Bombers trade Cory Watson to Saskatchewan

Mike

I do believe that pretty much anyone can sign up and edit Wikipedia. It sometimes goes through an approval process if you are new or not known.

That is the whole point of Wikipedia, is it is kept up to date by the community at large.

...Who has the 'official' draft order...I'm confused like Mike....What are our pics.????

It's now 2, 11, 15, then nothing in the 3rd.

Damn....I thought we were really going to load up. Guess we shouldn't be too greedy but it's been a long time since we could say our cupboards were full. 2, 11 and 15 should net us some excellent talent.

Please explain how Elimimian changed his game to prolong his career? I'd like to hear that one.

He re-focused on the tackle, not the smack down.

It's football, you go hard or you go home (on a stretcher usually). Hitting/tackling is the same thing when that's how you play. Doubt Solomon could change how he plays and stil would remain as effective ...

Please explain how Elimimian changed his game to prolong his career? I'd like to hear that one.

It's football, you go hard or you go home (on a stretcher usually). Hitting/tackling is the same thing when that's how you play. Doubt Solomon could change how he plays and stil would remain as effective ...

I disagree, hitting and tackling are not the same thing.  Ian Wild and Alex Suber are examples of great tacklers that do not rely heavily on the hitting component.  One of the Bombers problems last year was not wrapping up and containing the ball carrier, thus poor tackling.

Yay, another post where I wonder if it's even worth replying.  Those are the best.

IF the reports are true and Watson wanted out of here, it'll put a BIG asterisk beside his name for me, regarding his time here in the last little while. Makes me wonder about all the time he spent in the tub. Makes one play and is gonzo for a stretch. If that's the kind of player he is, glad he's with the riders.

He re-signed with the Bombers twice - he had 2 opportunities to leave between the time we drafted him and now and did not.  Throttle back on the conspiracy theories.

I guess you missed the little word IF reports are true. I'm not the one writing the bloody reports. Conspiracy...give me a break.?? It's there for you to read and you take it the way you want. Watson re-upped twice sure, but people change and so do circumstances. His latest comment about 'finally being with a 'winning' organization' (we'll see about that) says a lot. Couldn't make us a winner from the tub so things are going to be dif. We'll see.

Well, conspiracy seemed more polite than lunacy, so I went with that one.  Because I try to be polite.  I realized the usage was incorrect, as a conspiracy requires more than one person.  It was meant to be taken more figurative than literal.

IF the reports he wanted out of here are true, then the conclusion you can draw is that he wanted out of here.

as opposed to putting a big asterix by his name, or

spending time thinking about Cory Watson in the tub - to each their own -, or

insinuating he's faking/milking injuries, or

implying he has a character issue.

Putting IF in front of slander does not make it something else.

Because, no offence, (insert something incredibly offensive here).  See how that (doesn't) works?

Yay, another post where I wonder if it's even worth replying.  Those are the best.

IF the reports are true and Watson wanted out of here, it'll put a BIG asterisk beside his name for me, regarding his time here in the last little while. Makes me wonder about all the time he spent in the tub. Makes one play and is gonzo for a stretch. If that's the kind of player he is, glad he's with the riders.

He re-signed with the Bombers twice - he had 2 opportunities to leave between the time we drafted him and now and did not.  Throttle back on the conspiracy theories.

I guess you missed the little word IF reports are true. I'm not the one writing the bloody reports. Conspiracy...give me a break.?? It's there for you to read and you take it the way you want. Watson re-upped twice sure, but people change and so do circumstances. His latest comment about 'finally being with a 'winning' organization' (we'll see about that) says a lot. Couldn't make us a winner from the tub so things are going to be dif. We'll see.

Well, conspiracy seemed more polite than lunacy, so I went with that one.  Because I try to be polite.  I realized the usage was incorrect, as a conspiracy requires more than one person.  It was meant to be taken more figurative than literal.

IF the reports he wanted out of here are true, then the conclusion you can draw is that he wanted out of here.

as opposed to putting a big asterix by his name, or

spending time thinking about Cory Watson in the tub - to each their own -, or

insinuating he's faking/milking injuries, or

implying he has a character issue.

