Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

Either way, at this point we're headed for a minority government, probably NDP which would be historic and unfortunate.  The Liberals made a big mistake in choosing Trudeau because they'd be making a lot of ground right now with a better leader.

This is how I feel about their provincial party here too.  With the disaster that is the Selinger government, the Mb Libs should have been able to gain some momentum but I haven't seen it.

I'm sure Bokhari is a nice enough person but after 2 years, the only thing I can remember her saying is she wants to lower liquor prices... and I only remember that because it's recent.

It's good to have the spot light on the Duffy trial, and those who knew about what was going on. Poor Stephen. How betrayed he must feel when it seems everybody around him knew what was going on...and nobody kept him advised. For a guy who likes to control the message and keep his party in check, this must be embarrassing. And the big bad media..wanting to know the truth. Shame on them.

Maybe we've misjudged the man?

Nah, he is who he is.

Honestly I think this senate "scandal" is overblown. Senators having iffy expenses is nothing new and certainly not just a conservative problem.... it's just that it looks bad considering how much noise the Conservatives made about things like that. 

People are so angry at Harper because reasons they will blow any little thing out of proportion. I'd like to see people focussed on real things rather than trying to make smaller things into big deals. 

My friend, NYT is widely regarded as a left-wing outlet

pretty vague statement in response to some specific examples. don't you think?

anyway, unimportant.

CNN: So let’s dive right in. The loudest criticism that we often hear about “The New York Times” — I don’t know if it’s the most frequent but it’s certainly the loudest, is that it has a liberal bias. Does it?

MARGARET SULLIVAN, PUBLIC EDITOR, THE NEW YORK TIMES: Well, some of my predecessors have taken that head-on. In fact, Daniel Okrent, the first public editor, once wrote a column — and I think the headline said something like “Is ‘The Times’ a Liberal Newspaper?”

And his answer in the lead was, of course it is. And he went on from there. And it got quite a bit of response.

I mean, that is obviously something people feel about The Times, and I think maybe the best way to think about it is that The Times reflects its readership, its community. It’s an urban paper; it’s a New York City paper. I mean that’s a reasonable criticism, I think.

CNN: So it is a yes?

SULLIVAN: It’s a modified “yes,” with a lot of nuance in it.

Interesting side not you can thank Daniel Orkrent for the fantasy sports craze he was the founder of the first routisseri baseball league. There is a excellent 30 for 30 on it I think it's called A Silly Little Game.

Im sure Harper had more knowledge than he wants to openly say.  But probably along the lines of "repay your expenses."  "But..."  "Shhhh, dont want to hear it.  Take care of this.  Keep me out of it."

It really has little to do with Harper.  Duffy screwed up.  Duffy broke the rules.  Duffy should consider himself lucky that Wright was willing to help him out.  Every party has misbehaving candidates.  The Cons seem to dump them pretty quickly.

Realistically, I'd suggest Canadians dont care that much because they might see this as a waste of time.  Pay back the expenses.  Where is the media scrutiny on Mulcair who refuses to have the NDP repay the $2.7 million in inappropriate expenses?  Funny that the media hounding Harper on a matter that is presently before the courts, doesnt seem too concerned about that.

I think the biggest issue with the Senate scandal is that they appear to be getting caught in lies about it. If they hadn't tried to cover it up it would be Duffy painted as the bad guy, not Harper. Or at least not to the same degree he is now.

Its only because Nigel Wright was so close to Harper.  If it wasnt Wright, they'd be hard pressed to try and connect Harper.  They'd try and say Duffy illegally expensed a haircut and the barber happens to also be the barber for Harper's wife so Harper is complicit.  Wright has said under oath that Harper didnt know.  End of story.

The thing about the senate scandal is it just confirms how greasy Harper is, how much he lies and is willing to continue lying in order to save his own ass. Never mind the fact that he personally picked all these people who are getting tossed, which says a hell of a lot about him and the company he keeps. 

The thing about the senate scandal is it just confirms how greasy Harper is, how much he lies and is willing to continue lying in order to save his own ass. Never mind the fact that he personally picked all these people who are getting tossed, which says a hell of a lot about him and the company he keeps. 

Harper became aware of spending issues, ordered senators to repay the questionable expenses.  Was unaware Wright paid Duffy.  If anything, Harper's hands are clean here.  Just because the left leaning media keeps asking the questions hoping for a different answer doesnt mean Harper is lying.

If we want to look at party members to judge the leader, here are some examples:

Erin Weir: "Canadians who favour lower greenhouse gas emissions might thank OPEC for imposing a global carbon tax that far outstrips anything environmentalists have been able to implement."

Seonaugh MacPherson: "In my view, the notion that we serve the "middle class" is equally as problematic"

Linda McQuaig: "So the claim "its my money - I earned it" is not only embarrassingly egotistical but essentially wrong"

Andrew Seagram: "Idolizing our soldiers as heroes, a God like stature on par with Hercules, is as dangerous as proselytizing a suicide bomber as a martyr"

Scott Andrews: "The tar sand emit more carbon emissions than some European countries alone.  Those dirty sting baggers should be scaled down over a few years until they are no more."

Scott Andrews: "Your prime Minister might be an ******* when he says stuff like 'Israel is a light of freedom and democracy in what is otherwise a region of darkness'"

Scott Andrews:  "Time for a boycott" (Speaking on Israel)

Seonaigh MacPherson: "Oil continues to soil our democracy"

Erin Weir: "I feel no hypocrisy in applauding the efforts of bot OPEX and Canpotex to raise commodity prices"

Erin Weir: "Income splitting would undermine the economic independence of women"

Hans Marotte: "When a Palestinian asks me to sign his declaration of support for the intifada, I see how important it is not to close in on oneself"

Additionally, Morgan Wheeldon resigned after his Anti-Israel remarks gained attention.

