BANJO BOWL

Atomic

During the broadcast they said Glenn wants to play another 3 or 4 seasons. I don't know about that...

Oh I have no doubts at all that he wants to....

He wants to make his second rounds of the CFL before he retires.

During the broadcast they said Glenn wants to play another 3 or 4 seasons. I don't know about that...

Got to hand it to Glenn, discouragement does not seem to be apart of his vocabulary.

Calling it the Retirement tour I heard. Being sponsored by Tim Horton's.

mike o'shea needs a day off. He sounded exhausted post game interview.

Well he was using the smelling salts before kick off

I bet riders wished they had traded for Nichols a few weeks ago but it sounds like Glenn is ready to come back

I think the smelling salts are a pre game ritual. Sort of like pounding the shoulder pads.

Got to hand it to Glenn, discouragement does not seem to be apart of his vocabulary.

I am not a big Glenn fan but you kind of have to admire how he has bounced around from team to team finding at least limited success while not looking at alll like a football player. You look at Willy, he's skinny but tall in the mold of the NFL quarterbacks. Glenn doesn't look like he has the muscularity to take linemen hits but he has been doing this for years.  He must have some fortitude and positivity. I still don't want him on my team.

Ill say this, as much as i liked Nichols last game, if Nichols isn't going to sign with us next season, still think he does, but if he doesn't... I'd be willing to trade for Glenn, he's good insurance, probably the best backup in the league when healthy and actually knows his role. Don't think it would take much to get him out of riderville, maybe a 3rd round pick even, don't think i'd offer more than that but... if Nichols decides to try to be a starter elsewhere, I'd consider making a move for Glenn. 

He still has to play for the Eskimos, Als, and actually dress for the Argos and Redblacks to fulfill his CFL BINGO

I bet riders wished they had traded for Nichols a few weeks ago but it sounds like Glenn is ready to come back

I think the smelling salts are a pre game ritual. Sort of like pounding the shoulder pads.

On that topic... I've noticed a lot of guys hit shoulder pads instead of helmets in celebration now... and I really like that... nothing makes me cringe more than I guy (especially one with concussion history) getting smacked in the head a bunch of times after making a nice play...

Spot a team 5 turnovers...give them 7 points..shut them down the rest of the way. That was an epic performance by the defence. Sure it was Sask., but they owned them tonight. Westerman, Turner, Peach, Cole - great game.

Defence - 4 sacks, could have had 2-3 more.

Leggett, Hurl and Bass were dominant.

The secondary smothered the receivers. This D got help from an offence and it showed what they can do.

Impressive to shut a team down when you initially have more turnovers than points...

Leggett can do a lot of things.  He's able to show that being closer to the LOS.  I liked their 30 fronts with all the backers on the field.  Hurl has been playing very well and now taking on more of a role on 2nd downs in recent weeks.

Couldn't agree more... I fell like the defence adds another dimension when Simmons is out there too.... Imagine having Bass, Simmons, Muamba and Leggett on the field at once...

On that topic... I've noticed a lot of guys hit shoulder pads instead of helmets in celebration now... and I really like that... nothing makes me cringe more than I guy (especially one with concussion history) getting smacked in the head a bunch of times after making a nice play...

The celebratory hits to the head are love taps. It's the helmet to helmet,  push against push that generates massive force that bounces the old brain around like a baby rattle. If you already have a concussion then any little tap is a pain but if no concussion the love taps are nothing. I remember these things even though it was a long time ago. 

Spot a team 5 turnovers...give them 7 points..shut them down the rest of the way. That was an epic performance by the defence. Sure it was Sask., but they owned them tonight. Westerman, Turner, Peach, Cole - great game.

The secondary smothered the receivers. This D got help from an offence and it showed what they can do.

Impressive to shut a team down when you initially have more turnovers than points...

Leggett can do a lot of things.  He's able to show that being closer to the LOS.  I liked their 30 fronts with all the backers on the field.  Hurl has been playing very well and now taking on more of a role on 2nd downs in recent weeks.

Couldn't agree more... I fell like the defence adds another dimension when Simmons is out there too.... Imagine having Bass, Simmons, Muamba and Leggett on the field at once...

I would pee my pants before every game and I'm not that old.

Are you sure this has to do with the game?

Are you sure this has to do with the game?

LOL! 

hapssh.gif

Knew that was going to be hit of the game as soon as it happened (despite the PA announcing it was a Washington hit on Dressler)!

There were quite a few good hits.  Messam got stood up nicely by Leggett towards the end of the game and isn't practicing right now (concussion protocol).

Two things about this... 1. I was very impressed with Leggett when he stood up Messam... he gives up about 40 pounds and he stopped him dead in his tracks.... 2. interesting that Messam in NOW following concussion protocol... he seemed to be knocked out cold briefly and the Riders decided he didn't need to go through the in-game protocol...