BANJO BOWL

Atomic

Still starting 8 Canadians

Yeah, I don't get it... basically Willie sits because Longo is in - going with JFG and Kohlert again...

Starting Shell at Safety instead of Sherman or Jones seems strange to me as well

Longo slides in relatively cleanly, just needed a roster spot, no ratio issue.  Just means that both of the scratches to get to 44 will be imports, likely Kearney and Johnson.  Veltung is knocking Willie off.

Sherman can't cover well enough to take a regular spot in the secondary, Jones is a corner, not a safety.  If anything I'd use Simmons at safety a bit.  Shell has lost many steps.

Wow! Winnipeggers and Bomber fans in particular are an optimistic lot. On the flip side, should the Big Blue stink the joint out, there are going to be a lot of boos and epithets raining down on them. I see this game as the current edition of the Bombers' last chance to redeem themselves against a long-term rival.

If the Bombers win, many will say that its just the pathetic Riders, so no big deal, but if the Bombers lose....

No pressure though.

Wow! Winnipeggers and Bomber fans in particular are an optimistic lot. On the flip side, should the Big Blue stink the joint out, there are going to be a lot of boos and epithets raining down on them. I see this game as the current edition of the Bombers' last chance to redeem themselves against a long-term rival.

If the Bombers win, many will say that its just the pathetic Riders, so no big deal, but if the Bombers lose....

No pressure though.

Just proves what a bunch of cheapskates winnipegers are doesn't it? 

Longo slides in relatively cleanly, just needed a roster spot, no ratio issue.  Just means that both of the scratches to get to 44 will be imports, likely Kearney and Johnson.  Veltung is knocking Willie off.

I think Kearney will stay on on the 44. I can't see us going without a backup import db.  I think we'll sit Veltung and Johnson. Veltung isn't necessary if he's not starting at receiver or our primary returner.

I think Kearney will stay on on the 44. I can't see us going without a backup import db.  I think we'll sit Veltung and Johnson. Veltung isn't necessary if he's not starting at receiver or our primary returner.

I really prefer Veltung than Stoudermire, to be honest. But with O'Shea taking over the ST maybe Stoudermire gets a big game tomorrow. Who knows.

In listening to Nichols presser today, he says one of his main goals is to get rid of the ball quickly, and that making the OL protect for 3-4 seconds is too much to ask.  I’m thinking this offense could look a lot better with Nichols at the helm.   Willy’s tendency to hold onto the ball so long was one of the major reasons for giving up as many sacks the past couple years.  Sure would be nice to see us go on a nice run…

Still starting 8 Canadians

Yeah, I don't get it... basically Willie sits because Longo is in - going with JFG and Kohlert again...

Starting Shell at Safety instead of Sherman or Jones seems strange to me as well

Sherman can't cover well enough to take a regular spot in the secondary, Jones is a corner, not a safety.  If anything I'd use Simmons at safety a bit.  Shell has lost many steps.

Leggett is a cornerback too, what's your point.

Sherman and Jones are probably the fastest guys on our roster...  I'll take a safety with closing speed over Lin-J Shell - if anything he should backup at SAM

Veltung and Johnson probably sit...  still drives me nuts that Rempel, Cronk AND Pontbriand take up spots on this roster