First preseason game NOT televised

iHeart

Ok. So after reading these posts I have two questions.

Some say a preseason is like watching practice. Well, I live 900 miles away from practice so even though practice may be boring to some I, me, I want to see as much of the Bombers as I can see.

Secondly, for the life of me I can't find who in hell has the broadcast rights to the CFL this year and the calendar with the game dates, times and who is broadcasting.

And finally yes I will be listening to Bob Irving on 'OB. I always sync the TV and Irving's play by play.

If someone could answer these questions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Some say a preseason is like watching practice. Well, I live 900 miles away from practice so even though practice may be boring to some I, me, I want to see as much of the Bombers as I can see.

Secondly, for the life of me I can't find who in hell has the broadcast rights to the CFL this year and the calendar with the game dates, times and who is broadcasting.

And finally yes I will be listening to Bob Irving on 'OB. I always sync the TV and Irving's play by play.

Here is the schedule

http://cfl.ca/schedule/year/2015/time_zone/0

All non-preseason games will be televised on TSN.  Pre-season there are only a handful of games being televised.

What a lot of crap from some posters.  

For the record (Although it shouldn't need to be said)

I wouldn't be here if I didn't bleed blue and gold and I love the Bombers

I like about 90% of the changes this offseason

I don't sign on to find something to complain about.  I sign on to discuss Football.  

I totally understand what preseason games are for and that they are extended practises.  That's not the same as saying I like to see my team get beaten up by anyone.

I'd watch the game if it was on TV or being streamed.  I'll listen on CJOB if I can't watch.

I take a ton of crap on these forums simply because I don't agree with everything the Bombers do.  (Maybe it's because I'm right way more often than I'm wrong)  ;)

If you don't like my opinion, then disagree with it.  Argue the post, not the poster.

You say you understand what pre-season games are for, yet seem to question the relatively junior lineup and make the claim that we're "obviously not trying to win the game with that group".

Its the way you write your posts that makes me skip over them usually 

That's preferable to whining about them.

For a guy who always says "argue the post, not the poster", you sure do have an interesting habit of always turning everything into a personal matter.

Just wish you were a little more honest with yourself, not even with us. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to observe the fact that you love the role you play around here as the forum agitator.

That's not me Mike.  I don't turn everything into a personal matter.  I simply don't back down when others do.

Sure, I like to agitate.  Makes folks think and it can be a lot of fun.  Keeps the conversations going too.

TrueBlue... 'Obviously not trying to win' is simply a statement of fact based on the lineup.  You really think that lineup shows a desire to win the game?  It doesn't.  I'd like to see more of the vets get some reps to work the rust off.  Not a lot of time, but some.  I'd like to see what some of our better rookies look like beside our vets rather than getting a look at rookie after rookie after rookie, most of whom won't start again.  I'd be very reluctant to put Willy out behind that O line.  Seems like a recipe for failure rather than success and success breeds more success IMO.  

For a guy who always says "argue the post, not the poster", you sure do have an interesting habit of always turning everything into a personal matter.

Just wish you were a little more honest with yourself, not even with us. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to observe the fact that you love the role you play around here as the forum agitator.

That's not me Mike.  I don't turn everything into a personal matter.  I simply don't back down when others do.

Sure, I like to agitate.  Makes folks think and it can be a lot of fun.  Keeps the conversations going too.

TrueBlue... 'Obviously not trying to win' is simply a statement of fact based on the lineup.  You really think that lineup shows a desire to win the game?  It doesn't.  I'd like to see more of the vets get some reps to work the rust off.  Not a lot of time, but some.  I'd like to see what some of our better rookies look like beside our vets rather than getting a look at rookie after rookie after rookie, most of whom won't start again.  I'd be very reluctant to put Willy out behind that O line.  Seems like a recipe for failure rather than success and success breeds more success IMO.  

No, that's actually not a fact.  We've never seen this lineup together before in any type of game, so stating that anyone is not trying to win is strictly your opinion, and only an opinion.  Do I think that lineup shows a desire to win the game?  My answer is: Does it really matter?   

To quote Tim Burke: "If we win, we win."

Vets will get worked in more next week, you know that.

What a lot of crap from some posters.  

For the record (Although it shouldn't need to be said)

I wouldn't be here if I didn't bleed blue and gold and I love the Bombers

I like about 90% of the changes this offseason

I don't sign on to find something to complain about.  I sign on to discuss Football.  

I totally understand what preseason games are for and that they are extended practises.  That's not the same as saying I like to see my team get beaten up by anyone.

I'd watch the game if it was on TV or being streamed.  I'll listen on CJOB if I can't watch.

I take a ton of crap on these forums simply because I don't agree with everything the Bombers do.  (Maybe it's because I'm right way more often than I'm wrong)  ;)

If you don't like my opinion, then disagree with it.  Argue the post, not the poster.

No you take a ton of crap because of how many mental gymnastics you perform to try and make your misguided opinions seem like the stone cold truth. You have a real bad habit of believing that your own personal opinions are 100% facts and only ******* would disagree with them. 

No you take a ton of crap because of how many mental gymnastics you perform to try and make your misguided opinions seem like the stone cold truth. You have a real bad habit of believing that your own personal opinions are 100% facts and only ******* would disagree with them. 

heh.. This made me laugh.. Are you talking to yourself? No, But i'm pretty sure this statement would be just as true as if you were.

No, that's actually not a fact.  We've never seen this lineup together before in any type of game, so stating that anyone is not trying to win is strictly your opinion, and only an opinion.  Do I think that lineup shows a desire to win the game?  My answer is: Does it really matter?   

