Pat Tracy Fired

saskbluefan

SO everyone said the guy should be fired but now we ***** about it happening because we wanted Bellefool fired first? Come on guys. Yeah we need to change the offensive coordinator, that display on Sunday was embarrassing, but one step at a time. People said they'd never fire Tracey because he's buddies with O'Shea, but I think it clearly shows that the team knows when there's a problem and will make changes. Bellefool was always going to be the last coordinator fired because the head coach has the least familiarity with the offense but do we really think that they go into their meetings thinking everything is just fine with the O? It might take until the offseason for it to happen but I am confident in saying that Bellefool will not be the offensive coordinator here next season.

Maybe if the cover teams had more players that could run and tackle he wouldn't have been fired instead of loading them with slap dicks that couldn't make other teams rosters.

Do you really think that is the sole problem?  Scheme is just as important and execution.  Great execution of a bad scheme is just as bad as poor execution of a great scheme.

I don't know how anyone can honestly believe Marcel Bellefeuille is a good offensive coordinator who deserves to keep his job.

His gameplanning and ability to utilize players properly is absolutely atrocious. We sign Chevon Walker this week and dress him ... never believed it was a smart move to begin with ... but at least give the guy a chance to make an impact. His assets are best used when you get him into space and what does MB do? Call plays to run him up the gut the entire day. What a joke.

Don't even get me started on Nick Moore and Clarence Denmark, who are stud receivers who have basically been brought down to the level of short yardage possession receivers. Two touchdowns between them all year. Find a way to get these guys open.

Last time we threw a touchdown to a receiver? August 9th. On a sweep. It's a joke. This offense is honestly embarrassing, it's getting worse and I find it insulting that anyone within the club expects any of us to believe it's not Marcel. Is it just a coincidence that he's done the exact same things anywhere he has ever been? Is it just the players every time? Biggest coincidence in the world that no matter where he goes, stud players end up looking like garbage?

For as good as Drew Willy can make this offense look periodically, I want to flip it around and pose a question to everyone - can you guys imagine how good Willy could look in a REAL offense?

I have not read a post by anyone suggesting he is.

It might take until the offseason for it to happen but I am confident in saying that Bellefool will not be the offensive coordinator here next season.

I'm just scared he will be the HC. But nothing would surprise me they way the Bombers are run.

If they want to make a current coordinator with head coaching experience the replacement for O'Shea why in gods name would it be the guy running the weakest part of the team and not Ritchie Hall who has actually got his charges to improve as the year has gone on? 

Here's the weird thing about Hajrullahu as a punter.  He is awesome at the coffin corner punts, so why would he suddenly become unable to aim his punts properly when he is further out from the opposing endzone?  That doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe that's a failure of the coaches because he clearly has the ability to punt directionally in some situations.

Listen son...we'll go for a beer and talk about this hitting punts into the middle thing...you just leave that kicking net for now...

I see it's been mentioned that if we fire MB, we would only have in house staff to run MB's so called offence. So, what's the problem? I find it hard to believe we couldn't run a more varied offence with, say Buck's involvement, or even Drew, now that he's on the sidelines, or a combination of Cheech and Chong. Because honestly, how can an offence get much worse?

As much as I want to see MB replaced, we really have no viable replacement in house to take on his responsibilities. Everyone pisses and moans about hiring an "inexperienced" GM and HC .. but who is there on our staff with ANY experience running or designing an offense? Howell? Buck? These guys are position coaches and while one of them could potentially make that leap .. anything they implement at this point of the season will simply be an extension of what MB already has in place.

You elevate either of those guys to OC now, it won't make a lick of difference and you'll have the same people bitching about newbies.

and realistically wouldnt they just run a MB type offense anyway? would they even know the first thing about changing a whole offense around midseason? you think keeping bellfool is bad? recipe for disaster imo is two raw rookies attempting to gameplan without an offensive minded HC or assistant HC..

Is Marcel the assistant HC? Ie is he too involved in helping adds experienced MOS with his duties that MOS is afraid to fire him and lose that safety net? Just spitballing.

We don't know what happens behind the scenes. Maybe there is a real sense Howell and Buck aren't ready. Maybe Wase already has Khari on speed dial for end of season.

Is Marcel the assistant HC? Ie is he too involved in helping adds experienced MOS with his duties that MOS is afraid to fire him and lose that safety net? Just spitballing.

We don't know what happens behind the scenes. Maybe there is a real sense Howell and Buck aren't ready. Maybe Wase already has Khari on speed dial for end of season.

Or maybe it's like this...

Kyle Walters, Wade Miller and MOS enter MB's office.

KW: I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go Marcel...it wasn't an easy decision...

MB: You know I was following you guys when you went on that trip to Tijuana last year right?

WM: What trip? What's he talking about guys?

MOS: Oh ****....

KW: Oh no....

MB: You guys want 8X10's? Matte or glossies?

WM: What's he talking about guys?

KW: Um...so anyway Marcel, let's talk about your game plan for the Banjo Bowl....let me guess, more 5 yard passes and runs up the gut right?

MOS: Sounds like a great game plan to me!!

MB: Yes, it can't miss. My best one yet.

WM: "Throws up hands in disgust"...."I can't do this anymore"....

I don't know how anyone can honestly believe Marcel Bellefeuille is a good offensive coordinator who deserves to keep his job.

His gameplanning and ability to utilize players properly is absolutely atrocious. We sign Chevon Walker this week and dress him ... never believed it was a smart move to begin with ... but at least give the guy a chance to make an impact. His assets are best used when you get him into space and what does MB do? Call plays to run him up the gut the entire day. What a joke.

