Grey Cup 2014

Zontar

I don't know if it was mention yet but if I was a Ti Cats I would want Brandon Stewart on the next bus out of town. They beat him like a rented mule all day.

Even more shameful on his part was SJ Green calling him out before the east final and them him getting lit up there too. Just not nearly good enough to be a half back in the CFL. The Bombers always hid the guy on the corner because of his limitations. 

Fact is Stewart was effective all year until he ran into Green - who does that to everyone and then CAL's gaggle of good receivers instrumental in a 15-3 season.

A lot of it was having experience in a young bacfield now that it is less needed I'd be surprised if he is brought back

Fact is Stewart was effective all year until he ran into Green - who does that to everyone and then CAL's gaggle of good receivers instrumental in a 15-3 season.

A lot of it was having experience in a young bacfield now that it is less needed I'd be surprised if he is brought back

There are definitely half backs in the CFL who would've done a better job containing S.J. Green. Ditto the Calgary gaggle.

As if there was any doubt….

1908206_10203704992038584_11844873399733……still looks like he has a shot at the tackle here.

1525293_10203704991998583_64818986930664…"the shove" (note the position of the ref.)

Pictures can't definitively decide one way or the other, but it's probably closer than some remember.

*******pictures courtesy of ryan3434 @CFL.CA

He's not even close to getting that TD without the penalties. That's why the whole hand wringing in Ham is laughable.

I saw an illegal block but not Reed & saw the flag thinking it was on that. Turned out it was Reed's so yes, there was more than one infraction on that return. It was a good call. Reed hit the Stamps player from behind. That's illegal & a flag everytime.

He's not even close to getting that TD without the penalties. That's why the whole hand wringing in Ham is laughable.

He had already beat the guy Reed blocked in the back so he would've scored regardless, but the one they DIDN'T call on the downfield holding easily assisted him.

The penalty that was called he had already beaten that guy. The Stamps can say whatever they want about their lack of effort knowing the penalty was called, but Banks was already sprung when the penalty occurred. Maybe he wouldn't have got a touchdown but he still likely wound up getting a good return and setting up the ti-cats with decent to good field position and you and I both know how much momentum can affect a football game. 

I wonder how often a return is flagged when the returner is going one way then doubles back to the opposite side. I would have to say 90% of the time. As soon as I saw him double back I knew I should be looking back for a flag. Sure enough he was going into the endzone I peaked back at the other end of the field and a flag was on the ground

@scratchingpost: @speedybanks87 on why he didn’t return to game for final offensive possession: “Just emotionally, I wasn’t stable.”

Guess he was not tired after that run.

I know a lot of people can shrug and say he should have been a man or a pro, he should have just sucked it up and got back in the lineup... but man, what a heart-breaker! One second you're a hero who likely just won the biggest game of his life, the next you're crashing back down to earth. I can't blame him for that one.

Except it wasn't his error that made it get called back.  If it was him who had screwed up, I could *almost* see it.  One minute the hero, the next you wear the horns .. but that isn't what happened.

He should have been even more motivated to go out and make another play.

This is it.

I was flabbergasted that their fastest player wasn't out there to put himself in a position to help win the game.

All or nothing, instead of crying on the bench.

There would have been nothing I wouldn't have tried after that gaffe, to get us back in the game.

One thing we gotta keep in mind, and certainly gets overlooked a lot, is that these are just kids out there. They're very young, and in a lotta cases, just not emotionally equipped to deal with some of the things that happen. Easy for us to sit back and say what we'd do...

One thing we gotta keep in mind, and certainly gets overlooked a lot, is that these are just kids out there. They're very young, and in a lotta cases, just not emotionally equipped to deal with some of the things that happen. Easy for us to sit back and say what we'd do...

It is fair to say that everyone reacts differently to different situations, but Banks is hardly a kid.  He is 26 years old, who was a star at every level he has played in prior to the NFL, including, high school, junior college, and 2 years at Kansas State.

Prior to the CFL, he played 3 years in the NFL and accumulated 11 receptions, 35 receiving yards, 3,793 return yards, and 2 touchdowns.

While mostly a ST player in the NFL, he has had plenty of time and experience in high pressure games and situations through his college and pro career.