To quote Tim Burke: "If we win, we win."

Vets will get worked in more next week, you know that.

Tim Burke???   :D Yup, that's the way to make a point around here.  

You won't admit that the roster hasn't been built to win?  I'm certain we have better players than we are sending.  So yah... it's a fact that the roster doesn't show a desire to win this game.  It shows a desire to give a lot guys a shot at making the team.  In a lot of cases, their last shot, but that's not the same thing at all.

Your question of 'does it matter?' is a very different question than 'have we sent a roster built to win?'.  I can see the argument for sending a roster of second, third and fourth string players to give them a chance.  I don't agree with it, but I can see it.  I'm fairly certain that the coaches already have a good idea, barring injuries, what most of the team will look like this year.  I'm for giving the guys with the best chance the most reps with the guys who will be their teammates this year.  That would mean sending less fringe players this week.  We can always play them next week when we can carry a bigger roster.

I'm strongly in favour of doing our best to win each and every time we step on the field.  It's an expectation that needs to be instilled in the team as soon as possible.  I'd rather see guys like Westerman and Hajrullahu than the guys we sent to play their spots.  I'd rather see our top 2 receivers giving the QB's a better shot at looking good than the guys we sent.  I could go on, but you get my point.  

Is my way the only way?  Of course not!  Never said it was.

Keep fighting the good fight TBURGESS, this place would be awfully dull without the **** disturbers!! I think everyone else needs to realize its OK to have a dissenting opinion! Coaches and GMs know more about football than all of us but it doesn't mean they're always right. They get stuff wrong sometimes too and it's OK to point it out.

As I understand it, the purpose of the exhibition season is to see what we've got.  Who are the starters, who are the backups, who's going home.  The score is irrelevant.  Also, I think that most people understand that the team can only bring so many guys to the away exhibition game, so that one tends to be for those that there are still some questions about.  So for those penciled in as a starter already, is there a point in bringing most or all of them?  No, there isn't.

Of course, I think that TBurgess knows all of this too, but he got what he was looking for by arguing this "they need to win" silliness.  You know what would drive him to distraction?  If everyone just agreed with him.

As I understand it, the purpose of the exhibition season is to see what we've got.  Who are the starters, who are the backups, who's going home.  The score is irrelevant.  Also, I think that most people understand that the team can only bring so many guys to the away exhibition game, so that one tends to be for those that there are still some questions about.  So for those penciled in as a starter already, is there a point in bringing most or all of them?  No, there isn't.

Of course, I think that TBurgess knows all of this too, but he got what he was looking for by arguing this "they need to win" silliness.  You know what would drive him to distraction?  If everyone just agreed with him.

Go back and read what I typed.  It's not they need to win, it's they didn't build the roster to win.  Two entirely different things.

I want them to actually try to win, but that's not the same as arguing that they need to win.

I remember all the same arguments when we got toasted something like 52-0 in a preseason game.  The score is irrelevant, it doesn't matter they told me.  We'll do better in the real season they told me.  Preseason isn't indicative of how this team will play they told me.  You're just being negative they told me.  You just come here to  complain.  

I hope we don't get killed.  I hope that O line can protect the QB's and make holes for the RB's.  I hope all those backups on D can play.  I know this game won't be indicative of how we play this year because almost none of our starters will get a chance to play. 

Here is the schedule

http://cfl.ca/schedule/year/2015/time_zone/0

All non-preseason games will be televised on TSN.  Pre-season there are only a handful of games being televised.

Thanks for the response and the link. All is good now.

heh.. This made me laugh.. Are you talking to yourself? No, But i'm pretty sure this statement would be just as true as if you were.

The difference is that my opinions ARE fact. 

No one should expect that it will look like a regular season game because there will be tons of changes in personal, but folks should expect CFL quality players because that's what every player out there wants to be.

The point of preseason is to find out who can play well with and against CFL calibre talent. A 90% rookie team doesn't tell you anything about playing with CFL quality talent. Assuming Toronto plays their first team guys for less than a quarter, it doesn't tell you much about playing against CFL quality talent either.

I didn't agree with it when we got beat 52-0 in a preseason game a couple of years ago and I don't agree with it now. Hopefully the next preseason game will have most of our starters in for the first quarter or so so we get a look at where were really at this year.

you realize preseason is essentially practice.. and we all know what they say about practice..

I swear, you login to the forum and say to yourself "what can i disagree or argue against today.."

I think everyone gets that preseason is an extended practice. In practice though, the starters get the majority of the reps.

Difference is, he freakin OWNS it.. Burgs in denial..

No one should expect that it will look like a regular season game because there will be tons of changes in personal, but folks should expect CFL quality players because that's what every player out there wants to be.

The point of preseason is to find out who can play well with and against CFL calibre talent. A 90% rookie team doesn't tell you anything about playing with CFL quality talent. Assuming Toronto plays their first team guys for less than a quarter, it doesn't tell you much about playing against CFL quality talent either.

I didn't agree with it when we got beat 52-0 in a preseason game a couple of years ago and I don't agree with it now. Hopefully the next preseason game will have most of our starters in for the first quarter or so so we get a look at where were really at this year.

you realize preseason is essentially practice.. and we all know what they say about practice..

I swear, you login to the forum and say to yourself "what can i disagree or argue against today.."

I think everyone gets that preseason is an extended practice. In practice though, the starters get the majority of the reps.

Missed that essentially.. Did ya? No worries. Starters will get majority of reps next game too..