CFL Week 3 Games - Ott @ Edm / SK @ BC / Tor @ Cgy

Rich

Sask isn't as bad as folks are making them out to be. They've lost 3 games by a grand total of 9 points and two of those games were in OT. Glenn's leading the league in passing yards and they are moving the ball really well. 0-3 is something you can come back from. They need to do something about their defence and they should be OK in the long run.

Funny because I remember you saying the exact opposite when people used this argument in favor of the Bombers in the year they went 4-14 before going to the Grey Cup the next year.

Didn't Willy lead the league in passing yards last year?

Not even close...
Willy finished 3rd and Burris was 4th. Still proves my point that passing yards don't correlate to wins.

You can't go by individual stats with numerous guys like Durant & Collaros missing significant time. Not that I'm saying that there would be a correlation with passing yards and wins, but you'd need to go by each teams passing yardage per game.

Didn't Willy lead the league in passing yards last year?

Not even close...
Willy finished 3rd and Burris was 4th. Still proves my point that passing yards don't correlate to wins.

You can't go by individual stats with numerous guys like Durant & Collaros missing significant time. Not that I'm saying that there would be a correlation with passing yards and wins, but you'd need to go by each teams passing yardage per game.
Willy and Burris both passed for more yards than BLM.

Sask isn't as bad as folks are making them out to be. They've lost 3 games by a grand total of 9 points and two of those games were in OT. Glenn's leading the league in passing yards and they are moving the ball really well. 0-3 is something you can come back from. They need to do something about their defence and they should be OK in the long run.

Funny because I remember you saying the exact opposite when people used this argument in favor of the Bombers in the year they went 4-14 before going to the Grey Cup the next year.

Folks like you were arguing that the Bombers were better than their record.  They weren't and the Riders aren't better than their record either.  If they can fix the defense they should be OK in the long run.  They may or may not be able to do that.  Our 4-14 team never could.

Question for our Calgary posters, is the Stamps game on Monday because they don't want to have a game during the last weekend of the Stampede or is there some other obscure reason?

It seems that way but I can't figure out why. This kinda scheduling conflict has never come up before and I don't believe McMahon is in use during Stampede. I guess maybe they just don't want one thing to take away from the other but honestly, a game on a Monday is going to be an awful draw anyhow...

How quick the jackals turn on you in Priderville. Why would anyone want to be a coach or GM out there ?

They are comparing Chamblin to Greg Marshall now.  It's awesome.  Full scale meltdown.

One person did. Most people disagreed with him to a degree. Chamblin is nowhere near as bad as Marshall, but he certainly can be to blame for some of the problems.