Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

Why would the riders trade Messam? Is he a free agent after this season? Messam has been the Riders best player this year, bar none.

He is a free agent at end of the year and will be 31 next year. We also sent a 5th round pick to Calgary in exchange we got a 3rd round pick, Capnigna, and a neg list player. I like the move

So the Bombers, who are hosting the Grey Cup, and in a dog fight for a playoff spot, did sweet f*** all to better themselves. Very disappointing

Do you honestly think that this team is close enough to make one change or two, that would make us a Grey Cup contender? And do we have any pieces to trade, to make such a fairy tale move?

The rights to one of their 2 Natiional DT that are in the NFL? The writers have some pretty quality receivers and I'm sure Walters could've snag one of them.

That doesn't make us Grey Cup contenders.

The bombers may not be considered contenders but if I recall they came very close to beating two contenders in the Stamps and Eskimos. All a team needs to do is make it to the playoffs after that anything can happen

The rights to one of their 2 Natiional DT that are in the NFL? The writers have some pretty quality receivers and I'm sure Walters could've snag one of them.

The bombers may not be considered contenders but if I recall they came very close to beating two contenders in the Stamps and Eskimos. All a team needs to do is make it to the playoffs after that anything can happen

Just because you think a trade will make them a contender...doesn't make it so...

Just because you think a trade will make them a contender...doesn't make it so...

Lol I never claimed they were contenders...all I'm saying is get into the playoffs and anything can happen. They are tied with BC and Montreal. Winning the next 3 games isn't impossible considering how they have played their last 3. Another player or two could have made a difference. I'm just saying that it's disappointing that they didn't get a deal done.

So given that they AREN'T contenders should they just mail it in?

So the Bombers, who are hosting the Grey Cup, and in a dog fight for a playoff spot, did sweet f*** all to better themselves. Very disappointing

Nicholls isn't a big splash?
Today before the deadline.

So they should wait until trade deadline day to make a splash?

Also who or what could they get that would make an impact?