Last chance saloon ...

IC Khari

MOS has shown he deserves another year. Though I would NOT extend him until the end of 2016. 

Obviously MB has to go and Richie should be kept around. 

But the tough call we likely won't make is keeping Walters. If there was a way to get Murphy I sure would. 

Walters might leave on his own to Guelph.

Coach Mike Riley might become available in the off-season. Would he be a good GM candidate?

I think O'shea was right in that whole playoff mode do or die stuff, look at Montreal, they were told the game vs US was basically do or die, they were treating it as a playoff game, they won sure but what have they done since? Lose every game they have played and only pick up points in garbage time in those games, they have looked awful actually. 

Prior to this game vs BC, those other games weren't do or die, they really weren't, they would have been nice to win and we probably should have won vs Edmonton if not for our kicker but... those games really weren't do or die games, this one vs BC was and special teams and D responded... the O is all marcel and O'shea has made it quite clear that the O is Marcel and just Marcel, the O wasn't great, they were terrible really for 3, ok almost the full 4 quarters, actually yeah they were awful all game,  D and Special teams won the game.. It shows tho that even though the O is garbage, that if you win 2 of the 3 phases in football, you can win a game.. That last game vs BC proved it... you don't need your O to be dominant, yeah it would help cuz if they were, that game vs Edmonton and vs Calgary for that matter and last week vs BC, they wouldn't have been close and we'd probably be on a 3 game win streak with just an average O but... the O isn't average, they are awful. The O is the biggest problem on the team but...they had 1 turnover all game and that was on a 3rd and 1.5 gamble that was stuffed, win the turnover battle, win the game... even with a crappy O.

MOS has shown he deserves another year. Though I would NOT extend him until the end of 2016. 

But the tough call we likely won't make is keeping Walters. If there was a way to get Murphy I sure would. 

Coach Mike Riley might become available in the off-season. Would he be a good GM candidate?

Sometimes before posting, you gotta ask yourself... why would he want too? The guy has money, he has a family, why would he want too. I don't see why he would want too and it's kind of pointless to mention his name even. 

Walters might leave on his own to Guelph.

Sometimes before posting, you gotta ask yourself... why would he want *to? The guy has money, he has a family, why would he want *to. I don't see why he would want *to and it's kind of pointless to mention his name even.
fyp

I thought Riley was in his first year with the Huskers?

Sometimes before posting, you gotta ask yourself... why would he want *to? The guy has money, he has a family, why would he want *to. I don't see why he would want *to and it's kind of pointless to mention his name even.

fyp

To funny.

fyp

To funny.

Sometimes before posting, you gotta ask yourself... why would he want too? The guy has money, he has a family, why would he want too. I don't see why he would want too and it's kind of pointless to mention his name even. 

I can throw the opposite question to you too. If money is important to you maybe not that much to him.

Thing is no one knows Mike Riley than Mike Riley himself. Can you read his mind?

What if he will agree to come back (if the opportunity present itself) and like to face the challenge of ending Bombers Grey Cup drought, a team he (and his father) has a rich history with?

Btw, he might be on the thin ice at Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/125113/as-problems-mount-judgment-must-wait-on-mike-riley-at-nebraska

At least the last few weeks will have some excitement and interest for Bomberfans for a change :)

That's very true... but it's a little disappointing that we're only still in it b/c of the futility from Sask, BC, and Mtl...

I said in another post that it is so frustrating to sit through another shoulda/woulda/coulda, season... with little to no extra effort, just some execution we should be 8-7 right now... and battling for 2nd place (with a 9-6 Calgary team that we have the tie-break on... in my fantasy scenario!)

Have to say....MOS talked about playoff mode....and proceeded to coach like it (finally).   We have playoff calibre D and ST (with Wild and if Castillo is not a mirage).  

But this O.....could still hold things up.  Yet another horrible 1st half, and finally a late TD, on a drive that required two 3rd down gambles, to go 50 yds.

My major concerns with Mike...... was that somehow his attitude/intensity as a player, was not being transferred to the team as a whole, and his specility...ST's were subpar.   Watching the way he coached and his demeanor on the sidelines, the other night....it looked like he might of turned the corner on those.   Which would give us the quality HC, we invisioned, when O'Shea came aboard.

Be real interesting to watch this down the stretch......

If I recall correctly O'Shea dialed it up for one game last year as well at which time many were convinced he'd turned the corner.  Unfortunately that was an illusion and he reverted to the same passive/aggressive Mike we have seen most of this season.  

In the post-game interview with Bob Irving, Mike said that "play-off mode" could not be sustained over a number of weeks if it wasn't actually true, stating that it was "too much" to ask the players to believe it week after week.  I think O'Shea in some ways is too honest with his players and lacks the acting skills necessary to play the heavy motivator to get an elevated performance out of this team.  The D seems to be responding to the challenge but the O is still floundering and doesn't seem to have the ability to rise to the next level even if they wanted to.

O'Shea said that the players could not be expected to crank it up enough to challenge for a playoff spot for more than a short period?!?!?!?

Never thought a month ago that the game I'm going to at the end of the year in Toronto would actually be meaningful.

Hope it's not the game on the 23rd... because that's in Hamilton now!  3rd time the Argo's are getting kicked out this season.

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5964154-argos-forced-to-reschedule-another-home-game/