Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now

BigBlue

Now Walters goes on to sign the undrafted gems. His talent assessment seems remarkable.

Yantz definitely did not look out of place in last year's training camp.

And if he's willing to Sinopoli his way over to receiver...could eventually be a sneaky gem of a signing indeed.

I would have liked Waud at 11 and Richards is probably still here at 15... Morgan only makes me nervous b/c I'm never heard of him but hopefully he turns out to be a good one... it just seems to me like Waud fills a need better... giving us to option to play 2 NIs on the D-line in certain situations...

I suspect once Hardy went off the board at 10 they didn't feel they could take that chance.

I would have liked Waud at 11 and Richards is probably still here at 15... Morgan only makes me nervous b/c I'm never heard of him but hopefully he turns out to be a good one... it just seems to me like Waud fills a need better... giving us to option to play 2 NIs on the D-line in certain situations...

I suspect once Hardy went off the board at 10 they didn't feel they could take that chance.

You're probably right... I wonder if they de-valued Durant so much that they wouldn't take the chance that one of those two guys would be available at 15...

You're probably right... I wonder if they de-valued Durant so much that they wouldn't take the chance that one of those two guys would be available at 15...

Had they gone Waud / Durant (or even Richards).. I would have been much more satisfied today than I am.  

I "get" the character concerns and that Durant's interviews weren't the best .. on sheer talent, he's the guy I would have preferred .. and you can never be too deep on either line when it comes to NI talent.

I would have been happy with Waud/Richards... I'm not trying to bury Morgan or anything, I admittedly know nothing about him and his lack of name recognition is the only reason I'm sceptical about him... but I read some promising scouting reports and I liked a lot of the stuff I saw on his highlight tape... my only concern is on some of the plays he may have benefited from playing against CIS talent... 

Does anyone know why Maxx Forde free-fell (is that the proper past tense for free-fall??)... I thought most mocks had him in the 2nd round or so...

Now that the anticipation of draft day is over (and satisfaction never equals anticipation) we have cleared another target date on the way to Training Camp. And that's where the excitement really gets amped up big time.

Sunday May 31st is the official start of TC.

17 more sleeps.

Does anyone know why Maxx Forde free-fell (is that the proper past tense for free-fall??)....

I'll say Tom Petty knows best when it comes to free-falling.

Besides, if you free-fell in the forest, would anybody hear?

Team by Team Selections:

BC Lions

1-5  - Mrabure-Ajufo, Ese (DL)
2-14 - Boyko, Brett (OL)
3-23 - Murray-Lawrence, Shaquille (RB)
4-32 - Clarke, Adrian (LB)
5-41 - Allison, Campbell (OL)
5-43 - Covington, Christian (DL)
6-49 - Brinkworth, Joshua (DB)
7-58 - Forde, Maxx (DL)

Edmonton Eskimos

1-7  - Groulx, Danny (OL)
2-16 - Beard, David (OL)
3-25 - Konar, Adam (LB)
4-34 - Johnson, Andrew (WR)
7-60 - Smith, Blair (LB)

Calgary Stampeders

1-9  - Lavoie, Karl (OL)
2-18 - Durant, Lemar (WR)
3-19 - Varga, Tyler (RB)
3-22 - Campbell, Tevaughn (DB)
3-27 - Langlais, William (FB)
5-44 - Janke, Dexter (DB)
6-53 - Picton, Aaron (OL)
7-62 - Buckley, Andrew (QB)

Saskatchewan Roughriders

1-6  - Demski, Nic (WR)
3-26 - Connop, Rory (DL)
4-35 - Rea, Matt (RB)
5-42 - Adjei, Kwame (DB)
6-47 - Langlais, Tyler (DL)
6-50 - Abankwah, Melvin (RB)
7-59 - Tennant, Brandon (DL)

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

1-2  - Chungh, Sukh (OL)
2-11 - Richards, Addison (WR)
2-15 - Morgan, Brendan (DB)
4-33 - Normand, Christophe (RB)
5-38 - Lattanzio, Ettore (DL)
6-46 - Warden, Justin (DL)

