Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

Here's a good example from the Liberals as to why party leaders want to strictly control the message. What a dispicable candidate

https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/liberal-candidate-wished-israel-supporter-had-been-aborted-with-coat-hanger/

Google Tom Lukiwski, MP and current Parliamentary Secretary then consider this a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  

That said, each party is going to have candidates with a few skeletons in their closets .. you'd hope that the people vetting these individuals would do a more thorough job and ensure they are fit to represent the values of their constituents and Canada as a whole.

Im not saying its a Liberal problem.  Just saying.  Probably more a NDP problem actually as their candidates have been saying some goofy things.  But the anti-Semitic nature of the NDP doesnt seem so much a nut job position as a general NDP one.  The comment from the Liberal candidate is just foolish if you want to be an elected official in Canada and she certainly seems like a miserable human being.

Not disagreeing in the least.  I just always find it funny how this sort of information is brought to light .. in this case, a decidedly Conservative blog, has chosen to shine a light on a "vicious candidate" running for Trudeau .. when in fact there are elected Conservative MPs / Cabinet members who have offered up equally repugnant comments.

.. Those in glasses houses and all .. 

But the anti-Semitic nature of the NDP doesnt seem so much a nut job position as a general NDP one.

Then how did this happen?

David Lewis was a secular Jew, just learned he was born in Russia, and arrived in Canada speaking only Yiddish.

"David LewisCC QC (born David Losz; June 23, or October 1909 – May 23, 1981) was a Russian-born Canadian labour lawyer and social democratic politician. He was national secretary of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (CCF) from 1936 to 1950, and one of the key architects of the New Democratic Party (NDP) in 1961. In 1962, he was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP), in theCanadian House of Commons, for the York South electoral district. While an MP, he was elected the NDP's national leader, and served from 1971 until 1975."

probably lots of other stuff to post about this, but won't do it right now.

As far as anti semites go, you can probably find them anywhere including all three political parties. They all have their share of bigots no doubt.

But the anti-Semitic nature of the NDP doesnt seem so much a nut job position as a general NDP one.

David Lewis was a secular Jew, just learned he was born in Russia, and arrived in Canada speaking only Yiddish.

"David LewisCC QC (born David Losz; June 23, or October 1909 – May 23, 1981) was a Russian-born Canadian labour lawyer and social democratic politician. He was national secretary of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (CCF) from 1936 to 1950, and one of the key architects of the New Democratic Party (NDP) in 1961. In 1962, he was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP), in theCanadian House of Commons, for the York South electoral district. While an MP, he was elected the NDP's national leader, and served from 1971 until 1975."

As far as anti semites go, you can probably find them anywhere including all three political parties. They all have their share of bigots no doubt.

Certainly they do as they are made up of people like you and me and others and in any group you will have bigots.  But without doing an intensive investigation, the remarks I've seen from candidates, there are a significant number of NDP candidates that are very bigoted. 

Certainly they do as they are made up of people like you and me and others and in any group you will have bigots.  But without doing an intensive investigation, the remarks I've seen from candidates, there are a significant number of NDP candidates that are very bigoted. 

But without doing any intensive investigation,

fixed it for you.

The ........ is absolutely bigoted and intolerant of opinions they don't share. They have that feeling that they're intellectually superior to everyone else.

Insert any party name in the blank spot. There is intolerance and ignorance everywhere.

The left is absolutely bigoted and intolerant of opinions they don't share. They have that feeling that they're intellectually superior to everyone else. **** the NDP. I swear to god if they win federally and I'm stuck with NDP at the provincial and federal level I'm moving to the states. 

Can I come? We can be roommates. #NeelixtoTuvok

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/0/0b/Neelix-tuvok-caretaker.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20050708090424&path-prefix=en

Here's a good example from the Liberals as to why party leaders want to strictly control the message. What a dispicable candidate

https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/liberal-candidate-wished-israel-supporter-had-been-aborted-with-coat-hanger/

Aaaaaannnnd she's gone...

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/08/18/calgary-liberal-candidate-apologizes-for-distasteful-tweets

Aaaaaannnnd she's gone...

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/08/18/calgary-liberal-candidate-apologizes-for-distasteful-tweets

Good.  I can understand being young and stupid but young and stupid shouldnt be running for public office although that is essentially Trudeau's platform lol

Good for her for taking a bullet for her party.  Im sure she was "encouraged" to step down.  I know there was some social media chatter yesterday about how the mainstream media was making a bigger deal out of the Conservative "protester" than the Liberal candidate.

It seems the NDP arent even running a candidate in my area.  I suspect they realised they didnt stand much of a chance and didnt want to siphon votes from the Liberals.

The left (insert Sheldon Cooper avatar here) is absolutely bigoted and intolerant of opinions they don't share. They have that feeling that they're intellectually superior to everyone else. **** the NDP. I swear to god if they win federally and I'm stuck with NDP at the provincial and federal level I'm moving to the states.

Well, that's cleared up my voting option nicely. ;-)

conservative party appears to be in full meltdown mode right now.

How so?

I dont think the Duffy trial resonates with Canadians.  The media coverage of a private citizen who doesnt represent the party is sort of amusing in an "angry old guy yells at clouds" but more sad that the media covers that more than legitimate candidates.  The Liberals just had a candidate have to step down due to things she said online.  And the NDP continue to have candidates sticking their feet in their mouths but the mainstream media isnt covering it.

The biggest issue facing the Conservatives is the false sense of "change" that happens when a party has been in office for a long time and generally has no bearing on how that party performs.  The media loves the "change" narrative too.

A lot of younger "voters" are very anti-Harper but it will be interesting to see how many of them actually vote as that is not a demo that generally votes routinely.  Most of the political opinion I see on Facebook (twitter is a bit different) is Anti-Harper but in a very basic sense.  In other words, people post comments or meme's about "get this man out of office" or "Only you can stop Harper" with no reasoning as to why, no messaging about Conservative policy or even support for opposition.  Just "Stop Harper", which has been going on for years and never stuck to them.

But Jack Layton served the NDP well and made them legitimate and I think that's the problem for the Cons this election.  But it's early.  I'd think the Cons would have a strategy.  Their policy announcements are more clear and concise then the opposition right now.  But the mostly left-leaning media isnt that interested.

Either way, at this point we're headed for a minority government, probably NDP which would be historic and unfortunate.  The Liberals made a big mistake in choosing Trudeau because they'd be making a lot of ground right now with a better leader.

Im actually surprised how well the Liberals are doing considering what a disaster Trudeau is.  I think the idea that both the Cons and NDP are "extreme" does resonate with many Canadians.  Even if either of those parties try to move closer to center, the Liberals are sort of the default center position in the consciousness of most Canadians.  I know when I used to vote Liberal, I felt that to an extent.

The NDP are polling huge in Quebec.  I wonder if that huge popularity there might be skewing the national polls a bit.  ie. they win big in Quebec but not enough to win nationally.