Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

Yea we cant fire bellfool fast enough. Calgary's defense was not that stellar last night.. We left a looooot of plays on the field. Poor execution? Poor design? stubler just in bellfools head just like every other DC whos seen him in the last decade..

We are hooped if we dont move on.

Play calling, per usual, went really conservative out of the gate after the half. Double tight. Middle run. Short gain. Results in a quick two and out and we never found a rythmn on offence until we were in the hurry up .. with 1:50 left in the game .. where the OC isn't necessarily in the equation ..

"where the OC isn't necessarily in the equation .." Hey, why does this sentence appeal to me?

John Hodge made some interesting points in his post game blog:

http://3downnation.com/2015/09/26/bomber-thoughts-week-fourteen-calgary-at-winnipeg/

What particularly caught my attention was:

6. It was a rough night for first-year Bomber Kris Bastien. Bastien, who got the start at Rory Kohlert’s normal z-option receiver spot (Kohlert was moved to slotback tonight to replace the injured Julian Feoli-Gudino), recorded one reception for thirteen yards and a late fourth quarter drop. To make matters worse, Bastien spent almost the entire second half working against second-year defensive back Adam Thibault, a guy who couldn’t crack Laval’s starting line-up in his senior year with the Rouge et Or in 2013. If you can’t get open against a guy like Thibault, I don’t know who you’re going to get open against in the CFL.

7. Speaking of Thibault, most offensive coordinators would have gone straight after such a raw cover guy getting his first meaningful reps at the pro level. Bellefeuille never tested him.

http://3downnation.com/2015/09/26/bomber-thoughts-week-fourteen-calgary-at-winnipeg/

6. It was a rough night for first-year Bomber Kris Bastien. Bastien, who got the start at Rory Kohlert’s normal z-option receiver spot (Kohlert was moved to slotback tonight to replace the injured Julian Feoli-Gudino), recorded one reception for thirteen yards and a late fourth quarter drop. To make matters worse, Bastien spent almost the entire second half working against second-year defensive back Adam Thibault, a guy who couldn’t crack Laval’s starting line-up in his senior year with the Rouge et Or in 2013. If you can’t get open against a guy like Thibault, I don’t know who you’re going to get open against in the CFL.

7. Speaking of Thibault, most offensive coordinators would have gone straight after such a raw cover guy getting his first meaningful reps at the pro level. Bellefeuille never tested him.

Another reason why Bellefeuille is dead weight. Game after game, we continue to see the dame things with no improvement.

Should have tested Thibault more but to write him off as some kind of scrub is bordering on willful ignorance. He was one of the top rated DBs in his draft and ran the fastest 40 at the combine IIRC. Second year Cdn receiver vs second year Cdn defensive back. Not as much of a mismatch as he's trying to make it out to be.

Should have tested Thibault more but to write him off as some kind of scrub is bordering on willful ignorance. He was one of the top rated DBs in his draft and ran the fastest 40 at the combine IIRC. Second year Cdn receiver vs second year Cdn defensive back. Not as much of a mismatch as he's trying to make it out to be.

Then switch up the receivers and go after him with Moore, Adams and/or Denmark. It's not rocket surgery.

Then switch up the receivers and go after him with Moore, Adams and/or Denmark. It's not rocket surgery.
In MB's defence, his offense leaves a significant amount of the decisions on the QB to make the reads and decide on the throw.

In MB's defence, his offense leaves a significant amount of the decisions on the QB to make the reads and decide on the throw.

There is no defence for Bellfuelle, there is no defence for him on offence either

Great blog BTW,,,

Yes the 3 down nation is a great read, and I also agree we should've gone after the rookie. Everyone would've done that, except apparently us. I posted in another thread that the OC and the O'line coach have to go.......Calgary looked like a well-oiled machine when they ran the ball, they had imagination, and they moved their linemen around to open things up for Cornish. How many times did he run the ball and not get touched until well past the line?? We rarely do that. Other than Picard I believe we have the o'line talent, we don't execute because we don't have the coaching.

Well, Ritchie Hall hall did a great job adjusting at halftime completely shutting down Cornish in the second half. The Stamps run game ground to a total halt in the 3rd & 4th quarter especially so it's unfair to say that all of our coaches can't make adjustments at halftime. Just ONE coordinator can't make adjustments & we all know who he is. Ritchie Hall can make adjustments & did so by shutting down the Cornish strut. I think Jon had visions of having a 200 yard game against the Bombers. After the way he ran in the first half, did anyone think he'd only end up with 94 yards? Hats off to Ritchie Hall for calling a great defensive game. 

I watch almost every CFL game during the season and I get so frustrated when I see other offences that run a variety of plays but they work as well.  Toronto runs a lot of screens or outs but they also work most of the time.  We run a screen and the receiver is tackled for a loss or a 1 - 2 yard gain.  I see very few misdirection plays and our running game is extremely predictable. 

I'm still a huge supporter of MOS and I hope he's back next year but he must drop kick MB.  If not than we must get rid of MOS just so we can rid ourselves of MB. 

I watch almost every CFL game during the season and I get so frustrated when I see other offences that run a variety of plays but they work as well.  Toronto runs a lot of screens or outs but they also work most of the time.  We run a screen and the receiver is tackled for a loss or a 1 - 2 yard gain.  I see very few misdirection plays and our running game is extremely predictable. 

I'm still a huge supporter of MOS and I hope he's back next year but he must drop kick MB.  If not than we must get rid of MOS just so we can rid ourselves of MB. 

Isn't Miller the one that saddled MOS with Bellefeuille? Maybe MOS has been trying but can't get rid of Bellefeuille. 

Anyway, I don't see Walters, O'Shea, or Bellefeuille going anywhere until after the WBB cash-in on the Grey Cup. 

We have a bye week the second last week of the season... MB could be fired then and probably should be and wouldn't be surprised if he is, if not, so be it... lots of time still to fire people... Generally in the CFL, you don't see many major moves until after the Grey Cup anyways cuz the League doesn't want anything to overshadow the cup game and rightfully so.

What is the explanation of starting 8 Canadians?

Because O'Shea

No, because of roster flexability and truthfully, has it really effected our defense? They look pretty good. Also, Kohlert and JFG were money almost all tosses

i really dont get this 8 canadian hate. It helps if an injury happens. It makes substitituions easier..

Such a weird bone to pick at.

Oshea just said on CJOB coaches show that the offense needs to start coming out of halftime with "better adjustments". This tells me MB is gone.

Oshea then complemented the D on its good halftime adjustments. Shutting down Cornish in second half was his example.

The lack of half-time adjustments last year were obvious all season to many here in this forum. The 2014 defence had a lot of other problems but that lack was glaring. The same inability to adapt to the other team's defence on the fly or during the half-time break has continued for the most part right into this year. For the life of me, if it was and is so obvious to amateurs, I cannot understand why O'Shea, Walters and even Miller could not pick it out.