Toronto Argonauts

1-3  - McEwan, Sean (OL)
2-12 - Waud, Darryl (DL)
3-21 - Walker, Cameron (DL)
4-30 - Norzil, Matt (WR)
5-39 - Campbell, Dillon (RB)
7-55 - Bradfield, Kevin (WR)
7-56 - MacDonald, Dan (LS)

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2-17 - Archambault, Byron (LB)
3-20 - Langa, Jonathan (LB)
4-29 - Omara, Ron (LB)
6-51 - Ellefsen, Everett (DL)
6-52 - English, Daniel (WR)
7-61 - Huggins, Preston (LB)

Ottawa REDBLACKS

1-1  - Mateas, Alex (OL)
2-10 - Harty, Jake (WR)
4-28 - Doll, Tanner (LB)
5-37 - Court, Jefferson (FB)
6-46 - Lafrance, Kienan (RB)
7-54 - Laganiere, Alexandre (OL)

Montreal Alouettes

1-4  - Ackie, Chris (DB)
1-8  - Ruby, Jacob (OL)
2-13 - Shortill, Nick (LB)
3-24 - Bodanis, James (OL) 
4-31 - Bridge, Brandon (QB)
4-39 - Charette, Alex (WR)
5-40 - Davidson, Mikhail (WR)
6-48 - Lawlor, Quinn (DB)
7-57 - Coady, Anthony (DB)

Looking over our draft picks tonight, we could have done a lot better on our 2nd round 15 th pick.

Morgan could have been taken much later.

Agreed, except Bombers didn't have a 3rd rounder. Kinda defeats the purpose of the swap of picks with the Riders in the Watson trade. We traded up for a 2nd round pick, but got 3/4th round value.

Bombers could have gotten Morgan in the 3rd or 4th so what looked like a genius move in swapping picks with the Riders in the Watson trade now seems kind of wasted.

Impossible to say. I'm not happy about the Morgan pick either because that's not who I wanted to see, but we can't say "so and so would've been available" - it's pretty obvious that draft boards don't play out anywhere near what the media and fans expect.

So while I'm not thrilled with the pick, it can't be called a waste at this point.

Agreed it's impossible to say, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think we got the expected value out of that pick that I was hoping for, especially considering how much Walters was pumping how great this draft was.  

After sleeping on it though, I think Walters had a solid draft, but he didn't hit a home-run like I was hoping for.  A home-run for me would have been Chungh, Demski and Shortill. That would have been an A+ in my books.  Instead, I give Walters a B.  

How could Walters have picked Demski and Shortfall at 11 and 15 when they were already gone?  You may as well say they should have picked Mateas, Chungh and McEwan.

Bombers could have gotten Morgan in the 3rd or 4th so what looked like a genius move in swapping picks with the Riders in the Watson trade now seems kind of wasted.

Impossible to say. I'm not happy about the Morgan pick either because that's not who I wanted to see, but we can't say "so and so would've been available" - it's pretty obvious that draft boards don't play out anywhere near what the media and fans expect.

So while I'm not thrilled with the pick, it can't be called a waste at this point.

Agreed it's impossible to say, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think we got the expected value out of that pick that I was hoping for, especially considering how much Walters was pumping how great this draft was.

After sleeping on it though, I think Walters had a solid draft, but he didn't hit a home-run like I was hoping for. A home-run for me would have been Chungh, Demski and Shortill. That would have been an A+ in my books. Instead, I give Walters a B.

How could Walters have picked Demski and Shortfall at 11 and 15 when they were already gone? You may as well say they should have picked Mateas, Chungh and McEwan.

I'm saying that would have been a home run draft. But obviously Walters can't control who is picked where.

So the Sun has an article saying Demski is thrilled to be a Rider... I thought Mike said that he would despise being a rider?

Mike doesn't know as much as a lot of you guys think he does. Some of you guys treat him like he knows everything. He sure thinks he does, but he really doesn't.