CFL cf. NFL: Depth of Interest

BigBlue

Football outside of Blue Bomberville  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Using this scale 3 = Strong, 2 = Mediun, 1 = Light/None ... Please rate how strong your interest is in football beyond our beloved home team. Rate the strength of your interest in the rest of the CFL and the strength of your interest in NFL football.

• 3 = NFL &. rest of CFL = 3
    • 3 = NFL &. rest of CFL = 2
    • 3 = NFL & rest of CFL = 1
    • 2 = NFL & rest of CFL = 3
    • 2 = NFL &. rest of CFL = 2
    • 2 = NFL & rest of CFL = 1
    • 1 = NFL & rest of CFL = 3
    • 1 = NFL & rest of CFL = 2
    • 1 = NFL & rest of CFL = 1
    • Other & please explain

We all have a fairly strong interest in our beloved Blue Bombers or we wouldn't be on this form and a cold day in February. But I'm very curious to know how many of us are fanatics on the NFL; and do we really care about the other teams in the CFL?

So on the pole please rate where you stand in interest as far as the rest of the CFL goes and how intense you are about the NFL.

I am also curious about who your favourite NFL team is right now. Also do you have a favourite team outside the Blue Bombers in the CFL.

Personally I am a Patriots fan and have been for a very very long time (ever since I gave up on the Minnesota Vikings)

In the CFL I like the Stampeders mainly because of John Hufnagel; however the BC Lions is also high on my list mainly because of Andrew Harris (but I have gone from loving to hating Wally Buono)

How about you?

If it was possible to have less than 0 interest in the NFL, I would. I'm desperate for it to be overwith so we don't have to hear about it constantly. Post-Superbowl is the best time for me, because it's in the heart of Curling season, and the CFL FA Day is coming soon and the CIS Draft not far off...

I am as much a CFL fan as I am a Bomber fan, I'll watch anything CFL related and follow it all closely... but I don't give any kind of damn about the NFL. It's a horribly over hyped league and I quite frnakly resent it for taking attention away from the CFL. I don't know if it's just a Calgary phenomenon but it seems like the NFL is a bigger deal than the CFL here and I hate that more than words can say. I can not wait for the superb owl to be over with so we can stop hearing about that damned league all the time. Lots of other sports to focus on. 

I love both games. I have 3 NFL teams (Niners, Hawks & Packers) I like & then the Bombers number one & Stamps distant number 2 in that order. or to put it another way, I was happy the Stamps won as they had a great season & deserved the GC win but if the Bombers won the GC, wow... I'd book off sick from work for 3 days. I'd be ultra excited. 

Good luck today to former teammates & buddies @Seahawks @cmat13 @JonRyan9 & Maurice Kelly

Chris Mathews and Jon Ryan are obvious but I forgot that the Seahawks senior director of player development is Mo Kelly who played for the Bombers "in two separate stints (1998-99) and (2003-2004) as a hard-hitting defensive back/linebacker known as Crash Kelly. He was a CFL all-star twice, once with the Lions (’97) and again with the Blue Bombers (‘99)."

If it weren't for those guys I wouldn't care about the game. But the Bomber connection makes me a Seahawk backer.

Love the Bombers above all other teams, (even the Jets) and while I don't really root for the other CFL teams I still watch them and pay attention to what they do since I love the CFL as a league in general.  For me CFL>NFL.  But I love the Patriots only slightly less than the Bombers so I pay considerable attention and enjoy the NFL as well.  Basically between June and early February each year I am entertained every weekend.  Between Feb and June I have to depend on hockey to fill the void, which isn't bad either.

I like football, so being able to watch it 8 months of the year instead of just 6 is a good thing.  But outside of Bombers games, it's all a low priority to me.  Watching a football game on TV instead of doing almost anything else?  No thanks.  In the absence of all other interesting things, sure, I'll watch a game.  Had family over last night for supper and to watch the game - I declined the offer of a seat facing the TV during supper - I'd rather visit with the people we've invited over than pretend to care about 2 teams I don't care about.  Yes, if push comes to shove, screw the Patriots, but whatever.  Coach grumblelord and the evil empire won another championship; I can't pretend to be indignant about their ways anymore.

One of the things I really love about the CFL is that it is a 9 team league. It makes it much easier to really know the opposition and not just my favorite team. In the NFL, other than the big name players it's hard to develop an interest in the opposing team.

Personally my affection for the NFL is what the average Canadian sports fan feels about hockey. I love every aspect of the game. I take time to watch NCAA games, download torrents of other NCAA from lesser conferences to make sure I have a good grasp of who is coming into the NFL the following year through the draft. While flawed like any sports league, it is the most successfully run league financially for a reason.

As for the CFL, it varies for me. I'm Bombers through and through, though admittedly once the NFL gets rolling in August and September my interests starts to dwindle. It declines even more so if we aren't very competitive. I'll still watch our games until the end of the season, but as has been the case in the last few years, when we fall out of the race I don't watch a lot of other CFL games, though I will tune in if I have nothing better going on.

Between my favourites, the Packers, and the Bombers, if I had to choose one for success there's no comparison. I'll take the Packers without hesitation whatsoever.

Personally my affection for the NFL is what the average Canadian sports fan feels about hockey. I love every aspect of the game. I take time to watch NCAA games, download torrents of other NCAA from lesser conferences to make sure I have a good grasp of who is coming into the NFL the following year through the draft. While flawed like any sports league, it is the most successfully run league financially for a reason.

As for the CFL, it varies for me. I'm Bombers through and through, though admittedly once the NFL gets rolling in August and September my interests starts to dwindle. It declines even more so if we aren't very competitive. I'll still watch our games until the end of the season, but as has been the case in the last few years, when we fall out of the race I don't watch a lot of other CFL games, though I will tune in if I have nothing better going on.

Between my favourites, the Packers, and the Bombers, if I had to choose one for success there's no comparison. I'll take the Packers without hesitation whatsoever.

You're a bad person and I hate you.

Polar-Bears-Hugging.jpg

Polar-Bears-Hugging.jpg

I can't bear to see any more of this. I'm going to hide in my cubby hole.