How happy are you with Walters' Draft work?

BigBlue

87 members have voted

1. 1. How pleased where you with the results of the 2015 Draft?

• Delighted
    • Satisfied
    • Neutral / cautious / not sure
    • sceptical
    • Unhappy
    • Other

And the Bombers were not alone in downgrading Durant. A veteran team with a strong leadership core would help but as the Jets' experience with Kane shows, you can lead a horse to water etc, etc.

That's a fact that everyone seems to be ignoring... Canadian WRs is something every team needs and Sask and Ottawa both passed on him... the final rec rankings were Durant, Demski, Richards, Harty.... 

And the Bombers were not alone in downgrading Durant. A veteran team with a strong leadership core would help but as the Jets' experience with Kane shows, you can lead a horse to water etc, etc.

Sorry, can't see a CFL player developing an NHL attitude with the amount of money they are paid and the competition they face keeping a job.  Apples to oranges.

Sorry, can't see a CFL player developing an NHL attitude with the amount of money they are paid and the competition they face keeping a job.  Apples to oranges.

I don't think money and guaranteed contracts has anything to do with attitude.     It isn't an "NHL" attitude.  It is human nature.  Some people just are who they are and for whatever reason are destructive to themselves and others.

I don't know if this is the case with Durant, but there is a reason he dropped so low.  And if every team saw or had the same information, there is something there.  If someone is lazy or has a poor work ethic, they are lazy and have a poor work ethic.  

I've seen this in people that I've work with who make less money then an NHL player and make less money then a CFL player.

Money has little to do with stupidity.

Not all sask born players go home to play for sask. It's a myth. Name like 4 of them besides Labatte which was more than just playing for sask who have. Getzlaf? Traded. Bagg? Nope. Seriously it's a huge myth

Graeme Bell.

He was traded to the Riders by the Eskimos.

Nope. Graeme Bell was an FA, and as the story goes, Taman faxed him a contract but something happened with the fax machine and Bell never got it, or didn't get it in time, and ended up taking a Rider offer instead. The joke was that if either of them knew how to work a fax machine, he would still been a Bomber...

Nope. Graeme Bell was an FA, and as the story goes, Taman faxed him a contract but something happened with the fax machine and Bell never got it, or didn't get it in time, and ended up taking a Rider offer instead. The joke was that if either of them knew how to work a fax machine, he would still been a Bomber...

Bell signed as an FA with the Eskimos, not the Riders. He played in Edmonton for 2 seasons before being traded to Saskatchewan.

He went to the Esks and you knew that. 

From Andrew Bucholtz:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers: B+: The Bombers made what looks like a solid decision with the second-overall pick, taking Calgary guard Sukh Chung, a mauler who Duane Forde said he would have chosen first overall. They also found good value late, adding the likes of Laval RB Christophe Normand (fourth round) and Ottawa DE Ettore Lattanzio (fifth round). Their decision to go with Regina receiver Addison Richards 11th overall while more-highly-touted SFU receiver Lemar Durant was still on the board was a bit iffy, though.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/cfl-draft-grades-for-the-west-division-153321389.html

Chungh is a fine pick

Richards over Waud is baffling

Morgan seems like a Mack pick - hope it works

Normand is a decent pick

Lattanzio is a nice fourth round steal

Surprised we went with LB instead of a DL/OL project in the 6th\

Hope someone can longsnap

Excited about Yantz

My vote - skeptical but at least we didn't screw up #2 overall

Chungh is a fine pick

Normand is a decent pick

Excited about Yantz

"Richards over Waud is baffling" ... its about where help is needed most

Durant has to be one of the most overrated players in the history of this draft, or at least since people started paying attention to it.

I wonder how the Bombers had the receivers ranked.  I suspect it was Demski, Harty, Richards, Durant.  Wonder if they trade to make a deal with Montreal, Calgary or Ottawa to snag Harty.

Chungh is a fine pick

Normand is a decent pick

Excited about Yantz

We don't need help on DL?  I know we're all excited about Westerman but he's got only two or three years left really

Not all sask born players go home to play for sask. It's a myth. Name like 4 of them besides Labatte which was more than just playing for sask who have. Getzlaf? Traded. Bagg? Nope. Seriously it's a huge myth

Graeme Bell.

He was traded to the Riders by the Eskimos.

DOH.  Oh well I tried.

It's amazing how some people who don't follow the CIS suggest certain people should be drafted ahead of others

this is very true.  Over the years I've seen so many draft busts who were supposed to be superstars and so many nobodies that were drafted late who turn out to be studs that all I know is this - Kyle and his crew know CIS football, so if they wanted Richards that high, I'm glad they got him.  He could be the next Joe Pop, or the next Aaron Hargreaves.  I am hoping for something somewhere in between.

I too am curious as why we didn't go after waud unless the team knows more about the future then we do in regards to Canucks on the way back (or hoping..) or from next seasons draft. Who knows, maybe they feel a dlineman steps in easier then a receiver so they felt it's not as dire to get one ASAP...

Chungh is a fine pick

Normand is a decent pick

Excited about Yantz

We don't need help on DL? I know we're all excited about Westerman but he's got only two or three years left really

We have way more flexibility for NI on defence. At this point we could put one at DE DT, two linebacker spots, wide side corner and safety. And we only need 2 of those at any given time, and we have a lot of pieces to do that. I can see why it is more important to bolster our NI receiving content as we are not very deep there.

As regards drafting Waud, if Walters has reason to believe that Bilukidi or Mulumba(?) will shake loose in the not too distant future, then drafting a receiver makes sense.

Walters recently said he doesn't expect either to end up in the CFL for at least 2 years.