MBB Year in Review

Rich

The 2014 CFL Season is now officially in the books.  And while we as Bombers fans have to say the same thing we’ve been saying for the last 23 years, “Maybe Next Year…”, I did want to take a moment and thank everyone who comes to this site.  Whether you visit monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, or every minute, whether you post regularly, sporadically, or just lurk, you guys are the reason this site is here and continues to thrive.

In only our second season of existence, the continued growth of this site has been overwhelming to say the least.  I’m happy to announce that we’ve already renewed the MBB season tickets for next year and they will once again be donated to the Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Winnipeg.  I think it is great that the support of this site not only pays for the expenses incurred in running it, but we are able to share the game day experience with kids who wouldn’t otherwise be fortunate enough to experience it live.

And while we are always open to suggestions on how the site is run and things we can do better or add to the site, I’d like to open up this thread for comments in two areas:

1. Any suggestions or ideas on contests or content that you would like to see added to the site for next season.

2. With the Grey Cup being held in Winnipeg next year, we are thinking about holding an MBB event during Grey Cup week.   So far, a one day touch football tournament has been suggested.  Looking for thoughts / feedback on this or any other ideas you may have on what we can do or what you would like to see during Grey Cup next year.

Touch football tourney would be sweet.

Might be tough to put together but it would be a lot of fun.

The idea I had was to find out what the cost of renting the soccer complex right next to IGF would be. That's where the PIT league runs out of and it's a beautiful facility.

One of my favourite sites, great posters and commenters, friendly bunch.

I get a lot of laughs from the comments. The football opinions are great. sometimes informative. pretty sure I understand etch now. But a bit more discussion would really clear it up for me. ;)

I can't think of anything to suggest for improvement. 

Thanks a lot to you people that run things, , and to the people that post and comment.

If we're looking for official MBB events during Grey Cup Week, I'd be happy to offer my venue as a get together/party spot. I could make it quite the event (bands, comedians, etc.) and would be happy to make it a Morning Big Blue "Official" event. If we attach a cover, the money raised beyond venue costs could go towards MBB and charity support!

Of course, there's lots of time to discuss and plan, but figured I'd put it out there now.

(Also like the idea of the touch football game/tourney.)

Touch football tourney would be sweet.

Might be tough to put together but it would be a lot of fun.

The idea I had was to find out what the cost of renting the soccer complex right next to IGF would be. That's where the PIT league runs out of and it's a beautiful facility.

Yup, I play in the league. It's a lot of fun and the field there is amazing. 

I love this place, I love the posters and I love the mods!

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

Fo realzies.. Best place for news, discussion and all around bomber greatness.. I once said MMB may never catch OB... you guys have blown the f'n doors off em..

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

Fo realzies.. Best place for news, discussion and all around bomber greatness.. I once said MMB may never catch OB... you guys have blown the f'n doors off em..

You love me the most...even though I hate you with every fiber of my being.  You can't help it.

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

You love me the most...even though I hate you with every fiber of my being. You can't help it.

I am a sucker for punishment and people who smell like pimento loaf..

I suggest a MBB Meet & Greet at a pub GC week. Touch football tourney might be a tough sell if it's minus 25 with 15 cms of snow on the ground.

You didnt happen to notice the conversation above about indoor field rental im guessing..

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

You love me the most...even though I hate you with every fiber of my being.  You can't help it.

Man love. :o

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

If you guys want to get a room, I think most here would be willing to chip in for that to help you requite your affections.

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

If you guys want to get a room, I think most here would be willing to chip in for that to help you requite your affections.

WOOHOO FREE HOTEL ROOM!

Do we get to order room service too?  And how about throwing in some spa time?

BEST FORUMZ EVAr!!!!

WOOHOO FREE HOTEL ROOM!

Do we get to order room service too?  And how about throwing in some spa time?

Nope. You can rub each other the right way.