Week 7 Edm@BC - Mont@Ott - Sask@Tor

Mr Dee

Matt Nichols starts at QB again and Chad Simpson is the starting RB.

Devon Bailey starts in place of Nate Coehorn.

Added on the practice roster is....Shomari Williams ex-Ti-Cat, Stampeder, and Roughrider.

Edmonton's record is 4-1 and BC is 2-3. Easy Edmonton victory? No.

1st 6 weeks

Edm. loses to Toronto BC - bye

Edm bye. BC - loss to Ottawa

Edm beats Ottawa. BC - beats Sask

Edm beats Ottawa. BC - beats Sask

Edm beats Wpg BC - loses Tor

Edm beats Sask. BC - loses Wpg

BC

Khahari Jones added to the team's injured list - Achilles heel (on crutches)

Here's an interesting Twitter quote from their 1st round draft pick (5th overall)

Ese Mrabure-Ajufo ‏@emrabajufo99

They didn't say it was gonna be easy. They didn't say it would be this degrading and humiliating either #ChinUpKiddo

Mrabure-Ajubo was just de-activated and placed on the PR.

Here's how the other 1st rounders have fared so far this year:

Pick Player Team Status

1 OL Alex Mateus Ottawa Backup on 46-man roster

2 OL Sukh Chungh Winnipeg Starter

3 OL Sean McEwen Toronto Did not sign

4 LB Chris Ackie Montreal Backup on 46-man roster

5 ST Ese Mrabure-Ajufo B.C.Practice roster

6 SB Nic Demski Saskatchewan Backup on 46-man roster

7 OL Danny Groulx Edmonton One-game injured list

8 OL Jacob Ruby Montreal Game-day scratch

9 OL Carl Lavoie Calgary Six-game injured list

BC has allowed the lowest sack total........Edmonton has the most sacks in the league -17

Edmonton has 10 different players with 1 sack each, McCoil has 2 and Marcus Howard has 5

(---Edmonton Journal, fan forum, Vancouver Province, Sun, fan forum, CFL.ca)

BC

Here's an interesting Twitter quote from their 1st round draft pick (5th overall)

They didn't say it was gonna be easy. They didn't say it would be this degrading and humiliating either #ChinUpKiddo

You spell Ese Mrabure-Ajufo correctly but spell Khari wrong. 

http://vid991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/PhotoShopFan/Fawlty%20Towers.mp4

BC

You spell Ese Mrabure-Ajufo correctly but spell Khari wrong.

http://vid991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/PhotoShopFan/Fawlty%20Towers.mp4

Ha ha Jacquie, got ya.

It was a light shot at "skip-rope" Khari for injuring himself and for BC for placing him on the IR.

So K*haha*ri it stays...for now.

And thanks for that Fawlty Towers clip...one of my favourite shows of all time.

Maybe putting the "haha" part in italics or something would make it more obvious although I know subtle is your method of choice. 

Fawlty Towers - one of the greatest series ever!

Listen very carefully. I shall say this only once. Have you ever seen a British series called 'Allo 'Allo?

Maybe putting the "haha" part in italics or something would make it more obvious although I know subtle is your method of choice. 

Fawlty Towers - one of the greatest series ever!

Listen very carefully. I shall say this only once. Have you ever seen a British series called 'Allo 'Allo?

Je ne pense pas. But it does sound interesting.

Chad Simpson at one point was scary I remember when he first started with us most liked him, he would jump over would be tacklers.   Then he got injured right? I remember he just had a huge decline and never really showed much again afterwards.  Not sure what it was after but assuming an injury.

Pick Player Team Status

BC has allowed the lowest sack total........Edmonton has the most sacks in the league -17

Edmonton has 10 different players with 1 sack each, McCoil has 2 and Marcus Howard has 5

Have to say, I think Walters did good with the first rounder this year, and looks to have a real find in Waggoner with our supplemental pick.  The other picks...we'll see.

Pick Player Team Status

Have to say, I think Walters did good with the first rounder this year, and looks to have a real find in Waggoner with our supplemental pick.  The other picks...we'll see.

If my memory is correct Chungh was touted as CFL ready by analysts so as much as a fan boy as I am I can't give Walters so much credit with Chungh. 

Pick Player Team Status

If my memory is correct Chungh was touted as CFL ready by analysts so as much as a fan boy as I am I can't give Walters so much credit with Chungh. 

Walters still drafted him and didn't pass on him like Ottawa did.

I'm not saying it was a stretch or anything to take him, but the day our GM starts using the media analysts opinions on who to draft rather than his own scouting staff is the day I want a new GM.

Walters still drafted him and didn't pass on him like Ottawa did.

I'm not saying it was a stretch or anything to take him, but the day our GM starts using the media analysts opinions on who to draft rather than his own scouting staff is the day I want a new GM.

You forgot to hashtag #JoeMackForever

He never even picked from the same board as the media.

-Over their last 4 games, Edmonton opponents have averaged only 234 net yards and just 7.8 offensive points per game. Mind you those games were Ottawa -twice , Winnipeg without Drew, and Sask with a rookie QB.

-Under 10 penalties: Only three clubs have managed to draw less than 10 penalties in a game this season even once – and Edmonton has dominated that area. The Eskimos have had 9 penalties or less THREE times already, with only Calgary and Winnipeg once each under

10. No other CFL club has even one game with under 10 calls.

-New record 16 targets: In the last game vs Saskatchewan, Edmonton threw 43 passes, one of which was a “throw away” and thus not assigned as a “TARGET” to a particular player. Of the other 42 passes, a CFL season-high for any player of 16 passes was thrown toward Adarius Bowman. That 16 total “targets” is almost as many as Bowman had in the previous 3 games combined (19).

-Matt Nichols has never started a game against BC

-Grant Shaw 18 in a row / 9 in a row: Shaw has had a perfect start to 2015 making 12-of-12 field goals.

BC

-Andrew Harris 117 yards / career-high 24 carries: Harris recorded his ninth career 100-yard rushing game last week with 117

yards on a career-high 24 carries. It was the first time in his CFL career that he has ever gone above 18 rushes.

- First possession points: BC leads the CFL with 17 points in their 5 “first possessions” this season. They are one of three clubs to score on their opening drive twice this year and they added a field goal in one other opening possession.

- Lulay QB Starts: Lulay’s current two-game losing streak as a starter is the first time in THREE years that BC has lost back-to- back games started by him (Jul 14-20/12). That spans a total of 29 games Lulay has started. BC has not lost 3 in a row with Lulay as the QB starter since July 2011.

- 1st Quarter shutouts: BC has blanked the opposition in the first 15:00 in 4 out of 5 games and is +20 in the 1st Quarter in 2015. Over the remaining three Quarters, opponents hold a 72-103 scoring edge (72-103). BC has not allowed any first Quarter points at all in any of the last three games with leads of 7-0, 14-0 and 7-0.

- Richie Leone: Along with Boris Bede heading into Week #7, Leone and his fellow rookie have yet to miss a FG attempt in their first 12 career tries each. The CFL Record Book does not cover this aspect (yet) but it is believed to be a record. Leone also leads the CFL in punting average at 50.1 yards and is #2 net at 40.3 yards per kick.

- Adam Bighill 39 DT: Bighill leads the CFL in defensive tackles with 39 after picking up a career-high 13 two weeks ago vs Toronto. He is on pace for 140 which would be right around Solomon Elimimian’s record-setting 2014 total of 143.

- CFL Game Notes