Maurice Leggett signs contract extension

blitzmore

Is there a sense a smart GM might get a lot more value for players now before the players really figure  out the cap increase and the "new world" of CFL finances becomes clearer?  Or am I way off base here?

Hard to say, but you would think most agents would at least be smart enough to calculate what percentage of the cap the old salaries represented and extrapolate from there.  Won't know the full impact (whether it is a uniform escalation across all positions) until a few QBs and prime Canadians sign to set the market.  My guess is more money goes to Canadians, QBs, and established stars as I don't believe the league minimum was bumped up as much as the cap.

As a fan, I sure wish the CFL published salaries like the NHL.  As a player, not sure I would appreciate my salary being publicly available for anyone to see.

Is there a sense a smart GM might get a lot more value for players now before the players really figure  out the cap increase and the "new world" of CFL finances becomes clearer?  Or am I way off base here?

Hard to say, but you would think most agents would at least be smart enough to calculate what percentage of the cap the old salaries represented and extrapolate from there.  Won't know the full impact (whether it is a uniform escalation across all positions) until a few QBs and prime Canadians sign to set the market.  My guess is more money goes to Canadians, QBs, and established stars as I don't believe the league minimum was bumped up as much as the cap.

As a fan, I sure wish the CFL published salaries like the NHL.  As a player, not sure I would appreciate my salary being publicly available for anyone to see.

That seems the most likely event given how replaceable a lot of the import players in this league are. The hard to replace guys like the qbs and Canadians and true super star players will get more but the rank and file  American players likely don't see huge increases in pay.

I don't really see an advantage for any GM's.  If anything certain guys who hit the open market will prey on a handful of stupid/desperate/Ottawa GM's with cap space and completely skew the market.

Great signing.. Very cool to see a guy who could probably have landed on a PR or even game roster in the NFL stick around here and wants to make a name for himself... More so then he has already.. Gonna be a perennial all-star..

Leggett army camo jersey?? I think so! :D

There's absolutely no redeeming quality to those jersey's at all ..

To each their own... I think they that they are soo odd that they are cool.. Like a hairless cat or a white albino rat lol

To each their own... I think they that they are soo odd that they are cool.. Like a hairless cat or a white albino rat lol

I'll clarify .. I don't mind digital camo .. I think there are a tonne of examples out there that I could pull that would be infinitely better than what the Bombers got this season .. ours .. terribly done .. top to bottom ..

I'll clarify .. I don't mind digital camo .. I think there are a tonne of examples out there that I could pull that would be infinitely better than what the Bombers got this season .. ours .. terribly done .. top to bottom ..

Oh i agree.. If it wasnt bomber related, id not even consider it.. But its bombers and due to mass hatred, rare :) i like things that are oddities...

Oh i agree.. If it wasnt bomber related, id not even consider it.. But its bombers and due to mass hatred, rare :) i like things that are oddities...

Thinking of getting one just in case the MBB football game ever happens.  Just as an OBannion's lick paddle to everyone.