Liberal candidate Ala Buzerba also stepped down after some nasty twitter posts were revealed.

There is an uncomfortable amount of anti-Israel (bordering on defense of terrorists and rogue nations) and anti-Alberta sentiment in the left.  Im not sure Canadians understand how badly the NDP wants to decimate the oil industry or what that might do to the Canadian economy. 

These are all legitimate positions that voters can choose to support or not.  But they are far more important to this election than the Duffy trial.

Harper became aware of spending issues, ordered senators to repay the questionable expenses.  Was unaware Wright paid Duffy.  If anything, Harper's hands are clean here.  Just because the left leaning media keeps asking the questions hoping for a different answer doesnt mean Harper is lying.

If we want to look at party members to judge the leader, here are some examples:

Erin Weir: "Canadians who favour lower greenhouse gas emissions might thank OPEC for imposing a global carbon tax that far outstrips anything environmentalists have been able to implement."

Seonaugh MacPherson: "In my view, the notion that we serve the "middle class" is equally as problematic"

Linda McQuaig: "So the claim "its my money - I earned it" is not only embarrassingly egotistical but essentially wrong"

Andrew Seagram: "Idolizing our soldiers as heroes, a God like stature on par with Hercules, is as dangerous as proselytizing a suicide bomber as a martyr"

Scott Andrews: "The tar sand emit more carbon emissions than some European countries alone.  Those dirty sting baggers should be scaled down over a few years until they are no more."

Scott Andrews: "Your prime Minister might be an ******* when he says stuff like 'Israel is a light of freedom and democracy in what is otherwise a region of darkness'"

Erin Weir: "I feel no hypocrisy in applauding the efforts of bot OPEX and Canpotex to raise commodity prices"

Erin Weir: "Income splitting would undermine the economic independence of women"

Hans Marotte: "When a Palestinian asks me to sign his declaration of support for the intifada, I see how important it is not to close in on oneself"

Additionally, Morgan Wheeldon resigned after his Anti-Israel remarks gained attention.

Liberal candidate Ala Buzerba also stepped down after some nasty twitter posts were revealed.

There is an uncomfortable amount of anti-Israel (bordering on defense of terrorists and rogue nations) and anti-Alberta sentiment in the left.  Im not sure Canadians understand how badly the NDP wants to decimate the oil industry or what that might do to the Canadian economy. 

These are all legitimate positions that voters can choose to support or not.  But they are far more important to this election than the Duffy trial.

So you read the meetthendp website too huh?

So you read the meetthendp website too huh?

Yes, in fact I posted a link here previously.  And I googled some other things too.  Its pretty easy to do.  I by no means intended to convey that I somehow followed all those candidates around and took notes as they spoke live.  Ofcourse I got it online. 

As the Conservative's Minister of Propaganda, it's TUP's job to know these things.

Someone needs to be.  The majority of mainstream media is the official propaganda department for the NDP.

Kidding aside, I've voted for all three parties in my life.  Propaganda doesnt impact my decision.  I vote for who will do the best job overall.  A "tax first, ask how to pay for it later" NDP government that would decimate one of the countries leading industries, reignite the seperatist movement in Quebec and thumb their nose at our global allies is not the government for me.  But its still early.

In other news:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/globe-election-forecast-2015/article25377958/?click=sf_globe

If the election happened today, there is a ...
  • 56%chance that the Conservatives get the most seats
  • 38%chance that the NDP gets the most seats
  • 8%chance that the Liberals gets the most seats
  • 27%chance that the Green party gets more than one seat
  • 92%chance that the Liberals and NDP have a majority together
  • 24%chance that the Bloc regains official party status (more than 12 seats)

Harper became aware of spending issues, ordered senators to repay the questionable expenses. Was unaware Wright paid Duffy. If anything, Harper's hands are clean here. Just because the left leaning media keeps asking the questions hoping for a different answer doesnt mean Harper is lying.

Scott Andrews: "The tar sand emit more carbon emissions than some European countries alone. Those dirty sting baggers should be scaled down over a few years until they are no more."

Scott Andrews: "Time for a boycott" (Speaking on Israel)

There is an uncomfortable amount of anti-Israel (bordering on defense of terrorists and rogue nations) and anti-Alberta sentiment in the left. Im not sure Canadians understand how badly the NDP wants to decimate the oil industry or what that might do to the Canadian economy.

These are all legitimate positions that voters can choose to support or not. But they are far more important to this election than the Duffy trial.

Amen

http://globalnews.ca/news/2176583/what-we-know-about-the-ndps-childcare-plan/?hootPostID=183b7a72712d91874cc23c6d331730fb

NDP national day care program. Sounds great for parents. Who's going to pay for it? All of us. And the NDP are lying about how universal it will be and how many spots it will create.

NDP meddling in provincial politics again, surprise surprise. How can Quebec be so gaga for that party when all they care about is having everything centralized in ottawa?

I admit I laughed hearing Levant say "You're the jewiest jew!"

Im not a devout Ezra follower but since he's been with rebel media or whatever its called, he's had a lot of great segments.

Cannot fathom why CBC still exists as a taxpayer funded entity.  Its funny that people attack Harper as a dictator but there's a real possibility he loses this election.  He should have turfed the CBC when he had the chance... but he didnt.