rd down gambles, to go 50 yds.

My major concerns with Mike...... was that somehow his attitude/intensity as a player, was not being transferred to the team as a whole, and his specility...ST's were subpar.   Watching the way he coached and his demeanor on the sidelines, the other night....it looked like he might of turned the corner on those.   Which would give us the quality HC, we invisioned, when O'Shea came aboard.

If I recall correctly O'Shea dialed it up for one game last year as well at which time many were convinced he'd turned the corner.  Unfortunately that was an illusion and he reverted to the same passive/aggressive Mike we have seen most of this season.  

In the post-game interview with Bob Irving, Mike said that "play-off mode" could not be sustained over a number of weeks if it wasn't actually true, stating that it was "too much" to ask the players to believe it week after week.  I think O'Shea in some ways is too honest with his players and lacks the acting skills necessary to play the heavy motivator to get an elevated performance out of this team.  The D seems to be responding to the challenge but the O is still floundering and doesn't seem to have the ability to rise to the next level even if they wanted to.

If I recall correctly O'Shea dialed it up for one game last year as well at which time many were convinced he'd turned the corner.  Unfortunately that was an illusion and he reverted to the same passive/aggressive Mike we have seen most of this season.  

In the post-game interview with Bob Irving, Mike said that "play-off mode" could not be sustained over a number of weeks if it wasn't actually true, stating that it was "too much" to ask the players to believe it week after week.  I think O'Shea in some ways is too honest with his players and lacks the acting skills necessary to play the heavy motivator to get an elevated performance out of this team.  The D seems to be responding to the challenge but the O is still floundering and doesn't seem to have the ability to rise to the next level even if they wanted to.

The flaws in O is more to do with Marcel and not with O'Shea though.

MOS has shown he deserves another year. Though I would NOT extend him until the end of 2016. 

Obviously MB has to go and Richie should be kept around. 

But the tough call we likely won't make is keeping Walters. If there was a way to get Murphy I sure would. 

Walters might leave on his own to Guelph.