Putting IF in front of slander does not make it something else.

Because, no offence, (insert something incredibly offensive here).  See how that (doesn't) works?

lots of bafflegab there  lol...Look 'IF' is a little word with a big meaning...you use it in your context...I'll use it in mine...Inferring that someone would be a 'lunatic' for expressing their opinion  is a tad denigrating ...Slander my aunt fanny...Make that one stand up in court...you lose..Someone said you like to be a little 'catty'...I'll go with that.. lol

I disagree, hitting and tackling are not the same thing.  Ian Wild and Alex Suber are examples of great tacklers that do not rely heavily on the hitting component.  One of the Bombers problems last year was not wrapping up and containing the ball carrier, thus poor tackling.

Wild missed significant time with injuries. Guys get injured. Part of the game. The reason that Elimimian won the MOP award is because offensive output was down significantly all across the CFL & defensive play was much better. There really wasn't one offensive player that truly stood out as the best in the league. Elimimian did because he flies to the football. He's a smart player, makes great reads as a defensive player, knows his opponents so he puts in a ton of prep work each week & tackles extremely well. He kept up his play the entire season unlike John Chick who just faded away over an 18 game season & playoffs. But to fundamentally change his game like you suggest, I doubt that.

How's about this, maybe the "report" (rumour) that he wanted to be out to be closer to home just means he wants to be closer to home?  Probably for a personal reason.

Rather than creating your long list of his hypothetical personal failings.

I know, it's a long standing tradition to denigrate players who are no longer here unless they leave under a very specific set of "acceptable" circumstances.  Very well, have at 'er.  I won't stand in your way any longer.

I heard he eats puppies.

How's about this, maybe the "report" (rumour) that he wanted to be out to be closer to home just means he wants to be closer to home?  Probably for a personal reason.

Rather than creating your long list of his hypothetical personal failings.

I know, it's a long standing tradition to denigrate players who are no longer here unless they leave under a very specific set of "acceptable" circumstances.  Very well, have at 'er.  I won't stand in your way any longer.

I heard he eats puppies.

Well if your last line is correct don't tell Cvets.  He frowns on that kind of thing and it could be called to the attention of the SPCA lol...Look I have my opinIon on the player.. you have yours...AND the knife cuts both ways when players leave an organization...There have been some damned hard knocks levelled at our team by some that have left...I'm sure Cory and all of us will all find our way..

Watson was nothing but a professional and class act both on and off the field in his time here. It's unfortunate that he couldn't stay healthy but I'm not gonna knock a guy who basically puts his body on the line for my entertainment. Don't care why he may have wanted to be traded. It's irrelevant really.

There's always the Kuale way to play - don't focus on the tackle, focus on the 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty after someone else has made the tackle...

There's always the Kuale way to play - don't focus on the tackle, focus on the 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty after someone else has made the tackle...

And then get up and celebrate like an idiot like you made the tackle.

Good trade for both teams. Watson if healthy can be a ratio beaker, it'll be interesting to see how he does with a change of scenery & new physiotherapists. It will also be interesting to see how the Bombers use those pics.

I wasn't aware out west they have physiotherapists with magical skills that the ones in Winnipeg don't have....

Good trade for both teams. Watson if healthy can be a ratio beaker, it'll be interesting to see how he does with a change of scenery & new physiotherapists. It will also be interesting to see how the Bombers use those pics.

I wasn't aware out west they have physiotherapists with magical skills that the ones in Winnipeg don't have....

" Let me give you this blue little pill. All your troubles will vanish."

" Let me give you this blue little pill. All your troubles will vanish."

In this case the pill is green and white and tastes like Kool-Aid.

I never said they did. Just like changing doctors, sometimes you get different results. It'll be very interesting to see how Watson does.

Watson has missed 20 games out of 54 the past few years and has missed at least a third of the season each year. That doesn't include the games he was hurt in and left or didn't produce in. He appears to be a guy who is chronically injured. What are the docs in Regina going to do that wasn't done in Winnipeg? Have the Riders been better at rehabbing players?