Don't even get me started on Nick Moore and Clarence Denmark, who are stud receivers who have basically been brought down to the level of short yardage possession receivers. Two touchdowns between them all year. Find a way to get these guys open.

Last time we threw a touchdown to a receiver? August 9th. On a sweep. It's a joke. This offense is honestly embarrassing, it's getting worse and I find it insulting that anyone within the club expects any of us to believe it's not Marcel. Is it just a coincidence that he's done the exact same things anywhere he has ever been? Is it just the players every time? Biggest coincidence in the world that no matter where he goes, stud players end up looking like garbage?

For as good as Drew Willy can make this offense look periodically, I want to flip it around and pose a question to everyone - can you guys imagine how good Willy could look in a REAL offense?

I had this exact thought the other day when some posters were trying to lay it all on Brohm for the offensive issues the past couple of games.  Willy finds success in spite of MB's offence, not because of it.  Willy is a talented enough QB that he can make things happen until the punishment he takes in this offence overwhelms him like last year and this year.  Then you throw in a middling/average/iffy QB like Brohm or Marve and they can't rise above MB's system.  So we get what we have now, the worst offence in the CFL and yet another example that MB has worn out his welcome.  If MB nearly destroyed Calvillo back in 07 why would we expect Brohm or Marve to flourish.  The thought of Willy running a Milanovich or Dickenson offence would be glorious.  

The last throwing TD was to Cam Marshall Aug 14 against Toronto... but that actually proves your point even better... that was essentially a broken down play... quick check down to the RB who made it happen from there...

It gives me chills to imagine Willy in a good offense... imagine Drew Willy playing for Calgary or Toronto...  

The last throwing TD was to Cam Marshall Aug 14 against Toronto... but that actually proves your point even better... that was essentially a broken down play... quick check down to the RB who made it happen from there...

It gives me chills to imagine Willy in a good offense... imagine Drew Willy playing for Calgary or Toronto...  

"to a receiver"

;)

"to a receiver"

;)

My reading comprehension needs some work apparently! 

It's not a scheme problem when the punter puts the ball between the hashmarks. Make one guy miss and it's a TD.

Agreed, that's the first thing I noticed on the play... not only was the punt right down the middle it also had no hang time ... the ST unit was basically SOL right from the beginning... Lirim shoulders most of the blame for that particular punt return...

Was it a matter of Liram putting it in the wrong spot or was that where he was asked to put it? If you go back virtually every one of the returns for TDs this year have been when we (mistakenly) kick from deep in our end to the middle of the field. I am pretty sure that is what PT was calling for a middle punt  because Liram was NEVER trying to punt that anywhere but the middle of the field (or maybe the left hash)

It's not a scheme problem when the punter puts the ball between the hashmarks. Make one guy miss and it's a TD.

Agreed, that's the first thing I noticed on the play... not only was the punt right down the middle it also had no hang time ... the ST unit was basically SOL right from the beginning... Lirim shoulders most of the blame for that particular punt return...

Was it a matter of Liram putting it in the wrong spot or was that where he was asked to put it? If you go back virtually every one of the returns for TDs this year have been when we (mistakenly) kick from deep in our end to the middle of the field. I am pretty sure that is what PT was calling for a middle punt  because Liram was NEVER trying to punt that anywhere but the middle of the field (or maybe the left hash)

Or, more reasonable explanation, when punting from deep he's trying too hard to kick the laces off theball and his placement goes out the window. 

Bombers have allowed 3 punt returns for TD’s this season. 

They have allowed at least four if not five. There was one in game 1, the hamilton game here, the TO game, and LDC. I think they also allowed a TD in game 2.

Same game.

And there wasn't one in week 1.

Three.

That could be it, too. If that is the case though it is still a part of the coordinator to deal with it. They have tried this play far too many times this year. Some of them I haven't objected to but a few of these deep punts were ill advised because of the situation and at least twice resulted in return TDs (and no I am not doing a hindsight thing it was a matter of logic at the time (ie don't temp the devil too many times))

Good Riddance to Tracey really, Special teams haven't been good going  back to last year even, It's a step in the right direction for sure... Really was hoping for an MB firing tho, it's the O that is the biggest issue really and MB's O has been near the bottom or at the bottom of the league in pretty much all categories since he got here really. Step in the right direction tho, Tracey needed to go, not sure it fixes what ails us exactly but it does put a guy like MB on notice i think, I guess, Let's see what Nichols can do, if he only throws for 185 yards or so, then well, MB is a problem and needs to go... I guess Brohm wasn't awful last game but didn't take any chances, not sure if he was told to not take many chances or if he just didn't take any himself... but regardless, I think MB is next to go and it could very well happen next week if the O still looks like crap with a QB who has actually thrown for TD's in this league. 

I still think MB is the biggest problem tho. That O is just so predictable and vanilla... 5 6 yard outs and runs up the middle and repeat... very obvious. 

You watch Hamilton or Calgary or Toronto even, even Ottawa and they run crossing routes, screens, little hitch passes, all sorts of variations of those types of passes, we just run 5 yard outs... it's really easy to defend in my opinion, when is the last time we saw a crossing route really? 

What do we gain by keeping MB until the end of the year? This year so far is a continuation of last year and there is nothing that would indicate things will change. Going outside at this time might not work. Wylie or Howell with the help of the other offensive personnel might work. There's no need to implement a 2" play book. Start with what you think will work then adjust to what is available. 

I'm not a coach but in football like in life you have to be able to recognize situations that don't work and be able to take corrective action. And people around you will assume experience has made you better to do that and will trust you will.