BANJO BOWL

Atomic

That's one big thing about MOS I don't understand.  Why he starts 8 Canadians.  It's like he's trying to prove something, and really, whatever he's trying to prove....it's not working.

Again, this is not worth arguing.  We roster the same number of canucks as every other team.  This "we start 8 Canadians" thing is really rather irrelevant. 

Still starting 8 Canadians

Yeah, I don't get it... basically Willie sits because Longo is in - going with JFG and Kohlert again...

Starting Shell at Safety instead of Sherman or Jones seems strange to me as well

Longo slides in relatively cleanly, just needed a roster spot, no ratio issue.  Just means that both of the scratches to get to 44 will be imports, likely Kearney and Johnson.  Veltung is knocking Willie off.

Sherman can't cover well enough to take a regular spot in the secondary, Jones is a corner, not a safety.  If anything I'd use Simmons at safety a bit.  Shell has lost many steps.

Leggett is a cornerback too, what's your point.

Sherman and Jones are probably the fastest guys on our roster...  I'll take a safety with closing speed over Lin-J Shell - if anything he should backup at SAM

Veltung and Johnson probably sit...  still drives me nuts that Rempel, Cronk AND Pontbriand take up spots on this roster

Liking this because it's always struck me as odd seeing 3 FBs rostered on game day .. 

Yeah, I don't get it... basically Willie sits because Longo is in - going with JFG and Kohlert again...

Starting Shell at Safety instead of Sherman or Jones seems strange to me as well

Longo slides in relatively cleanly, just needed a roster spot, no ratio issue. Just means that both of the scratches to get to 44 will be imports, likely Kearney and Johnson. Veltung is knocking Willie off.

Sherman can't cover well enough to take a regular spot in the secondary, Jones is a corner, not a safety. If anything I'd use Simmons at safety a bit. Shell has lost many steps.

Sherman and Jones are probably the fastest guys on our roster... I'll take a safety with closing speed over Lin-J Shell - if anything he should backup at SAM

Veltung and Johnson probably sit... still drives me nuts that Rempel, Cronk AND Pontbriand take up spots on this roster

Sherman? Fast? What??? I must be watching a different guy.

That's one big thing about MOS I don't understand.  Why he starts 8 Canadians.  It's like he's trying to prove something, and really, whatever he's trying to prove....it's not working.

Again, this is not worth arguing.  We roster the same number of canucks as every other team.  This "we start 8 Canadians" thing is really rather irrelevant. 

It isn't irrelevant when we have the worst Canadian talent in the CFL & we start 8 instead of 7. Tells you how weak our American talent is as well. To me, it's very relevant. 

It isn't irrelevant when we have the worse Canadian talent in the CFL & we start 8 instead of 7. Tells you how weak our American talent is as well. To me, it's very relevant. 

What I mean is that "starting" 8 Canadians isn't really as significant as people make it out to be.  7, 8, 9 whatever the number is of Nationals listed first on the depth chart is not really an indicator of substantial playing time.  So we list 8 as starters?  We still have the same number on the game day roster as everyone else.  

As it has been said, if anything this makes it easier to sub guys in and out and not have to worry so much about checking their passport before they run onto the field. 

These 8 Canadians start & get significant playing time.You think MOS starts them for 1 series & then benches one? What would be the purpose of that? Our American talent is the worst in the CFL as well which is why we start 8. Putting in another American & taking out that 8th Canadian doesn't help us either. We've had nearly 2 seasons to upgrade our American talent & it hasn't happened. 

Longo slides in relatively cleanly, just needed a roster spot, no ratio issue.  Just means that both of the scratches to get to 44 will be imports, likely Kearney and Johnson.  Veltung is knocking Willie off.

Sherman can't cover well enough to take a regular spot in the secondary, Jones is a corner, not a safety.  If anything I'd use Simmons at safety a bit.  Shell has lost many steps.

Sherman and Jones are probably the fastest guys on our roster...  I'll take a safety with closing speed over Lin-J Shell - if anything he should backup at SAM

Veltung and Johnson probably sit...  still drives me nuts that Rempel, Cronk AND Pontbriand take up spots on this roster

Has Leggett ever played corner in the CFL?  He's been a safety/outside linebacker since day 1 up here.  My point is that you can't just plug a guy into a significantly different position he's never even practiced in and expect him to succeed.  It's not a video game.

