First Cut Down Day - list of players released

Jacquie

Logan... That's the funny thing about this.  It doesn't matter anymore.  It's simply a difference of opinion between me and the "Blue Fanboys".  Never should have been a big deal.

This is the most laughable post you have made. You vs. Blue fanoys? No this is you vs. common sense. You once again got your nose out of joint because the team didn't use your faulty logic when making decisions and you're claiming that it's just team can do no wrong fanboys arguing with you because anyone with any shred of logic would agree with you. Maybe, just maybe when it's you vs. the world you are the one using faulty logic. Us "fanboys" and the teams coaches and GMs all said why not take all the time you are afforded? Sure 5 days is long enough to make decisions, if they had to make more cuts in the next 5 hours they'd be able to do that too, but there really is no harm in taking all the time you are afforded. Do you really supposed that a couple extra bodies around for a couple days really takes away that many reps from people? Hell a guy like Yantz from all accounts is barely taking any reps as is so clearly there's a pecking order established already and the guys with an actual shot at the team are getting the bulk of the reps anyway. 

The Montreal Alouettes announced the release of six players Monday morning, which included officially placing Michael Sam on the team’s suspended list.

The Als also placed the name of defensive-tackle Jeff Finley on the six-game injured list.

The moves were necessary to respect the maximum players allowed on the roster.

Players released:

Dominic Clarke, DB, Illinois State

Brandan Green, WR, Grand Valley State

Jewel Hampton, RB, Southern Illinois

Damien Jacobs, DT, Florida

Andrew Manley, QB, Eastern Illinois

Chris Rainey, RB, Florida

I am shocked and disgusted that the Alouettes waited all this time to announce their cuts. They should not have needed this much time to make their decisions. Classless. Indecisive. Terrible.

Also - looks like no one as yet has been able to ascertain what is going on with Michael Sam, or whether he will return.

Shows how much you actually read. I don't want all the decisions to be made on my schedule.  I disagree with some of the decisions.  I've never called the decision makers fools.  I don't think I'm entitled,  I think personal decisions can be made in under 5 days.  Most of the cuts were pretty easy to make.  When the Bombers make different choices than I would, I point that out.  When they make decisions that I agree with, I point that out.  It's called having a mind of my own.  Agreeing with everything the Bombers do is called 'Fan Boy', which is a title worn by a group of posters around here who want to 'yell down' everyone who disagrees with anything.

You may not be entitled, but you've definitely devised your own threshold for how long the Bombers should need to make their cuts.  Especially when you earlier make a statement like "There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet." 

My threshold = the leagues cutdown day.  5 days is more than enough time to make the decisions.

And yet the team made their decisions by the deadline, so what is the concern?  That they didn't inform you until today?

Lol @ Wade Miller vs FIFA.... I wanna see that as a movie...

It starts and ends with fifa thinking wade is a soccer ball and kicking him into a net while screaming goooaaaaaall.

I was with you, right up to the point where you insinuated that the soccer ball ever actually gets kicked into the net in a soccer game.

More on Greg Peach - from Ken Wiebe - Winnipeg Sun:

“Every year, I always look at my game film from the year before. I've made improvements every year and I need to keep doing that,” said Peach, who had a career-high seven sacks and 46 tackles in 17 starts last season. “I need to be better than I was last year. For me personally, this is going to be a big year and I'm really excited. With our coaching staff and personnel, there's going to be a lot of opportunities for me to make plays and I'm setting my goals extremely high for myself.”

The additional film study is just another thing Peach tries to do to stay ahead of the pack.

“I didn't make it off my athletic ability and I know that, so I have to do everything extra that I can to make the squad and to go out and make plays,” said Peach, a 29-year-old who was born in Vancouver, Washington and played for the Eastern Washington Eagles of the NCAA, setting a single-season record for sacks (18) and adding the career record for sacks (35.5). “I just go back and look for little things, wasted movements and things that can help me play faster and make more plays. That's why you watch film every day, so you can go over and correct what you did the day before.

“I've got six months in the off-season, so I might as well go through the 18 games that we had. That's what you have to do, especially as you get older, you have to find things that are going to help you. There's going to be 22, 23-year-old kids that are running 4.6 40s that are going to come in and you've got to separate yourself from them.”

“I've played under (Hall) for a couple of years and as a player. I feel very comfortable in his style of defence,” said Peach. “Once you understand the system, you can just fly and play. He has some great schemes that are really going to confuse the (opposition) offence and open up some plays for everyone on defence.”

