So much for the theory...

Mark H.

We stll gave up 4 sacks to the lowest sack team in the league, last night.    We also will see if we have a D package to deal with ZC, who has owned us, so far this year.

I'd settle for not giving up first downs simply because we're playing a VERY soft zone ..

This line has always intrigued me. What would be a hard zone outside of playing man to man?

We stll gave up 4 sacks to the lowest sack team in the league, last night.    We also will see if we have a D package to deal with ZC, who has owned us, so far this year.

I'd settle for not giving up first downs simply because we're playing a VERY soft zone ..

This line has always intrigued me. What would be a hard zone outside of playing man to man?

Press man....

....that this place is less active after.a win.

It is harder to get angry at a win than a loss.  However, there is plenty to discuss about this game namely:

1. The fake punt when it was 3rd and 12;

2. the lack of pressure by the d-line;

3. O'Shea's lack of judgment when he challanged the pass to Denmark; 

4.The lack of babes in the beer snake section; and

5. Poor pass protection/Willy holding onto the ball too long.

I thought the game was done after the Lions started with the 9 minute td drive but full creit to Willy for inspiring this club to victory.  The defence also got their act together and  hopefully they can build on it and have gained some confidence.

The fact is this is only one win but it is a significant win because it was at home, it wasa short week or prep, the team showed character and their qb showed the kind of tougness you don't see much these days in pro sports. If this was an NFL Monday night football game his 'heroics' would be discussed ad nasuem togetehr with a 30 minute NFL Films tribute.

It is harder to get angry at a win than a loss.  However, there is plenty to discuss about this game namely:

I thought the game was done after the Lions started with the 9 minute td drive but full creit to Willy for inspiring this club to victory.  The defence also got their act together and  hopefully they can build on it and have gained some confidence.

The fact is this is only one win but it is a significant win because it was at home, it wasa short week or prep, the team showed character and their qb showed the kind of tougness you don't see much these days in pro sports. If this was an NFL Monday night football game his 'heroics' would be discussed ad nasuem togetehr with a 30 minute NFL Films tribute.

I feel like this sums you up pretty well...

See, my attention was first caught by this:

It is harder to get angry at a win than a loss.

Uh, okay, glad to know there are still people are there willing to put in the extra effort to be angry.  Some of us give up on anger far too quickly.

and then:

However, there is plenty to discuss about this game namely:

Followed by 5 negative things.

Yes, yes there are plenty of things to discuss about that great win last night, and they are all negative.  Check, check, and checkeroo!

I feel the 3rd and 21 call was:

A) a distractionary tactic thrown in by Lirim to take people's minds off those gawd awful punts to the corners.

B) extreme confidence in Sherman to shake 7-8 tackles and get the yardage. OR

C) a topic to follow for weeks to replace the Marve-Brohm dissension.

D) a failed bullet for the anti-MOS firing crowd to complain about.

I'll bet most folks had a here we go again feeling after BC's first drive. I know I did.

Well, it was no Hamilton taking the opening kickoff back for a touchdown, but it wasn't fun.  Thing is the D was digging in the entire drive, and nothing was given to BC.  It took them 15 plays to get to the end zone.  They scored, but we never rolled over for them.  If they'd done it again on the next drive, it would have been time to hit the concessions.  The D showed me a bunch of signs that they were in a fighting mood last night, even on the first drive.  Dumb as it sounds, it was about as positive as a 15 play scoring drive for the other team to open the game can get.

BC sucks! BC Sucks! BC Sucks!

Case in point, I pull into the Mr. Mike's in Chilliwack at 5:30 pm yesterday (7:30 pm Winnipeg time) to watch a bit of the game on the way home to Kelowna from Vancouver, and they have the stinking Blue Jay game on in the lounge.  So then I say "can you change it to the Lion's game please?" and the staff all look at me stunned, in that they not only don't know there is a game on, but have no clue who the Lions are.  Finally, they changed over a few TV's to TSN, (after I had to explain that I wanted the "CFL football" option that was coming up on the guide), to the complaints of some old fogies who were watching the Jays, to which I told them to stick it, as they still had plenty of TV's to watch their precious Jays.  Anyway, BC sucks.  That's my point.

Click the ling for a laugh! :-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment . I appreciate the feedback.

What the heck was wrong with the challenge. Better to use a challenge on a close play than hang on to them.

I'll bet most folks had a here we go again feeling after BC's first drive. I know I did.

Won't lie. 

maybe if you're a couple of negative nancies. I would have only worried if they'd gone two and out on offensively and then gave up another long drive. A long opening drive? Come on we've all been following the CFL long enough to know that the start of the game more often than not becomes entirely meaningless by the end. 

Remember back when Doug Berry was here and the Bombers would have this great opening drive all the time then do sweet **** all the rest of the game? Don't get your panties in a bunch over an opening drive even if it is a long time consuming one. Football is a game of adjustments and the one thing I like about Hall's defence so far is how much he seems to adjust when things aren't working. He doesn't at least from my standpoint sit by stubbornly when things don't work. 

To be fair if Sherman breaks that tackle there was nobody within ten yards of him

That is the allure of the "fake the kick, throw it to Sherman" trick play.  Unfortunately this is the second year running that play has failed.

Didn't fail last year.  Even though it was 3rd and 21, if the other wideout makes a block on Adekolu, who is a receiver, it's a big play.

To be fair if Sherman breaks that tackle there was nobody within ten yards of him

That is the allure of the "fake the kick, throw it to Sherman" trick play.  Unfortunately this is the second year running that play has failed.

Didn't fail last year.  Even though it was 3rd and 21, if the other wideout makes a block on Adekolu, who is a receiver, it's a big play.

The other wide-out has to know that it is happening first, then they can block it.  Still, 21 yards is a lot of yards to get on a fake.