You're really shocked that there are players in the bottom third of our roster who are on it to play special teams?  Welcome to the CFL.

It isn't irrelevant when we have the worse Canadian talent in the CFL & we start 8 instead of 7. Tells you how weak our American talent is as well. To me, it's very relevant. 

What I mean is that "starting" 8 Canadians isn't really as significant as people make it out to be.  7, 8, 9 whatever the number is of Nationals listed first on the depth chart is not really an indicator of substantial playing time.  So we list 8 as starters?  We still have the same number on the game day roster as everyone else.  

As it has been said, if anything this makes it easier to sub guys in and out and not have to worry so much about checking their passport before they run onto the field. 

Plus some flexibility with in-game injuries, not stuck having to strictly sub a NI for a NI on each side of the ball if someone goes down.  The teams starting 7 are the minority in recent years.

In listening to Nichols presser today, he says one of his main goals is to get rid of the ball quickly, and that making the OL protect for 3-4 seconds is too much to ask. I’m thinking this offense could look a lot better with Nichols at the helm. Willy’s tendency to hold onto the ball so long was one of the major reasons for giving up as many sacks the past couple years. Sure would be nice to see us go on a nice run…

3-4 seconds eh. Wonder if that takes into account the full second it takes for the ball to get to the QB

In listening to Nichols presser today, he says one of his main goals is to get rid of the ball quickly, and that making the OL protect for 3-4 seconds is too much to ask. I’m thinking this offense could look a lot better with Nichols at the helm. Willy’s tendency to hold onto the ball so long was one of the major reasons for giving up as many sacks the past couple years. Sure would be nice to see us go on a nice run…

3-4 seconds eh. Wonder if that takes into account the full second it takes for the ball to get to the QB

Plus the half second it takes for him to get his eyes up after pulling the snap off his shoe.

Plus the half second it takes for him to get his eyes up after pulling the snap off his shoe.

Hey whoa whoa whoa.. The snaps are never low. Always high and either face level or higher lol. They do float too.. Not a smooth snap by any stretch.

Longo slides in relatively cleanly, just needed a roster spot, no ratio issue. Just means that both of the scratches to get to 44 will be imports, likely Kearney and Johnson. Veltung is knocking Willie off.

Sherman can't cover well enough to take a regular spot in the secondary, Jones is a corner, not a safety. If anything I'd use Simmons at safety a bit. Shell has lost many steps.

Sherman and Jones are probably the fastest guys on our roster... I'll take a safety with closing speed over Lin-J Shell - if anything he should backup at SAM

Veltung and Johnson probably sit... still drives me nuts that Rempel, Cronk AND Pontbriand take up spots on this roster

Has Leggett ever played corner in the CFL? He's been a safety/outside linebacker since day 1 up here. My point is that you can't just plug a guy into a significantly different position he's never even practiced in and expect him to succeed. It's not a video game.

You're really shocked that there are players in the bottom third of our roster who are on it to play special teams? Welcome to the CFL.

I'm shocked that our bottom three are a downgrade from west, labbe and cvet

Has Leggett ever played corner in the CFL? He's been a safety/outside linebacker since day 1 up here. My point is that you can't just plug a guy into a significantly different position he's never even practiced in and expect him to succeed. It's not a video game.

You're really shocked that there are players in the bottom third of our roster who are on it to play special teams? Welcome to the CFL.

I'm shocked that our bottom three are a downgrade from west, labbe and cvet

Lol.

Johnny Adams better play like an adult this week or his rook of the year nomination is in jeopardy.

And if Nichols can actually get the ball away quickly and bring some tempo and urgency to the O, that would be good.

Also, it would be nice to see if Winnipeg can run the ball at all.

Hope they put in some running play outside of the tackles instead of up the middle constantly, i would also like to see the bombers try and go no huddle for the first series.

Johnny Adams better play like an adult this week or his rook of the year nomination is in jeopardy.

And if Nichols can actually get the ball away quickly and bring some tempo and urgency to the O, that would be good.

Well, he's ineligible for rookie of the year so no worries there.

Hope they put in some running play outside of the tackles instead of up the middle constantly, i would also like to see the bombers try and go no huddle for the first series.

Hope the OL block somebody on any play.

Why is he ineligible?

Why is he ineligible?

Because he dressed for a few games in the NFL.