Hufnagel going to Riders?

kelownabomberfan

Rumour of Chamblin being fired-

Peterson: Thats ridiculous and preposterous.  How could anybody think of such a thing

Rumour of Huff to the Riders-

Petersen:  Now it's just a rumour, but I love where this is going. 

Ha, I thought the same thing.  He gets on his high horse and calls out the Winnipeg reporters last month but because he loves this rumour he runs with it.   But covers his bases by saying "I caution you, it's just a rumour"

Also loved that when the firings did happen last week he went out of his way to still say the it didn't validate what Lawless and Penton we're saying a month ago... cause it wasn't true then and happened two weeks after they said it so doesn't count.  

Unfortunately, I think the team making this decision is too thickheaded to do something like that, so the chances that any of them would come here is probably nil...as much as I would want that.

"Huff is available?  No no, we're just going to stick with MOS and see what he can do."  Don't get me wrong, I like Mike, but I'd get rid of him for Huff in a heartbeat.  Or demote him to STC

sigh...

Huffer's options are not all that numerous. Pretty much all the CFL teams are comfortable with their coach-GM combos except for the Riders and Bombers, so if it is going to happen, it will happen there. Don't see it happening in Winnipeg, though, so the Riders may be the only horse in that race.

Honestly I don't know how Calgary lets him walk away. Are we really supposed to think that if he wants to keep coaching they'd push him away to roll the dice on Dickenson? As good an OC as Dickenson is he might not be cut out to be a head coach, at least they already know Hufnagel is arguably the best coach in the league. I suspect if there is any truth to this the Stamps keep Hufnagel and whatever happens with Dickenson happens. 

http://www.newstalk770.com/2015/09/10/74733/?sc_ref=twitter

Calgary Stampeders head coach and GM John Hufnagel is taking on the rumour mill head-on.
Hufnagel is responding to a report that he was heading to Saskatchewan.
His full statement:

In response to rumours regarding my future in the Canadian Football League with a club other than the Calgary Stampeders, I feel the need to express the fact that I am extremely happy and proud to be a member of the Stampeders, I’m under contract with the club beyond the 2015 season and I intend to honour that commitment.
I’m very pleased with our organization and all we have achieved, and I look forward to many future successes.
After reconfirming these intentions to our fans, players and organization, I hope everyone’s focus remains entirely on having a tremendous 2015 season, not speculation or false rumours about the future.

http://www.newstalk770.com/2015/09/10/74733/?sc_ref=twitter

Calgary Stampeders head coach and GM John Hufnagel is taking on the rumour mill head-on.

Hufnagel is responding to a report that he was heading to Saskatchewan.

His full statement:

In response to rumours regarding my future in the Canadian Football League with a club other than the Calgary Stampeders, I feel the need to express the fact that I am extremely happy and proud to be a member of the Stampeders, I’m under contract with the club beyond the 2015 season and I intend to honour that commitment.

I’m very pleased with our organization and all we have achieved, and I look forward to many future successes.

After reconfirming these intentions to our fans, players and organization, I hope everyone’s focus remains entirely on having a tremendous 2015 season, not speculation or false rumours about the future.

WHGi867.gif

Stamps President Gordon Norrie ripped Madani a new one on twitter. Honestly is Arash a reliable source or does he just like to stir the pot.

An aside, but you ever notice how much you use "honestly" in your posts....."honestly, is Arash a reliable source, really?" would be a common post.....I find it amusing. :)

Huffer's options are not all that numerous. Pretty much all the CFL teams are comfortable with their coach-GM combos except for the Riders and Bombers, so if it is going to happen, it will happen there. Don't see it happening in Winnipeg, though, so the Riders may be the only horse in that race.

As far as I know, the only people who are uncomfortable with the coach/GM combos around here are the fans and the media. 

Stamps President Gordon Norrie ripped Madani a new one on twitter. Honestly is Arash a reliable source or does he just like to stir the pot.

Madani has never met a rumour he wouldn't spread. It's not that he's unreliable, it's that any little rumour he hears gets put out there no matter how strong it is. 

Huff comes available this offseason but we are committed to Walters and Osh.  Huff goes to Riders and dominates for the next decade.  Walters and Osh get fired 7 games into next season.  

It's the Bomber way.

see: Kent Austin goes to Hamilton in 2013 but we already have Joe Mack.  

An aside, but you ever notice how much you use "honestly" in your posts....."honestly, is Arash a reliable source, really?" would be a common post.....I find it amusing. :)

It's his "thing".  And we shall now all make fun of it.

Madani has never met a rumour he wouldn't spread. It's not that he's unreliable, it's that any little rumour he hears gets put out there no matter how strong it is. 

Kind of like a fart in that way.

It's his "thing".  And we shall now all make fun of it.
Honestly? I don't think I will.

Arash still going on about it after Huff essentially shot it down... I just find it hard to believe a sportsnet guy would be a good source of news. I just think at times Sportsnet is full of crap and therefore anyone who works for them, both in hockey and football are full of crap most the time. It's really just to get people talking and i guess that's what it's done