Logan... That's the funny thing about this.  It doesn't matter anymore.  It's simply a difference of opinion between me and the "Blue Fanboys".  Never should have been a big deal.

This is the most laughable post you have made. You vs. Blue fanoys? No this is you vs. common sense. You once again got your nose out of joint because the team didn't use your faulty logic when making decisions and you're claiming that it's just team can do no wrong fanboys arguing with you because anyone with any shred of logic would agree with you. Maybe, just maybe when it's you vs. the world you are the one using faulty logic. Us "fanboys" and the teams coaches and GMs all said why not take all the time you are afforded? Sure 5 days is long enough to make decisions, if they had to make more cuts in the next 5 hours they'd be able to do that too, but there really is no harm in taking all the time you are afforded. Do you really supposed that a couple extra bodies around for a couple days really takes away that many reps from people? Hell a guy like Yantz from all accounts is barely taking any reps as is so clearly there's a pecking order established already and the guys with an actual shot at the team are getting the bulk of the reps anyway. 

Common Sense?  Hardly ever see it from you.  Obviously you don't know it when you see it.  Face it... You're just Aardvaark with an attitude.  If the Bombers do it, it's right and everyone who disagrees is wrong and should be taken to task.

It's always the same around here.  I make a post where I disagree with something the Bombers have done.  It doesn't matter what it is...  Pencer, Jade, Kelly, Mack, management decisions etc..  The same group of folks, I call them the 'Fan Boys' take it upon themselves to take my comment, usually a single line, blow it way out of proportion as if it's some sort of personal slight and they go off.  Usually that's in the form of making things up that I didn't say then complaining about them.  Often it includes personal attacks, grade school 'humour' and the ever popular 'You know as much as the coaches or GM's so shut up'.    

In this case, the concept was simple.  I think the Bombers should have made their cuts before the last second because they had a lot of time to make their decisions and because every other team who didn't have to play on Friday did.  That's it.  The thread goes off the rails for a couple of days.  Nothing new's been said since the first hour or so.  Really stupid, but that's how it works around here.  

Can someone talk about their favourite old-timey wrestler now?

rock-n-roll.jpg

OMG, is that geezer Strike Force?

I thought it was the rhythm section of Night Ranger.

And can someone photoshop those eyes so they point in the same general direction?

At least we know Marty Feldman must have known that guy's mom at some point nine months before he was born.

Common Sense?  Hardly ever see it from you.  Obviously you don't know it when you see it.  Face it... You're just Aardvaark with an attitude.  If the Bombers do it, it's right and everyone who disagrees is wrong and should be taken to task.

It's always the same around here.  I make a post where I disagree with something the Bombers have done.  It doesn't matter what it is...  Pencer, Jade, Kelly, Mack, management decisions etc..  The same group of folks, I call them the 'Fan Boys' take it upon themselves to take my comment, usually a single line, blow it way out of proportion as if it's some sort of personal slight and they go off.  Usually that's in the form of making things up that I didn't say then complaining about them.  Often it includes personal attacks, grade school 'humour' and the ever popular 'You know as much as the coaches or GM's so shut up'.    

In this case, the concept was simple.  I think the Bombers should have made their cuts before the last second because they had a lot of time to make their decisions and because every other team who didn't have to play on Friday did.  That's it.  The thread goes off the rails for a couple of days.  Nothing new's been said since the first hour or so.  Really stupid, but that's how it works around here.  

I have criticized the team when warranted so don't give me that nonsense. Here's the problem. It is you who doesn't recognize common sense if it jumps up and bites you in the ass, yet you think you do and because you are so deluded you can't see how wrong you are. You don't take **** because you post contrary opinions, you take **** because you are closed minded and refuse to accept that perhaps you are mistaken. 

Sports are a distraction from life. There is too much negativity in the world so I choose not to be overly negative as to not ruin something that gives a few moments in the day to unwind and get my mind off the realities of life.

Sports are a distraction from life. There is too much negativity in the world so I choose not to be overly negative as to not ruin something that gives a few moments in the day to unwind and get my mind off the realities of life.

I wish I could like this about a billion times.  If I was constantly looking for ways to be deliberately negative about the Bombers for no real reason at all, one very large source of joy in my life would cease to exist, and that I don't wish on anyone.