Fire O'Shea

holoman

Lol. Blaming Hurl when the O did nothing yet again for 3.5 quarters is maddening. The OC is the problem. Hurl is the least of our concerns really. The D stepped up at half. Ottawa had Damn near 22 minutes on O in the first half... not just cuz our D couldn't stop them but also because our O did **** all... going after Hurl is just ridiculous in a game where the final score could have been a lot worse. Yup it'd Hurl. 2 100 yard receivers... 5 turnovers. ... Nichols sucking...but Hurl is the problem

Hurl is one of the problem... there are many, no one is denying that.

At least we can fire MB and start again.  But sitting Wild while playing Hurl and this fixation to play 8 or more Canadians is on Osh.

Newman, wtf was he even doing out there? The player decisions on this team is beyond idiotic, I want the hole bunch gone at year end and restart by hiring a real GM/HC professional.

12 wins, 22 loses for MOS and 7-21 in the past 28. Keep him why?

Because 50% of our starting roster is below average. You have to address the talent, or lack thereof. 

Geez, put the entire team on waivers and see who gets picked up. Westerman and ?

I thought we are only a few pieces away from being a good team.  That would imply most of the team is average to above average.

12 wins, 22 loses for MOS and 7-21 in the past 28. Keep him why?

Because 50% of our starting roster is below average. You have to address the talent, or lack thereof. 

Geez, put the entire team on waivers and see who gets picked up. Westerman and ?

Who's on your list of 50% below average on our roster. I'd like to know. 'Bout 30 guys...

We are an OC away from being a good team. Think it's obvious too.

No,we're not. We have more problems than an OC. As has been discussed on another thread we carried 9 linebackers & 1 backup receiver into that game. We lined up Pontbriand as a wideout, We platoon so many starters & rotate them in & out. That's on our HC for bad, bad roster management.  We have Cam Marshall & Ian Wild being platooned. Does that make any sense to you??

I want to see the bombers 'win' a competition for an Asst GM or Asst Coach this off-season...  not hire consolation prizes

If Stubler is in his second year here, this is a different team...  if we had an open OC contest, maybe Maas or Chapdelaine are here...

Jacques, no... Maas isn't going anywhere. It's not going to be easy to find a very good OC. Maybe Khari Jones. 

The only problem with O'Shea is that he has too much confidence in players who are a net negative on the team. The killers this year are Stoudermire, Hajrullahu, Picard and Neufeld. Put competent players in those roles and the Bombers are easily .500 and probably nipping Calgary's heels as they have two wins on us they don't deserve.

Well if that's his ONLY problem it's still huge cause this is pro ball and you go with players if they produce period. BTW you can throw in holding on to a subpar OC as well which falls on MOS.

I have to agree that it's more than just players, or coaches, or upper management. To be this bad, there has to be problems at all three levels. 

I'd say 50% of our players and coaches need to be upgraded and probably all of the scouting and upper management (Walters, Miller). The good news is, last year it was probably 60% of the players. The bad news is, at this rate, it'll be 5 years before we have a good organization here, and that's if, and it's a big IF, we can keep the good personnel we presently have. If not, I don't see any hope and it'll be another 26 years of crap, at which time I'll be unable to GAF so won't care.   :wacko:

The team won/loss record can be argued as irrelevant to assessing O'Shea, but the other things that cannot be dismissed so easily are O'Shea's record in choosing subordinates, player assessment and game management. All have been very poor and, when added to O'Shea's record, make a compelling case for a change in the head coach position.

I have to agree that it's more than just players, or coaches, or upper management. To be this bad, there has to be problems at all three levels. 

I'd say 50% of our players and coaches need to be upgraded and probably all of the scouting and upper management (Walters, Miller). The good news is, last year it was probably 60% of the players. The bad news is, at this rate, it'll be 5 years before we have a good organization here, and that's if, and it's a big IF, we can keep the good personnel we presently have. If not, I don't see any hope and it'll be another 26 years of crap, at which time I'll be unable to GAF so won't care.   :wacko:

why do you think it takes 5 years to build a good team in a 9 team league? with such high roster turn over from every team year to year? 

why do you think it takes 5 years to build a good team in a 9 team league? with such high roster turn over from every team year to year? 

With this team?